“Would drive several hours to go again!”
Review of Tim-Bir Alley

Tim-Bir Alley
Ranked #4 of 43 Restaurants in Littleton
Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed September 17, 2009

This is a quaint little restaurant, with a wonderful ambience, romantic and peaceful. There are only about 10 tables. We sat by the window in our own little alcove. It is owned and run by a husband and wife team. The husband is the chef, the wife is the hostess/waitress. Service was impeccable. Every detail is thought of. We started with a basket of breads and muffins, baked fresh and wholesome. Yummy! We continued on to salads of field greens with delectable dressings. My partner had the salmon, which was grilled and draped with spinach and tomatoes. The salmon was PERFECT. It flaked apart with just a gentle touch of the fork. It was as tender and fresh as could be. I had the medallions of tenderloin beef - also cooked to perfection - medium, as I ordred it. The tenderloin was accompanied by a reduction sauce with mushrooms and served over mashed potatoes, with just a slight hint of garlic. As perfect as the entrees were, it was even more exciting and mouth-watering to experience the array of sides! There was a little fillo pastry with a cheese-based filling. (We never got to ask exactly what it was made of. We were too busy oohing and ahhhhing!). Also on the plate were roasted golden beets - sweet and tender, a pate made of asiago cheese and beet greens (WOW! Hold on to your tastebuds!), pureed eggplant with a semi-sweet base to it (again too busy enjoying to ask!), roasted snow peas, fresh carrots and broccoli with a sweetened ginger sauce on it. All together, six little sides, each with its own unique taste and texture. It was an explosion of flavors and variety. We shared two desserts: a chocolate cake that was more like really thick mouse, the density of cheesecake - a chocolate lovers dream come true! It was garnished with a candied caramel decoration, and drizzled with raspberry and chocolate sauces. My partner had a caramel cheesecake that was garnished similarly, only with caramel intead of raspberry. To be honest, we were so immersed in how amazing every bite was that it's hard to remember every detail of what we ate. A month after eating here, we still rave about it. We live 3 1/2 hours away, and have talked about planning an overnight trip to New Hampshire just to go to this reataurant! We reccommended it to another couple staying at the same place we were. The next night they went, and came back raving about it, too. I cannot think of a single thing that was less than perfect - from the service to the ambience to the very last bite! HIGHLY HIGHLY Recommend!

1  Thank MadCrazyNomad

Reviewed July 8, 2009

Tim and Biruda Carr's restaurant is excellent in every way: atmosphere, service and most especially the food. The menu changes weekly and uses regional ingredients. Tim has a gift for blending flavors that result in unusual and absolutely delicious meals. His appetizers and deserts are particularly good. The restaurant is intimate and casual-elegant; local art is usually on display. Be sure to bring a check or cash; they don't accept credit cards.

Reviewed February 26, 2009

Moved to main street Littleton opposite the movie theatre. Fantastic food and setting. Superb subtle service. Lots of flavors on the plate. Everything home made by a chef with an attention to detail that you won’t find anywhere else in the White Mountains. Big City sophistication but still casual.

Reviewed August 19, 2008

My wife and I spent a few nights in the Littleton area and ate at a few nice restuarants, and this was by far the most enjoyable. The dining room is small and intimate with exposed brick walls (a few bricks had been removed and small candles put in the recesses, nice touch). The menu changes weekly, and our menu was fantastic. The chicken and pesto ravioli came out fast and hot and were beautifully presented. The salads are simple but delicious, and they were complimentary. My wife had sunflower seed encrusted catfish and I had medium-rare duck breast on blue corn polenta. Both were excellent, and came with a dazzling (and puzzling) array of sides: the scalloped potatoes and sauteed green beans were perfect, but the mediterranean eggplant puree was out of place and the buttermilk pancake with cream cheese was simply baffling. Everything tasted excellent, though, so I'm willing to forgive some misguided experimentation. Especially since our dessert was one of the best i've ever had, a "pate" of chocolate and hazelnut with chocolate whipped cream enough for two or more people. As if that wasn't enough, they brought out two complimentary chocolate truffles with the check. Speaking of the check, this meal cost us, not counting wine, around $60. Do not be fooled by the low prices, this is a restaurant for serious foodies.

3  Thank James221
Reviewed July 24, 2008

The food was exquisitely prepared with many subtle hints of flavors. Every bite was an experience. Excellent service, warm atmosphere, delicious appetizers, phenomenal meal. Tim Bir Alley has an intimate casual dining room, I would strongly recommend reservations, however the night I was there, it was early and they were able to seat us. After dining there I will be sure and make reservations in the future because it did fill up. I am up north often and that is the only place I will dine now when there. It is truly the region's best dining experience. Oh bring cash, they do not take credit cards, I did not realize that until the end of the meal and we were running across the street to the atm.

1  Thank JudeNorton_MA