“Excellent European-style beer”
Review of Schilling Beer Co.

Schilling Beer Co.
Ranked #1 of 43 Restaurants in Littleton
Cuisines: Pizza, Brew Pub
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Schilling Beer Co. Is a progressive European-inspired small-batch brewery. We exclusively brew beers that we are personally passionate about--beers that tell a story about our history, friendship and values. We believe that craft beer is best enjoyed in community and within a specific sense of place. Our Cicerone-educated staff and unique location-on the banks of the Ammonoosuc River in a carefully renovated three-story 1797 gristmill-provide an optimal environment to do just that. We offer rustic Neopolitan-style pizzas cooked in a wood-fired oven, local meats and cheeses and other plates designed to pair with our beers. Our food is rustic, simple and fresh, emphasizing local sources whenever possible. Outdoor beer garden and riverfront deck seating are available, weather permitting.
Reviewed May 26, 2014

Schilling is carving out a place in the explosion of American craft brewers by offering a variety of well-executed European-inspired brews. When everyone else is offering Yet Another West Coast DIPA, Schilling's late May special brew was a dark session lager which was both innovative and delicious. I tried that as well as their high-gravity sampler, and enjoyed every sip. I only wished I could have stayed longer and had one or two more....

With a serious beer list showcasing a variety of flavors and strengths, it's clear that any beer lover will feel at home at Schilling. But there's good food too; wood-fired pizza and calzones being the clear star of the show, but a variety of salads and other simple dishes available as well.

Schilling has a great location, a crew that cares about beer and wants to bring something new to the scene, and a simple food menu which will bring people back. I hope to make it back in a few months and see where they take it.

3  Thank NewEnglandDave

Reviewed May 13, 2014

We live in the area and are always open to trying new restaurants. We went with friends on a recent Friday night, busy but not overflowing. We had to sit at the bar for a short while to wait for a table which was great, a chance to see what was being poured and talk to a friendly bartender/brewer. I would suggest starting with a sampler of three different kinds of beer. I will not try to pick a favorite, the ones we had were all good. We were seated at a large roomy booth that would probably seat eight which was alright with us, our waitress, Lilian, was very knowledgeable and friendly, she has taken classes on beer and brewing. We started out with the pretzel and two different sauces, beer sauce & cheese sauce , inexpensive but just like cooked pizza dough, a filler I would call it ,also a hummus plate with bread chips, very good. We had three different meals, one was a veggie pizza , personal size plenty for one, .......ok to good. Two was a Stromboli , very good and plentiful. Three was the calzones, EXCELLENT! For dessert we had the flour-less chocolate mousse cake paired with the Grotius beer, a sweet dark beer..a home run! (Think of a good Port and chocolate ) All in all I think some of their beers are pricey but they are good and you are not going to drink a lot of them, the food prices are fair and the portions are good.
We will be back and welcome to the "High Country"

Reviewed May 4, 2014

We were visiting the area for the weekend and were looking for a casual dinner on Saturday night. There were just 2 of us so we decided this would be the place. We arrived around 6, were seated promptly upstairs. Very clean, comfortable and charming. Our server (a gal, can't remember her name) offered me some suggestions for a beverage based on my preferences. Great job (I asked, it was not unsolicited ). We then orders. The pretzel with beer cheese. Very good. Clearly homemade. I got the vege pizza (not in the menu but happy to make it) with red roasted peppers, caramelized onions, spinach, and mushrooms with a garlic olive oil sauce. Terrific! Light and crisp! My hubby got the buffalo chicken pizza, the special, and was delighted. I asked after about a few other menu items (specifically the gluten free pizza and how it's prepared) and she was very knowledgeable. Will be back on our next trip up north!

3  Thank MomofGFgirl
Reviewed April 22, 2014

Beers were all great (Dusseldorf-style Altbier, Pater Singal, Grotius Dubbel), served in appropriate glassware, and amounts proportional to ABV.
Food ordered was all really good (bratwurst plate, and from the brick-oven a Prosciotto, pear, onion pizza, and a Margherita calzone)
Two of the proprietors were wandering around, having their own dinner; a good sign!
It looks like they're building a deck to provide river views, should be done for summer 2014. There's a 21+ room upstairs, maybe for events?

1  Thank Jkeyd
Reviewed April 5, 2014

Spring skiing in NH is going to be much more memorable now that we found this restaurant. Good solid, well crafted beer. Good flatbread pizza. Hubby got adventurous and ordered the pretzel bratwurst with sauerkraut, he was very impressed. Loved the Gunter's salad. We like the serving size, just perfect without too much food. Love the restored mill and good staff. We will be back.

1  Thank coboston