“Outstanding!”
Review of The French Sisters

The French Sisters
Ranked #2 of 4 Dessert in Littleton
Reviewed June 2, 2014 via mobile

Stopped in for lunch and was not disappointed. Had soup and a grilled cheese and ham sandwich with a side of macaroni salad. Delicious!

Reviewed May 8, 2014

Since I couldn't find this restaurant maybe I've got the name wrong, but it was quite tasty. Generous sandwiches, tasty soup, way luscious baked goods, took some for the long road home to CT. The pies looked killer but not good for traveling. It seemed to be a local hang out so now others passing thru will know to stop in as well.

2  Thank Marlene S
Reviewed April 16, 2014

I've stopped in three separate times and, unfortunately, all my experiences have been the same. I explained I was new to the area and was responded to almost with disdain. The owner seemed put-off that I'd never heard of them and didn't know what they offered. They were frustrated when I asked what they suggested, and overall, the food was just ok. I came back a couple other times hoping it was a fluke, but I'm really not willing to support a local business with such poor attitudes and bad customer service.

5  Thank Foxigami
Reviewed April 7, 2014

I was passing through Littleton and a colleague had mentioned this venue for lunch.
I can eat only very limited dairy (allergies) and am on a low salt diet so when I saw that they had a lentil burger on the menu I thought, wow, this is great. Healthy food is available! Something I can eat! As a business traveler, I depend on things like lentil burgers- healthy and uncomplicated usually made just with grains and vegetables and never over salted.
Well, not only did it take a long time to be served, when my burger came, it was covered in a remarkable amount of cheese. Now, who puts something on a menu, a lentil burger no less, and does not say it will be cheese covered? When it was set before me I just cringed and asked that very question and the counter person, rather than being helpful, just was rude and said, "Of course, its always covered with cheese." It was all my fault, of course. No offer was made to take it back or make something else.
After I managed to scrape the cheese off, I found that it was more than just a lentil burger, it was also full of olives which have an extremely high salt content. In the thousands of lentil burgers I have eaten over the years, none were loaded with olives so it never occurred to me to ask. So the combination of olives and cheese made something anyone would think as health food into a dietary train wreck. So I started picking them out, much to the disgust of my friend who just said I should have sent it back but I did not want to wait all over again and the counter person was just so unfriendly. Well, I doubt I will ever be back, but if I am, will not make any assumptions on healthy or not healthy. Yes, it was all my fault for assuming.
Service was slow, and as noted, not entirely gracious.
Seating is limited. Coffee was ok.
My intention in this review is not to disparage a small business. I am merely reporting on my experience there. This is a clarifying edit of a prior review which apparently was not clear.

2  Thank CSSnowshoer
Reviewed December 26, 2013

We've had lunch at the bakery several times in recent months. The menu includes several soups (each I've tried was delicious), sandwiches and specials of the day. My husband really enjoys the sweet potato chili with sausage. The catfish sandwich special was excellent. Prices are extremely reasonable. Half sandwich, cup of soup and side of pasta salad for about seven dollars. The bakery treats are varied -- cookies, cookie bars, gluten-free items, cakes by the slice or entire cake.