“Excellet Food and Service”
Review of Screamin Boar - CLOSED

Screamin Boar
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 26, 2013

My husband and I were visiting family in the area and stopped in for dinner one night. The owners were very friendly and chatted with us while our dinner was being made. I ordered the pulled pork sandwich and my husband ordered the smoked meatloaf with sides. My sandwich was delicious and I liked that the BBQ sauce was served on the side. I hate when I order a meal or a salad and it's either drowning in sauce/dressing or doesn't have enough. We both had plenty of leftovers to bring home. My husband raved about the cornbread that he had with his meal, and said he would go back again just for that!

4  Thank Mrs-Milo A

Reviewed January 15, 2013

I've eaten here several times and have even taken food out to serve at a party. Coming from the south, I've eaten my share of barbecue and this place is up there with the best. Whether it's ribs or pulled brisket, chicken or pork, the taste is great. The sides are delicious too, and don't overlook the cornbread, it's scrumptious. The atmosphere is relaxed and the staff are friendly and welcoming. If you like barbecue, you'll enjoy the "Screaming Boar".

Reviewed January 15, 2013

This restaurant was suggested by our front desk staff at the hotel and we were not disappointed. The Pulled pork, pulled chicken was fantastic. The corn bread was excellent. Brisket was a little dry but their sauces made up for it. their baked smoked beans were superb.

Reviewed November 4, 2012

The weekend, slow cooked barbecue prime rib special was moist and tender with excellent flavor. Don't expect medium rare when it is slow cooked for 20 hours. The smoke chicken salad was served with crisp greens and tender spicy pulled breast of chicken. But the star of our gotta-go-back, second visit was the beef brisket that was fork tender, so no need for a knife. All portions are generous. A must stop if you like barbecue. We live in Kentucky and travel the South, so we know barbecue.

Reviewed November 2, 2012

A Must have Meal and experience. From the moment that you open the door to get in you will see how the owners that work the restaurant from the kitchen care about attention to detail. I have found 4 different places to dine in the this restaurant. 1) a family style picnic round table set up upstairs. 2) a more private table and chairs arrangement in several smaller rooms on lower level. 3) a classy full service bar with flat screens to watch the game without the normal lets get drunk and rowdy bar crowd.4) a outside weather permitting patio with picnic tables and umbrellas which on summer and fall nights make a great time with friends, This place is growing and continually adding to the menu, which for someone that goes regularly makes it a treat to see. The menu has a wide selection with styles and temperatures for everyone, the staff walks thru the menu for new to barbeque patrons. We have not tried every item yet, but on mission to, The meat seems to be fresh every time, smoked well without being overdone, always serves with your choice of sauce and sides of bbq baked beans to cornbread to coleslaw to what ever the new special is. Every time we've gone it is always fresh and tastes like home cooking. The bbq meatloaf is a great twist on meatloaf and makes you crave more. The pulled port and chicken are always moist and tender. The portions are more then fair and leave you satisfied.

I would highly recommend this as a place to dine.