“Great barbeque, excellent prices”
Review of Screamin Boar - CLOSED

Screamin Boar
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 3, 2014

This place is the bomb! We had a bunch of different appetizers and entrees. Aside from the usual barbeque fare - they have a smoked meatloaf that kills it. Friendly, not fancy. Will return, no doubt!

1  Thank BusyMomNYC
There are newer reviews for Screamin Boar

Reviewed September 2, 2014

dishes served hot and plentifull. staff is on point and accurate with time in between meals. servers waitresses are fast and extremly friendly.ood was to die for

1  Thank Sherry O
Reviewed September 1, 2014

I lived in Texas for a number of years and never missed an opportunity to eat BBQ. Texans pride themselves on their BBQ, so I consider myself something of an expert when it comes to recognizing great BBQ. My husband and I went for a late lunch, craving and hoping for great BBQ but with doubts despite overall good TripAdvisor reviews (New Hampshire not being a BBQ mecca). The restaurant looked promising, a smoker going full "boar" (heh, heh) just outside, wooden round tables with red-checked tableclothes, BBQ sauce on the table. My husband ordered a rack of ribs, I ordered the brisket plate. It was quite a long wait, but the gentleman in the kitchen was the only person in evidence and he was cook, wait staff, cashier and busboy, so we understood the reasons. Eventually our orders arrived. Just looking at my brisket turned my stomach....the fat had not been rendered and was, in my opinion, inedible. My husband, who is much more fat tolerant, could only eat a slice, also disliking the excessive fat. The brisket obviously had not been cooked "low and slow", which is the biggest mistake beginners make with BBQ, not acceptable in a restaurant. The seasoning was very scant, if anything was actually put on it before cooking. There was a nice light smoke flavor, which was the only positive aspect of their brisket. My husband's ribs were better, although they, too, were under cooked and not only did they not fall off the bone, it took a lot of chewing to get the meat off the bone. We took the majority of the ribs home, where I put them in a crockpot with a touch of BBQ sauce and after cooking 3-4 more hours they were falling of the bone and super juicy as the undercooked fat had been rendered.

On our way out of the restaurant I noticed a small sign stating the business and property were for sale, so perhaps the owners have lost interest in pursuing a career as BBQ-ers and are not putting Iin the effort great BBQ takes.

Reviewed August 20, 2014

If you want great ribs this is the place! Good food, good price, friendly service and nice atmosphere. I will definitely be back.

1  Thank DonP08861
Reviewed August 19, 2014 via mobile

All I can say is, where was this place when I was growing up. I love BBQ and this place does it justice. It's not as good as some of our regular places down south, but I'm not complaining! If it's still around the next time we are in the area, I'll be licking BBQ sauce from my fingers for sure!