“Great little spot with good lunch service!”
Review of Topic of the Town

Topic of the Town
Ranked #9 of 43 Restaurants in Littleton
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed March 17, 2012

My husband, Daughter and Mother stopped in for lunch and we were very pleased with the food and the service. I had the Black russian and califlower soup both were great. Everything they make is homeade it seems, and the server explained all the dishes so well. My mother had had the fried shrimp special (huge portion) 18 shrimp! My husband ordered chicken fried steak and said it was the best one he has ever ordered, again a huge portion. My daughter ordered off the childrens menu and was pleased she also had dessert come with hers. We saw some beautiful cakes and pies in the case but were to full to even think about ordering them. We would come back again for sure! It is a old building and if you looking for a perfectly decorated place this may not be for you. Bathrooms were spotless.

1  Thank boobooparker

Reviewed January 8, 2012

Stopped for a late breakfast. Big place with unusual layout and definite small town feel. Other customers were locals. Service was quick and pleasant. Good food, generous servings, reasonable prices.

1  Thank zacsmimi1
Reviewed November 19, 2011

Crispy bacon, fluffy omlets, big fried clams, it was yummy!

Reviewed October 3, 2011

yup, i'll go back. just don't be in a hurry to get your food. nh is a great place to slow down and enjoy the coffee =)

1  Thank belaine317
Reviewed September 10, 2011

After hearing good things about topic I decided to give it a try on my lunch break and what a mistake! The waitress didn't even great us, just threw some menus down in front of us and huffed out a "I'll be right back." Waited about 5 minutes to even place a drink order (mind you there was ONE other table besides us). When we finally ordered I decided on the Autumn Panini (Baked ham, cheddar cheese, honey mustard, sliced apples and sauteed onions) i also opted for soup instead of fries, my boyfriend got their philly cheese steak with onion rings. After another 15 minutes my soup arrived and YUCK! I have had better stuff out of a can, I passed it off to my boyfriend who was so hungry he ate it anyway, Our drink and empty bowl sat on the end of our table for another 10min or so. The waitress didn't come over to offer another drink or anything when she clearly had nothing to do. Finally we got our food. I took a bite and almost spit it back out. It tasted like I picked up a piece of charcoal and bit down, figuring maybe I could add some salt to kill the taste I pulled off the top piece of bread and scattered all in the cheese a mass of black, horribly burnt onions. I ate a small amount of the ham and couldn't stomach any more of it. I decided to try my boyfriend's philly cheese steak with the hope that it couldn't be that bad...and it wasn't, if you like completely bland under seasoned food. I doubt a pinch of salt or anything was added to the onion ring batter and the cheese steak was the same. Not once did our waitress come over to check with us even though it was clear we were hardly touching anything on our plates.

Over all the service, like the food was horrible. If you like burnt, unseasoned food this is the place for you! Otherwise save your money and head across the street to the coffee pot. I would never go back to Topic of the Town again.

1  Thank CrazyPanda1989