“Good enough for Takeout”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Asahi Restaurant and Bar
Ranked #31 of 69 Restaurants in Londonderry
Reviewed October 3, 2017

I like a good MaiTai and here certainly does not meet my standards. As I mentioned, good enough food for takeout, but don't waste your money on the drinks. If you're looking for value, the lunch buffet is the best way to go if you're eating in. Other than that, mostly standard fare. Although if I had to add a positive, their Lo Mein is excellent. I would return simply due to convenience.

Date of visit: September 2017

Reviewed July 20, 2017 via mobile

Stopped in for a quick dinner. Drinks and Sushi at the bar. Great quality, beautifully served. We will be returning more often

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed June 18, 2017

Well, the food was good and the service was good even though the place was pretty crowded. This was our first time here on a Saturday afternoon. Higher priced than most Chinese restaurants. However, their menu includes sushi, Japanese, and possibly some Thai influence. The dishes that are supposed to include vegetables were somewhat scarce on veggies, but huge amounts of rice.

Then, after drinking lots of water, we needed to use the Restrooms. Though they had a caution sign at the door, we entered to find the toilets completely clogged and unable to be flushed. We were told that this was the first time this has happened and both Men's and Women's Restrooms were affected. It was pretty nasty and there were no other options except leave and find a working restroom.

Date of visit: June 2017
Reviewed June 12, 2017

We should have known we were in a for a substandard meal when we observed only "Less Sodium" soy sauce was present on the tables. (I resent restaurants deciding for me how much salt I should have.)

We ordered chicken tempura and summer roll as appetizers. The chicken tempura consisted of only two chicken pieces; the rest was vegetable slices. As is common in chain-style Asian restaurants, the tempura batter was somewhat thick. The summer roll was vaguely similar to the fresh roll at a Thai restaurant, but the filling (made without cilantro, a definite negative) was meager and the wrapper was rubbery. Worse, there was no peanut sauce. (I saw other Thai dishes on the menu, so I just assumed the roll would be served with traditional sauce. Wrong!) The roll was served standing in a sea of duck sauce. It was quite unappetizing and bland.

My husband ordered a sushi dinner. It came with a California roll (made with fake crab) and eight small pieces of nigiri sushi, two of which were abalone and squid. I tried something called a naruto roll, described as "Salmon, tuna, yellowtail wrap w. cucumber." I was expecting slices of fish with a thin veil of cucumber holding it together. Instead, the center of the roll was mushy and the cucumber was so overpowering that I cut most of it away. The dish was totally lacking in flavor and provided very little fish for $10.

Our bill for the chicken tempura appetizer, summer roll, naruto roll (which is listed as an appetizer), and small sushi platter was $45 (note: no drinks!), far too expensive considering both the quantity and quality of what we were served. I left feeling strangely bloated, considering that I had hardly eaten anything, and disappointed that Londonderry still does not have a decent Japanese restaurant.

Date of visit: June 2017
2  Thank VPL_10
Reviewed February 28, 2017

We tried the lunch buffet. The food was good and hot. There was plenty of sides and dishes to choose from. They even had some sushi out which was a big plus. They could have used a soup or bread and their salad consisted of lettuce. The overall taste was good for southern New Hampshire. I would go back again. The price was a little high for lunch @ $8.95 but the buffet never emptied so you could go up multiple times.

Date of visit: February 2017