“WOW - Super meal!”

Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed October 11, 2010

Five of us went to Chang Thai on a week night. We all thoroughly enjoyed our meals. The soup and spring rolls were wonderful. Presentation is very nice, food is very fresh and tasty and the prices are very good. The atmosphere was relaxed and the service was welcoming and efficient. We really could not have asked for more. Definitely be back next year on our annual visit.

1  Thank 155004Anne
There are newer reviews for Chang Thai Cafe

Reviewed October 7, 2010

Excellent Thai Food in NH- what a pleasant surprise!
We loved the peanut sauce on the fresh salad. The basil sause on the soft shell crab was wonderful and their rendition of pad see ew was very satisfying. Living on the West Coast, we were skeptical about eating Asian in NH ( past experiences have not been good) but Chang Thai was great.

1  Thank muriel24
Reviewed July 30, 2010

during our 5 day stay, we actually ate here 3 times. (one dinner, one lunch, and one spontaneous take-out-appetizer picnic!) To be fair, i've never eaten Thai food before (ever) so i was not sure what to pick. I went to the menu part of the website a few hours before dinner (http://www.changthaicafe.com/cuisine.html) and found a few items. The actual menu in the restaurant has more choices than listed on the website, i think. (they do have a liquor licence and serve alcohol, much to the delight of my F.I.L.)
Everything we had in our party of 4 was very delicious. They made us a reservation (we probably wouldn't have needed one, but wanted to be sure since we had a baby with us and couldn't wait) and the service was very good. I'm terribly picky and wanted to hold this, and substitute that, and these requests seemed like no big deal-- they were glad to accomodate and the food came out as requested. I chose the milder drunken noodles for dinner and husband choose the green or red (???) curry. it was very spicy, but that is what he was seeking, and as he was sweating and chowing down, he kept saying how good it was (this would not be the lunch for me, apparently. He does like spicy indian food, so this fit the bill).
The lunch special is a very good deal and two of us even had leftovers to take home-- for $6.99 you get your choice of entree (from the back page of the menu, there are 10-15 choices) and its served with soup or salad. The sever never let our water glasses get empty (that goes a long way with us) and they were very accomodating of our little baby. The atmosphere was modern yet cozy. I liked the pillow lined bench and lime green walls.
We got an appetizer both times and though on the smaller size, the "golden bags" (funny name) are thesel 6 little fried knapsacks of chicken and herbs served with a super great clear dipping sauce. they were so so good that the next day, walking around in town, we stopped into the restaurant, got one order of them to go, and ate them on a bench by the covered bridge. a thai picnic! The appetizer sampler ($9 i think) includes these and is a better choice if there are more than 2 of you.
look at the menu and decide, but it was a winner for us!

1  Thank llarmand
Reviewed July 11, 2010

May be there is difference between food, which get when seating in restaurant and food, which you get in take-out. Based on previous review, I was expected something very special, but it was not the case. Nice, good quality take -out, but nothing special.

Reviewed June 17, 2010

We went to Littleton for dinner because the restaurant in the town where we were staying was too crowded and there were no other choices. AFter walking up and down the main street we came to Chang Thai. There were about five reviews from Tripadvisor in the window and they all had 5 stars. That was enough to get us to try the food. We were not disappointed. We like Thai food and always enjoy finding a good Thai restaurant. I had a shrip stir fry and my husband had tenderloin medallions. We both enjoyed our meals very much. The only criticism I can think of was that my husband's dinner didn't seem to fill him up -- even though he had a chicken satay as an appetizer. All in all, the food was well prepared, the service was good, the place was nicely decorated and clean. If this restaurant was near my home I would certainly return. If I get back to Littleton on vacation someday I hope they are still there!

1  Thank Carol