“Nice hotel, great service”

Hampton Inn Littleton
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Littleton
Oxford, United Kingdom
“Nice hotel, great service”
Reviewed August 5, 2007

This is a pretty (albeit chain) hotel with very friendly service. We showed up about an hour early and the staff--though extremely busy because they were booked out for a large group of wedding guests that also wanted to check in early--were all smiles and only made us wait for five minutes so they could double check that our room was clean. They apologized that they'd have to bring towels in later, because they were just coming out of the dryer and needed folding, but the housekeeper was at our room within ten minutes and wouldn't accept a tip for her trouble.

The room itself was very spacious and comfortable, with a modern bathroom--everything was new. We missed breakfast, so I can't speak to that, but the breakfast room was nice when I peeked in.

The only thing some might not like is that the location isn't anything to speak of (no sweeping mountain views, and it isn't nestled in the heart of historic Littleton or anything), but it was good value for money and a quick drive to town or the parks. We'd definitely stay here again.

• Liked — Comfort, cleanliness, and service
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed July 25, 2007

A wonderful two-night stay in a 2-queen bed room. The hotel is located southwest of downtown Littleton, behind an Applebees and across from sprawling strip malls, but it's just a short drive (or bike ride) to downtown Littleton and a pleasant drive to Franconia Notch SP.

The room was immaculate and spacious, the bathrooms were sparkling clean and well-equipped. Breakfast is pretty good, but a little more choice would have been nice (e.g. instead of just two hot items, maybe a few more?) But it's complementary so no complaints here!

Internet access (both wired and wireless) is also free, although it gets bogged down during evening hours.

Would definitely stay here again.

• Liked — very clean, very spacious rooms
  • Disliked — breakfast items limited at times, sometimes slow internet
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
Radnor, Pa
Reviewed July 7, 2007

When I called to make reservations the person who answered the phone was unaware if the internet special (book a room for one night and get the next night free) applied to suites even there were no restrictions listed. She said she would call me back to verify what room I would be getting upon my arrival and never called. When I checked in the extremely rude desk clerk said she didn't know anything about it and told me I could only get a regular room using the internet special. Out of curiosity I checked and found out that there were suites available when I was there. The night before check out the invoice was slipped under the door and I was still charged for the "free" night. When checking out I finally spoke to a Hampton Inn employee who actually seemed to care about customer service and she changed the bill for me and was extremely pleasant and helpful.
The hotel itself was very clean and in a good location and the complimentary breakfast was also quite good. All of the other problems I encountered would probably lead me to try another hotel on a future visit.

• Liked — clean rooms
  • Disliked — uneducated/rude staff
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
4 Thank mk1956
Beverly, Massachusetts
Reviewed June 18, 2007

I stayed at the Hampton Inn Littleton for 2 nights while visiting the Lupine Festival in Sugar Hill. I traditionally stay in Lincoln while visiting this area of NH, but chose the Hampton Inn because it is closer to Sugar Hill. I had recently heard a great review from family members who stayed at this hotel and decided to give it a try. The Hampton Inn is fairly new and in great shape. The lobby is very cozy, and the staff friendly. The room was well-appointed, with updated bedding and a lovely vanity in the bathroom. My only complaint about the room was that housekeeping seemed to do the bare minimum after my first night. Extra pillows were left where I had put them on the extra bed, bedding wasn't smoothed down, no new soap in the bathroom, etc. It seemed they didn't go the extra mile to make the room as neat as it could have been. Though I didn't use the pool, my room was right across the hall from it, and it looked inviting. Long pool hours are a bonus! Breakfast was a combination of hot and cold items, waffles, toast, sausage, cereal, bagels, etc. The hotel is right off of Rte. 93, and only a few miles from Rte. 91 in Vermont. Walmart and Shaw's are across the street, and Applebee's is literally in the parking lot. Overall, it is a great choice when visiting this area, and I would not hesitate to recommend it to other travelers.

• Stayed June 2007, traveled solo
2 Thank lirwin13
Trois-Rivieres, Canada
Reviewed May 17, 2007

great price ,great value, staff was very helpfull, it is clean well maintained and would go back. after driving by so often and we had never stopped. all the public areas are cozy and appealing. Great job.

• Liked — very neat, inviting feels like home
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled with family
Holliston, Massachusetts
Reviewed March 3, 2007

Just got back from a two night stay at the Hampton Inn in Littleton NH. I must say we were very pleased, and it is the nicest Hampton Inn we have stayed at. The lobby is beautiful when you walk in, and the woman at the desk was very pleasant and professional. We were checked in within minutes, and on our way to the room.
We entered the room and were pleasantly surprised. The two beds were comfortable and inviting. Our oldest daughter slept on the pull out couch, and she said it was comfortable. The room size was plenty for the five of us, and the bathroom was clean and had evverything we needed. My one tiny complaint was that the housekeeping was a bit lacking. Granted, the lobby is impossible to keep clean, with all the people in and out tracking snow and sand onto the rugs, etc. The room, however, had bits of paper on the floor upon check in. (Tiny pieces of candy wrapper? cellophane?) The beds were made up for us the next morning, and weren't smooth and neat. THe hotel was sold out, so maybe they hurried? Last comment on the room...tiny trash receptacles in the bathroom and bedroom....smallest I have ever seen.
The complementary breakfast was fine, hot and fresh, stocked and staffed by a very pleasant young lady.

Overall, I would not hesitate to stay here again. Directly off of Rte 93, with an Applebees in the same parking lot, and everything else you could need (fast food, walmart, restaurants, etc) right in the area.) We were just two exits north of Bretton Woods and it was the nicest place to stay we saw between the hotel and the mountain.

• Liked — Staff and location
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled with family
Massachusetts
Reviewed December 17, 2006

The Hampton Inn in Littleton NH is a great hotel. I stayed in the Jacuzzi suite and it was large! One room had a small bar/microwave area with a sink and a kitchen table. On the other side of the room was a couch, two chairs with tables and a TV. The bathroom was very clean and had nice toiletries available. In the bedroom(which was separated by French doors from the living area) there was another television and a jacuzzi tub in the corner of the room. The hotel itself was new and everything was still in great working order.

The pool area was small and I really didnt spend much time there but it looked nice.

In the morning Hampton Inn serves a nice continental breakfast for something quick to grab. There is also a Chinese restaurant that is across the street that was very good.

The center of town is very quaint and they have the world's largest candy counter which is 111 feet!! If you love sweets this is sure not to miss.

The White Mountain National Forest is not too far away and there are plenty of beautiful areas around the hotel and lots to see.

On Sundays in the fall season they also have a great farmers market which is near the grist mill.

I hope you will enjoy your stay at this hotel as much as I did! Enjoy!

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed September 2005, traveled as a couple
1 Thank BlushPell
Also consider these accommodations in or near Littleton
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Lincoln East - White Mountains
Comfort Inn & Suites Near Burke Mountain
Arlington Hotel
Arlington Hotel
#1 of 1 in Bethlehem

Been to Hampton Inn Littleton? Share your experiences!