“We eat here often and love it so much we had our Granddaughter Christening party here.”
Review of Lucciano's Cafe

Lucciano's Cafe
Ranked #11 of 66 Restaurants in Londonderry
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 10, 2013

The owner Lou (not sure if thats his real name, but he answer to it) Was great helping us arrange the party. We decide to have it buffet style. We had ordered platters of Calamri and Antipasto to start. Both tray's were hugh and he would refresh the tray's as they got low, everybody raved, he does make the best Calamari I have ever had.
These were setup in the bar area which gave everybody room to mingle in the main seating area. For the meal we choose a tray of chicken cutlets, a tray of Ziti macaroni and a tray of stuffed shells. And he also refreshed these as they ran low. The staff was great.
When we go for dinner my wife always gets the mussels there are some many they over flow the dish, And the dishs are huge, I always get the Veal parm. and the give you 1 or 2 peices that are take up the whole plate its incredible that he can make a profit with the huge portions
he serves.
One other thing thats great is he is open late.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

I am finally writing my review! My husband and I visited this quaint restaurant November, 2012. We loved it so much that we got my parents a gift certificate for Christmas. They haven't used it yet so when my mother asked me what I want to do for my birthday next week, I asked her if we could go back here. This part of the review is the most important-the portions are humungous. You absolutely must remember that when ordering. We had the calamari appetizer and it was as if it were made in Rhode Island because it was so delicious!! I ordered the spaghetti with sausage and peppers and my husband ordered a pasta with veal. We love to eat and had enough food for two more meals each. The bar is tiny but it shouldn't come as a surprise since the restaurant isn't large. I read the last review before I wrote mine and am extremely surprised by the negative comments. One bad experience doesn't mean it isn't worth taking another trip. The second most important part of my review...the dessert. I am not a huge Tiramisu fan but our waiter told us it would be the best we ever had. I am not using the word "best" loosely when I say that he was correct in saying that it was the best we ever had. My husband and I shared a piece and it was out of this world. The service is fantastic, the food is delicious and the size of the restaurant makes it worth spending a special night here!

Reviewed February 22, 2013

My fiance and I have lived nearby for about two years and always wanted to try Lucciano's. Finally last night we were able to give it a chance (Thursday night, 6:15 pm arrival). The restaurant had a lot of cars in the parking lot but there were a few free tables when we got inside. We were seated immediately and our drink orders were taken and we received them in a reasonable amount of time. The atmosphere is rather loud and not very personal.... you can hear everyone's conversations no matter where their table is relative to yours. But that was fine with us. The waitress took our orders and brought us bread and olive oil for dipping. My fiance ordered veal parm and I ordered linquini and white clam sauce. It probably took about 50 minutes to get our food but we weren't in a rush so that didn't bother us too much. The veal was very thick and not that tender but the portion size was perfect for him. He got ziti on the side and the sauce on the ziti had a very heavy vinegar taste to it. (Balsamic vinegar). It was VERY sweet, which I do not like. He tends to like sweet sauce on say Tripoli pizza but did not like the sauce on his ziti at all. It didn't seem like the sauce on the veal was the same but it was still a little too sweet to my liking. The clam sauce to me was not very good. I felt like I was eating bacon sauce, which I wasn't expecting. I was expecting more garlic wine sauce. The clams appeared to be the small canned ones that were chopped even smaller. Wasn't my favorite. I barely ate any and didn't take it home. After we were done it took a bit for the waitress to come clear our table but, again, we weren't in a rush so we didn't mind. (I did have to flag her down once to get another glass of wine). Again, we had to flag her down to get our bill. 20 minutes later we still had not a gotten it and hadn't seen her since we flagged her. Another waitress walked by and we flagged her down and asked her to ask our waitress for our bill. She dropped it off about 5 minutes later. We were going to pay by credit card but I didn't want to wait another 10 minutes for her to come by and get the card and process it so we ended up paying cash and because we didn't have lower bills she ended up getting more than a 25% tip when I was really dissatisfied with her. (And mind you the place had cleared out so she had less tables to work with then she did when we arrived). We ended up not getting out of the restaurant until 8:30. Two hours and 15 minutes later!!!

On another note, when we were seated there were two women seated at a window/corner table. One was talking loudly on her cell phone and apparently a friend of theirs had forgotten about the planned dinner and wasn't coming. After we had received our drinks, placed our order, eaten our bread, one of the woman flagged down a waitress and asked if anyone would be waiting on them. I could not believe they had been sitting there that long unattended too. (Our waitress had brought them water when she brought our drinks but had not been back since then). Next thing I saw our waitress at their table taking their order. I also noticed they received their food and about 15 minutes later another waitress brought them the side of parmesan they had requested when their food was delivered.

So while we were hoping to find a nice italian restaurant nearby to frequent, we will not be back. Service is awful. Food definitely didn't taste like authentic italian food. I cannot believe that people rated it as high as they did.

I also asked two of my friends about the restaurant. Both said they had previously heard rave reviews but both of them had friends that had been recently and were not happy. So, I'm not sure if they just have new waitstaff and a new chef or what the deal is but we will not be back to find out.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Calamari was excellent as were the veal dishes. Excellent service and tasty food. The food tasted like you ordered it from a little cafe in Northern Italy. No complaints.

1  Thank BillandPattiLee
Reviewed January 5, 2013

This is a approximately 18 table cozy cafe with a casual atmosphere. Went without reservations at 5p.m. on a Saturday. Were seated Quickly at this early hour. By 6p.m. the restaurant was filled. The wait staff all pitch in to seat customers as they arrive. We ordered a house Merlot which is a very pleasant surprise with an excellent flavor at a fair price. The SMALL Chefs salad we ordered is plenty for two. They have four other salads to choose from. They Fruiti Di Mare is load with Large Scallops, Shrimps, a Dozen Mussels and at least 8 oz, of haddock. The sauce is on the thin consistencey side. I ordered it Fra Diavlo. There was just enough of a spice to it not to overpower the flavor. We also had the Eggplant Chicken Parmigiana which was with a more full bodied sauce. Both entrees were excellent. Highly recommend reservations or you will wait a while to be seated if, at all. Will return here.

1  Thank Richard D