“Neighborhood gem loved by the locals”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Bailiwicks on Main

Bailiwicks on Main
Ranked #7 of 40 Restaurants in Littleton
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Upscale, but approachable. Focusing on fresh, sustainable seafood, Certified Angus beef, and local produce. Large outside seating area, pub, and dining room. Off site catering available
Providence, Rhode Island
“Neighborhood gem loved by the locals”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2012

A cozy restaurant with great service and a menu to please everyone in your party !

Visited January 2012

NH
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Gotta love a good hotel bar”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2012

Did not expect to find one of the best martini menus in this gem, within Thayer's Hotel. Very friendly staff even on New Year's Eve when things can get hectic.Loved the mix of folks here, from 21 to 60+, from flannel to pinstripe shirts.

Visited January 2012
Portsmouth, New Hampshire
“Very nice place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2011

Had a very good dinner with family and friend there, The food was very good and the service was first class. Our server, Kerry, was excellent. We would go back!

• Visited December 2011
Boston, MA
“Wonderful celebration dinner with my husband...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2011

My husband surprised me with dinner on Friday night and took me to Bailiwicks! Our reservations were for 7pm and we sat down right away. Leisel was our server for the evening and she was fantastic and super friendly. I ordered the Filet Mignon with mushroom risotto and fried onion strings. It also had a delicious red wine mustard sauce too. The filet was cooked a perfect medium rare and the risotto was perfectly prepared! My husband also got filet mignon but his was the special for the evening and came with a lobster cream sauce. He raved about it. Our meal was perfect...we even saved room the a delicious cheesecake!

We were having such a great time that we decided to go to the bar area after dinner for a few cocktails. The have an extensive wine and martini list...something for everyone! Pauline is the bartender there and she is AWESOME! She makes amazing drinks and is so nice. We ended up staying until closing since we were having such a great time.

My husband and I just moved to the area and we will definitely make Bailiwick's one of our regular spots! Food, service, and atmosphere are top notch!

• Visited November 2011
yecats46, Owner at Bailiwicks on Main, responded to this review, November 19, 2011
We're thrilled to have been a part of your celebration, and to now be a part of your lives from here on out! Welcome to Littleton, and remember... Bailiwicks is "where you belong!". Food...Wine...Fun
California
“Great atmosphere and great food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2011

We were staying in Littleton, NH during our New England fall foliage trip and thanks to the trip advisor reviews, selected this restaurant to dine at during our one night stay there. I'm sure glad that we did. I would highly make reservations here, even during the week, as it fills up quickly. Our hotel concierge did us the honors of making our reservation earlier that day, and we easily found this gem in the quaint town of Littleton, located in the Thayers Inn. We did not know that they had a seperate entrance to the restaurant from the street, but went through the main lobby of the hotel and down the stairs. The Inn, by the way, looked lovely, so I'm glad we came in the front. Because our reservation was made that same day, we were told ahead of time, that we would be seated in the dining area that provides counter-height table and chairs for two. I guess it's also called "pub style" dining. This didn't make a difference to us as long as the food was good. We were delighted to find that the dining atmosphere was cozy and delighful. They had it decorated for fall. Small candle on the table. The service was great, and the owner of the restaurant visited us to make sure everything was to our satisfaction. The wine selection was decent (we found out that New England states do not allow you to bring your own bottle of wine in due to state liquor license laws. Very unlike California restaurants where for a corkage fee, the server will pour from the wine bottle you brought in. Also, surprisingly, if you buy a bottle of wine from a New England restaurant and do not finish it, they will cork it and send you "home" with it. California laws forbid this. Same U.S., but different liquor laws! We ended up taking our two bottles of wine purchased along the way, home with us. Lesson learned. We ordered off the nightly special menu that was provided along with their regular menu. It had five different "specialty" entrees to choose from. Boy, was it hard to choose from.
The appetizers were scrumptious, and my salad was a piece of art, so nicely plated and delicious. My husband ordered the salmon, and I had a filet slathered with mushrooms over truffle infused mashed potatoes alongside asparagus. One of the best meals we had in New England. We shared a wonderful dessert and I ordered a cappuccino, which I would have to say, was the only thing disappointing. It was rather weak, with little flavor. My server comp'd my cappuccino after she asked how I liked it, and I had to be honest. We would highly recommend this wonderful restaurant. We have to warn you that it is not cheap, (around $130.00 for two), but for two glasses of wine, appetizers, entree, dessert, and coffee for two, we found it pretty reasonable for the quality of the food, atmoshphere, and service.

• Visited October 2011