“Down to Earth Hard Working Owners with Clean, Cozy, and Comfortable Rooms.”
Review of Maple Leaf Motel

Maple Leaf Motel
Ranked #2 of 4 Littleton B&B and Inns
Littleton, New Hampshire
“Down to Earth Hard Working Owners with Clean, Cozy, and Comfortable Rooms.”
Reviewed November 17, 2010

It's not too often that you can find a Motel that is so accommodating, so clean, and has the softest sheets and pillows ever.... and the towels, I want to know where they buy them! It was just what I needed after a long day of traveling and the price was more than reasonable. It didn't bother me a bit that I had to ring a door bell. I thought it was rather quaint. I so appreciated the extra touch of coffee or tea in the morning in their entrance way. For the price of the stay, I was not expecting to get a hot meal for free or de-caf coffee on demand, just a few extra touches and the comfort of a good nights sleep work for me. Good, honest, helpful people who offer you a safe haven when you're far away from home.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Austin
Reviewed October 12, 2010

The motel is well priced most of the time and gets filled pretty fast due to few rooms. We had a comfortable 2 night stay. The hotel is well managed and clean. The only thing we found uncomforatable was that the lobby area was always closed from inside and we had to ring the bell to call the owners everytime to use the microwave. Go ahead and book it if you want a low priced motel. No worries.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
Fredericton, Canada
Reviewed August 26, 2010

This motel was ok and the staff friendly and helful .The room was spacious with a queen and a sofa bed. We paid the extra $10 for the kitchenette which was convenient for us. There is an outdoor pool which we didn't take advantage off as we had a long travelling day. The bed was very comfortable. It is an older motel with updates and if I were to stay in Littleton again I would consider this place.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Providence, RI
Reviewed January 10, 2010

We stayed here for one night prior to a day of skiing at Cannon. The motel is located 15 min from the mountain and the price was so low we couldn't pass it up. It's a small family-owned motel, and it showed as we were greeted at the desk by what I assume is the son of the owners. Check-in was quick and easy and we made our way to our room. The room was a decent size with a small table, 2 sitting chair, a little desk with it's own chair, a TV, and a mini fridge, which was unplugged, though that wasn't a problem, it cooled down fast. The room was very clean and the towels in the bathroom were plusher than I would have expected for a place at this price level (in fact, I've had worse towels at more expensive chain hotels).

The only issue in the room was the bed. It was hard as a rock. It literally felt like we were sleeping on a piece of plywood with spring underneath. The pillows were all very flat, making the sleeping experience a bit rough. In fact, I was awake on and off throughout the night because of the bed and pillows.

So, if you're looking for a cheap place for a night and don't really mind a hard bed, this is a great place. If you need a softer bed, you're probably better off looking elsewhere. I would stay here again if it was just for a night prior to a day of skiing because it was so cheap, but I wouldn't make a trip out of this place.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
portimao
Reviewed October 14, 2009

I stayed at this motel for 3 nights and felt at ease. The Innkeepers were welcoming and helpful. My room was pleasantly furnished, the bed and pillows were comfortable. My room had a TV and 'fridge. Microwave, coffee, hot water etc were available within the lobby. I was able to park my car right outside my room.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled solo
Netherlands
Reviewed September 29, 2009

The motel staff is friendly, the room is big enough and has a small reading table, one queen bed, a computer table and a small fridge. The bathroom is quite nice, just the shower is a little cheap and a little too soft. When we arrived, the room smelled a little old, there were some hairs in our bed, which however was freshly washed. The door of the bathroom was a little brown. Besides that it is okay. Specially for the money you are paying in high season / fall. It is not the newest motel, but it is fine for a couple of days.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Littleton
Eastgate Inn
#4 of 5 in Littleton
Exit 41 Travel Inn
Exit 41 Travel Inn
#1 of 4 in Littleton

Been to Maple Leaf Motel? Share your experiences!