“Great experience”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Littleton
Crazy Horse Campground
North East, Maryland
“Great experience”
Reviewed October 21, 2011

We stayed at Crazy Horse for a week in October and had a wonderful experience. Joe and Barb were helpful and friendly. They greeted us every morning as we walked our dog. The campground is lovely, smells of pine, with trails covered with pine needles. We will definitely come back. Staying here was a pleasure.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank zachosn

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed July 22, 2011

Worst experience I have ever had. The owners/couple running the campground were the rudest, crazy people I have ever dealt with. It started when we checked in, the old man yelled at my son for running up some stairs. $30 for a tent site with no water or electricity and you have to pay for the showers in their filthy, outdated facilities which were also a 7-10 minute walk from our camp site. They obnoxiously ride around in golf carts, checking on you all the time. The tent sites were also small and presumably dirty because the woman told us to go ahead and poop in the woods because we were so far from the bathroom. The grounds are covered in ridiculous lawn ornaments and unhelpful signs. Most of the trees looked sick and they were the only campground in the area that didn't give us information about not transporting firewood. When I complained about the price and our experience the woman told me (without looking up from her computer) that since I was from New York I could afford it. The final absurdity is when they called the police to have us escorted of their property because we were unhappy with all of the above. This was at 7 p.m and we had to find another place before dark in a place we were unfamiliar with. We later met a retired cop from the area who confirmed that these people were crazy. Don't camp here.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
7 Thank tyamandascoutcharlie
lebanon, nh
Reviewed June 13, 2011

We have stayed at this campground the last 3 years and are going back again this year. We stay in the rental campers/trailers, renting out 3 of them for us and our extended family. We just love it! The campground is always extremely clean as is the pool. The playground is huge and a great place for the kids to play. I always feel safe letting the kids ride thier bikes all over the campground. The owners do ride around on the golf carts checking on things but they've never bothered us and when something needed fixing in the rental unit they were quick to repair.it. It is close enough to town, maybe a 5 minute drive, so if you forget anything it's an easy trip out. The rental units come with everything a hotel room would, linens, dishes, coffemaker etc...It is a wonderful quiet, clean, relaxing place. Our family just loves it and we'll be back again this summer!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank foodey
nh
Reviewed March 10, 2011

We have stayed at CrazyHorse Campground for a over four years in a sesonal site and keep coming back.

We love the location near the White Mtns where you can take in the sights and do some hiking, cylcing etc.

The campground is located near the town of Littleton Nh. For your convenience, there is a Walmart, Shaws, HomeDepot and many other stores within 10 mins of the campground.

The owners of the campground have always been fair and helpful to us. The owners are friendly and like to take a drive around in the evening to see if anyone needs anything.

The store is well equipped with anything you might have forgotten. I also like that you can fill your propane tanks right on site. Also wood can be purchased or you can bring your own wood.

There is a laundry mat on site, which I find convenient.

The heated restrooms are very clean both the showers and toilets.

Everyone gets one hour of free wifi, additional time may be puchased if needed.

There is a playground for the the kids as well as a game room and a pool. We have enjoyed the pool on many hot summer days.

I was impressed to see that the 5mph driving is taken very seriously with all the children riding bikes etc.

Some wknds there is entertainment.

The campground is usually quiet at night with people enjoying campfires. I have been there on nights when some parties got loud after 10pm. It usually didn't occur the next night because the owners took care of it.

Crazyhorse campground is a nice family campground, and oh I forgot to say the sites are reasonably priced.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank gohik09
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed August 16, 2010

First and foremost, the Owners are INCREDIBLY rude!!!! They ride around on thier golf carts every half hour and look in everyones campsites to see what thier doing. No privicy whats-so-ever!! The camp sites are so close together, you can hear snoring from other peoples sites. There are soooooo many RV's there. The owners need to realize that the customers are what keeps them in business and should probably brush up on thier customer service skills!!!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
7 Thank An0nan
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed July 21, 2010

I have been to this place 2x now. The first time they were rude, but figured we'd give another try because we wanted to camp in NH. I had the rabies certificates for my dogs, but, forgot in the glove compartment of my car when I checked in with the male owner. we went back to the site to unpack and had planned to bring it back. The wife HOUNDED me 3x and made rude comments "we should have NEVER have let you check in, you should have said something, when are you going to get it" and when my boyfriend stopped our unpacking to use the men's room, she attacked him on his way to use the bathroom "when are you going to get that rabies certificate to me?" It was really more like harrassment. And they were consistently rude to us while purchasing in their overpriced store. I will NEVER go there again. There are way too many other beautiful campgrounds to choose from. Oh, and, the sites are very small. You are on top of each other. Drive a little further to VT and you can have a Leantu and 3x the space with gorgeous hikes and wonderful knowledgeable state park staff for the same price.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
6 Thank bearnlilly
boston
Reviewed September 3, 2008

We set out for a long holiday weekend camping at Crazyhorse in Littleton NH. The owners were nice and friendly when we got there but we were promised campsite 49 over the telephone, when we arrived we were told we were now at campsite 64. We had no written confirmation so was nothing much we could do. Friday night was not bad because all the sites were not full but when we came back to the campground Saturday we were totally surrounded by people, our firepit was literally 5 feet from the next campground. There was not an ounce of privacy from that point on. They packed way too many people on top of each other and you could hear everything everyone else was saying or doing. We had a family with 5 small children directly behind us and starting at 6am it was constant noise. The owners, friendly at first,
quickly showed their true colors. Barbara was incredibly rude to our kids and us eventually. She followed our two 15 year olds around on a golf cart asking them what they were doing and where they were going. When they explained they were going to the pool she BARKED at them they needed to be 18 to swim, which is understandable. They returned to the campsite and I then set out to take them to the pool, along the way she pulled up next to us and again told us no children in the pool alone, to which I replied I had not realized that and I was sorry. She then yelled at me in front of several other campers that she didn't like my attitude. It is obvious they cater to regulars and have no interst in treating the average Joe with respect or decency. The pool was very nice and the bathrooms were semi-clean but other than that a negative experience for us. The owners have a big lesson to learn in living the golden rule.

Stayed August 2008
4 Thank nickyp24
Also consider these accommodations in or near Littleton
Hampton Inn Littleton
#1 of 4 in Saint Johnsbury
Country Squire Motel
Country Squire Motel
#4 of 5 in Littleton

Been to Crazy Horse Campground? Share your experiences!