“Get the beef”

Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed January 2, 2012

Loved the beef tournedos and the corn soup. The owners are very accommodating. Restaurant is a nice, romantic spot.

Reviewed January 1, 2012

The name of the restaurant mirrors the names of the two owners that have worked at that location for 20 years. As we got to know our waitress, Bir, we learned the history of this unique and cozy place.

The restaurant's food was absolutely great! It was a welcoming atmosphere with only a handful of tables. The complimentary bread we had on our table was better than any bread I've had in a long time. Also, the unexpected salad was great. When our food was delivered, we were all surprised by the presentation of the food. It was a masterpiece. We felt almost guilty for eating our own meal. Yet, once we dove in we were met with great flavors and gracious sides.

If you are in the area, I would highly recommend this bistro style meal!

Reviewed October 15, 2011

From beginning to end, the dining experience at Tim-Bir Alley was DELICIOUS and we had a MOST ENJOYABLE EVENING. It was very difficult choosing our selections from the menu. EVERYTHING SOUNDED SO GOOD!! As an appetizer, we both had the sauteed sea scallops on green chile pancakes with avacado vinaigrette and lime creme fraiche (loved it). For our entrees, I chose the tuna with pear-ginger barbecue sauce and spiced pecans (the best I have ever had) and my husband chose the tournedos of beef on grilled gorgonzola polenta with smoked bacon, grilled leeks and zinfandel-thyme sauce (he said the beef melted in your mouth and the flavours were amazing). We managed to somehow find room for dessert. I had the rum glazed coconut cake with rum caramel sauce (oh my goodness, fantastic). My husband had the chocolate-hazelnut pate with strawberry puree and whipped chocolate cream (decadent!!). We both enjoyed a glass of white wine recommended by our waitress and it did not disappoint. I asked if I could have a menu to take home and show my friends and I also knew that I would have to use it as a reference to write this review. We have used this website for our other trips. We are also not foodies but we know good food and this was GOOD FOOD!! I'd highly recommend Tim-Bir Alley and I am confidant that your dining experience will have you raving to your friends as we did to ours.

4  Thank Brian Y
Reviewed October 15, 2011

Tim-Bir Alley was recommended by our B & B hosts and it was simply delightful. The atmosphere is lovely and every aspect of our meal was more than pleasing. The selection of sides was enjoyable and delicious - prepared and presented with care. We had salad, entree and desert and each were perfect. The closing touch of a hand made truffle just ended the meal delightfully! We'll be sure to return on our next visit to the area.

1  Thank Leslie B
Reviewed October 7, 2011

This is the only place I have ever had an entree with about 8 different kinds of vegetables. It looked like a piece of art when placed before you and every single item on the plate was truly delicious. It had a pureed spinach that I didn't touch until I knew what it was and loved it. Then it had two kinds of beets, brussel sprouts, au gratin potatoes, a whole steamed carrot, snow peas, then the entree, mine was salmon and my husbands was shrimp. It was all done to perfection. You better have reservations because even tho many tables were empty when we went they were reserved and many people walked in and were not given a table without reservations. Their chocolate dessert was rich and creamy and very good....oh, did I mention that it was all gluten free! An unbelievable dinner. They only take cash! or check! no credit.