“Secluded Romantic Dinner”

Bailiwicks on Main
Ranked #6 of 41 Restaurants in Littleton
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Steakhouse, Contemporary
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Bar scene, Romantic
Description: Upscale, but approachable. Focusing on fresh, sustainable seafood, Certified Angus beef, and local produce. Large outside seating area, pub, and dining room. Off site catering available
Boston, Massachusetts
“Secluded Romantic Dinner”
Reviewed December 26, 2013

I went here with my boyfriend as part of our romantic ski/snowboard trip last year (March 2013). We were staying at the Hampton Inn in Littleton, and after reading the TA reviews decided to come here. We were not disappointed! The place is one of a kind and has such a romantic, cozy, and "secluded" atmosphere.

The food was excellent! The menu also points out which wines go best with which meals. We ordered what was recommended and we were so pleased! My boyfriend ordered the chicken Alfredo dish and I ordered the Bayou Chicken Pasta. In the end I was envious of my boyfriend's dish even though both were delicious. Our waiter was super friendly (maybe a little to friendly at some points but still excellent service)! It was a pretty expensive dinner, but we went expecting that, and honestly this place makes dinner feel special again! If you're in the area only for a little bit and rarely go out for fine dining, I say you spoil yourself and enjoy one of the best dinners you'll have!

• Visited March 2013

Massachusetts
“Some Inventive Dishes”
Reviewed December 10, 2013

We love finding restaurants that have unique menu items available, and this was certainly one of those. The "When Pigs Fly" appetizer was yummy -- petite bone-in pork shanks, crispy fried tossed in Asian BBQ sauce. We shared a half dozen and it was plenty! The Green is Good was also interesting, although it was with crab meat and called Swimming Red Crab I think. Those two apps would nearly be enough for a meal. The menu on their website is not a current menu, and I hope they would update it soon. My husbands rib-eye steak was delish, and cooked perfectly as ordered. Wine list is very good.

• Visited December 2013
Ocala, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Nice and quiet”
Reviewed December 8, 2013

Just moved to the area and tried this place for both lunch and drinks. Small but nice - would definitely go back

• Visited December 2013
Portland, Maine
“OK food, long wait.”
Reviewed November 12, 2013

We had a 7pm reservation, ordered around 7:15 and didn't get our food until well after 8.

The couple seated next to us ordered and got their drinks at the same time as us, but they were finished with desert before our entrées came out. Were not offered anything off of the bill or a free drink/app while we waited, despite admitting that the kitchen had lost the ticket after we waited 45 minutes.

I had the filet, and the steak itself was good. There wasn't much of a crust on it, but the flavor was good and it was a nice medium-rare. The risotto however was not good at all; the texture was a bit off, the onions in the risotto were crunchy and raw and overpowered the other flavors. I would imagine that they were rushing to get the meal out after losing the ticket, but its the only time we have eaten here so I am not sure if its usually better.

My wife had the ravioli special, and she thought the sauce/filling was good but that the pasta itself was undercooked and not a pleasing texture.

We ordered the Chocolate Torte desert and that was fantastic. 4-4.5*'s for the desert alone.

It was a bit loud and tight, but overall we liked the atmosphere in the restaurant. Being a "fine dining" establishment that is fairly pricy for the area, we would have expected for a manager to at least stop by the table after waiting an hour for a steak and ravioli.

• Visited November 2013
2 Thank brs1804
Dennis, Massachusetts
“Not quite what the menu suggests”
Reviewed October 27, 2013

The menu would give you the impression that the chef knew about gourmet food. I tried Putenesca, figuring that since it is a very simple sauce it should be fine. Surprize, it didn't come close. It had vegetables, little if any garlic, no hint of anchovies, no olives. You guessed it, I didn't enjoy it. The host was lacking in friendliness and tried to put us at the worst table first even though we had reservations. The tables are too close together but the waitstaff was fine. Since there aren't many restaurants in town, it accounts for why it's crowded.

• Visited October 2013