All reviews the barn new england wedding weekend white mountains of new hampshire annie hosts farms pinterest game
Reviewed September 19, 2017 via mobile

This place is amazing! The views, decor, staff were all amazing! I was here for a wedding in September 2wks ago and have to rate it in my top 5 weddings that I've ever attended! The only reason I did not give this place a 5star was because of the food....most people I asked agreed. Other then that the place was amazing!

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed May 24, 2016

Looking for a nice spot to rest and not too far from Lafayette which we wanted to climb, we found this nice B&B that also offers lovely little cottages.
We opened their summer season by staying there this past weekend and we much appreciated the room.
Annie was such a lovely host we almost felt like family.
Thanks again guys and success to your buisness!
Olivier and Catherine

Date of stay: May 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank oli8218
Reviewed August 14, 2015

Our stay here has been one of the highlights of our North American road trip so far. A truly wonderful family who could not have done more for us including providing reading glasses after I'd lost mine! We stayed in one of their cottages which was just perfect. Very family friendly.

Date of stay: August 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Peter K
Reviewed July 11, 2015 via mobile

6 stars!

This is the best B&B I've stayed in on all of my vacations, I was beyond impressed. Annie, the owner is so sweet she makes you feel at home right away. I stayed in both the farmhouse (main B&B) and one of the cottages. The layout of the area is great, the farmhouse is on the left once you drive in and the different cottages are located off to the right. There is a little farm on site which has a chicken coupe with many chickens and chicks. They produce fresh eggs everyday for breakfast and Annie lets you purchase them (in dozens) for very cheap. We got a tour of the beautifully decorated farmhouse. The entire place is extremely clean, and the decoration is exclusively detail oriented, I loved all of it. For breakfast, if you are staying in the cottage, there is a basket of bread (so yummy) and other breakfast items (the banana bread is heavenly!). If you are staying in the main house, you get to taste homemade cooking from Maggie. We had delicious egg spinach quiche and everyone's table is set with a different type of flower or plant. The exquisitely details and attentiveness is amazing! Annie was also very helpful when we asked her about nearby hiking trails, she even looked it up on the internet for us and printed out directions.

I would recommend this to anyone who's taking a trip up to Vermont/New Hampshire area. The best B&B with delightful hosts.

Date of stay: May 2015
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank dreamybubz
Reviewed September 12, 2014

Heather, Annie and Maggie Salter are an amazing trio! The moment we met Annie in January we knew we wanted to get married at Bishop Farm in July - even though we didn't see it without snow until May! The barn is beautiful, truly the epitome of rustic chic with the chandeliers, wood beams, sheer curtains and high ceilings. There are so many fun decorations to utilize as well as details that are permanently in the barn - and the bathrooms are amazing, which was a very important part of the puzzle as we looked at venues - especially barns! The variety of location options for the ceremony were fun, and there was always a back-up plan in case of rain.
I think being able to utilize so many different spaces made the evening feel like there were distinct "acts" although everything was right there on the property. Space for lawn games and fire pits for s'more roasting were additional fun touches.
Being able to have the wedding party and family stay on property made it that much easier to do the set-up and final details leading up to the ceremony (and then sadly pack up following brunch on site the next day). It was also very important that we were the only wedding at our venue for the entire weekend so could fully utilize the space and enjoy our time - making it our own.
Heather and Annie are very responsive through all the planning and kept us organized with monthly conference calls. The day of, they kept us on schedule and organized, always with a smile. Maggie is such a joy to have around and the amount of work she does - from making us breakfast, to driving us around in the golf cart for the ceremony to sewing my friend's pants when he split them on the dance floor! Our guests were delighted that the Salters felt like part of the party while "working", and we were so grateful for that. My only complaint is that the day flew by!! We want to do it again. We will be back to stay at the B&B next year when it's not a wedding party weekend :-)

Date of stay: July 2014