“We've Been Fans for 20 Years”
Review of Tim-Bir Alley

Tim-Bir Alley
Ranked #5 of 41 Restaurants in Littleton
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Boston
“We've Been Fans for 20 Years”
Reviewed July 8, 2009

Tim and Biruda Carr's restaurant is excellent in every way: atmosphere, service and most especially the food. The menu changes weekly and uses regional ingredients. Tim has a gift for blending flavors that result in unusual and absolutely delicious meals. His appetizers and deserts are particularly good. The restaurant is intimate and casual-elegant; local art is usually on display. Be sure to bring a check or cash; they don't accept credit cards.

lincoln nh
“Superb Food in a region of very poor Food!”
Reviewed February 26, 2009

Moved to main street Littleton opposite the movie theatre. Fantastic food and setting. Superb subtle service. Lots of flavors on the plate. Everything home made by a chef with an attention to detail that you won’t find anywhere else in the White Mountains. Big City sophistication but still casual.

Hartford, CT
“Best restaurant in Littleton”
Reviewed August 19, 2008

My wife and I spent a few nights in the Littleton area and ate at a few nice restuarants, and this was by far the most enjoyable. The dining room is small and intimate with exposed brick walls (a few bricks had been removed and small candles put in the recesses, nice touch). The menu changes weekly, and our menu was fantastic. The chicken and pesto ravioli came out fast and hot and were beautifully presented. The salads are simple but delicious, and they were complimentary. My wife had sunflower seed encrusted catfish and I had medium-rare duck breast on blue corn polenta. Both were excellent, and came with a dazzling (and puzzling) array of sides: the scalloped potatoes and sauteed green beans were perfect, but the mediterranean eggplant puree was out of place and the buttermilk pancake with cream cheese was simply baffling. Everything tasted excellent, though, so I'm willing to forgive some misguided experimentation. Especially since our dessert was one of the best i've ever had, a "pate" of chocolate and hazelnut with chocolate whipped cream enough for two or more people. As if that wasn't enough, they brought out two complimentary chocolate truffles with the check. Speaking of the check, this meal cost us, not counting wine, around $60. Do not be fooled by the low prices, this is a restaurant for serious foodies.

3 Thank James221
Norton,MA
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best dining experience in the region”
Reviewed July 24, 2008

The food was exquisitely prepared with many subtle hints of flavors. Every bite was an experience. Excellent service, warm atmosphere, delicious appetizers, phenomenal meal. Tim Bir Alley has an intimate casual dining room, I would strongly recommend reservations, however the night I was there, it was early and they were able to seat us. After dining there I will be sure and make reservations in the future because it did fill up. I am up north often and that is the only place I will dine now when there. It is truly the region's best dining experience. Oh bring cash, they do not take credit cards, I did not realize that until the end of the meal and we were running across the street to the atm.

1 Thank JudeNorton_MA
Richmond, Virginia
“Great eccletic menu, check out the Big Moose!!”
Reviewed January 4, 2008

We dined at Tim-Bir Alley out first night in the White Mountains. The interior is really nice, brick walls, wood floor, interesting art work, especially the big moose painting!

My boyfriend and I shared a spicy chicken ravioli which was my favorite dish of the meal. Salads followed that, and I had salmon, while my boyfriend had the duck. Both were really tasty, you didn't feel ripped off on the portion sizes. My stomach was not cooperating with me (not due to the food) so we skipped dessert.

There was only one woman serving at the time we went. It wasn't crowded but service was a bit slow.

Overall the food was good, atmoshere cozy, service ok, price-expensive for the area.