“More than imagined”

Bishop Farm Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 3 Lisbon B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 26, 2013

My family and I were on a recent road trip through New England with our 2 1/2 month old and located Bishop Farm Bed & Breakfast through TripAdvisor. The B&B was even greater than we could have imagined. The Salter women rock. They made us feel extremely welcome and were extremely accommodating (did I already mention we were traveling with a little one:)) The rooms are quaint and the beds are heavenly. If I have my way we will be back annually.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank CEnriquez

Reviewed October 11, 2013

My daughter and now son-n-law wanted a destination wedding amongst nature and the beautiful Fall Foliage. Additionally they wanted to have the wedding party and immediate family all together which Bishop Farm was able to accommodate with their 7 bedroom Farmhouse and 6 individual cottages onsite. They found it at Bishop Farm in the White Mountains of New Hampshire.
We arrived on the Farm 5 days before the wedding to start decorating the newly renovated Barn for the reception. What was so wonderful was the Salter Family & Casey (the wedding coordinator) made us feel at home and we felt they were a part of our family & the wedding event. Annie, Heather, Danny, Maggie & Casey worked so hard and were always a step ahead of what we needed done. They were always waiting in the wings to make sure everything went off as planned.
We had fun planning meetings and R&D sessions with them to ensure the Bride & Groom's vision was what they wanted and even more.
You felt like you traveled back in time to your Grandmother's home with all the fond memories, furnishings and Oh MY those wonderful home-cooked breakfast's that you cannot buy anywhere. They were truly made with love. (Thank you Maggie)
I am sure no matter what season you visit Bishop Farm it is lovely but the turning of the leaves and all the flowers were magnificent. My grandson's were there and thoroughly enjoyed the country life by feeding the chickens/rooster, playing with the dogs, sledding down the hill filled with leaves, and playing many lawn games provided by the Farm.
Reflecting back on the week and all the questions I asked of them being the Mother of the Bride, I cannot remember anything they were not able to answer or accommodate for us.
I could go on but what made this such a memorable experience was the sincere love Annie, Heather, Danny, Maggie and Casey showed to us and all our guests. They are such gracious hosts; you never got the feeling that they were just running a business but they loved what they were doing and wanted everyone to have a wonderful time. They made this wedding weekend so special to our families and to start the newlyweds off on the right foot with memories they will cherish for a lifetime.
Just to share when I got back home to California the next morning I called the Salter's to tell them I was having separation anxiety because it was so wonderful to wake up in the morning smelling Maggie's breakfast cooking and to walk downstairs to the butcher block large kitchen counter and sit down with a cup of hot tea and to talk with them as if they had been your longtime friends.
Heather, Annie, Danny, Maggie and Casey- Thank you from the bottom of my heart for everything you did for us and a wonderful experience and friendship.
For you reading this, check out Bishop Farm in Lisbon, NH and make reservations for an experience of a lifetime.

Room Tip: Select the Farmhouse for the ambiance; Select a cottage if you want stand alone accommodations. The...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank DebbieBrogdon
Reviewed October 2, 2013

My wife and I live in New Hampshire and back in 2011 we were searching for a wedding venue and we came across Bishop Farm in our search. We visited Bishop Farm back in early summer 2011 and not only completely fell in love with the farmhouse, the cabins, the rustic cattle barns, etc but more importantly we fell in love with the Salter Family. We knew right then and there we were getting married at Bishop Farm and that a long lasting friendship will pursue with Annie, Heather and Maggie! Their hospitality, warm welcoming hugs, their purity is bar none the best and they make you feel like you are part of "the family"!! Shortly after that initial visit, we booked a weekend and stayed in one of their very cozy cabins. It was amazing. Then it was wedding planning time and it was an absolute pleasure to work with the Salters. It was amazing to have shared Bishop Farm with our family and friends and having the farm all to ourselves. It was great, our entire wedding party stayed at Bishop Farm with us during our wedding week. And a barn wedding it turned out to be and it could not have been more spectacular.

We just got back from our 1yr annivesary last weekend and we have started a tradition to go back to Bishop Farm for a few days to celebrate. And WOW, it was fantastic to be back up there, reminisce with Annie, Heather, Maggie and relive all of the amazing things and feelings that happened just one year prior. We can't wait to celebrate 2yr, 5yr, 10yr, 20yr, etc!!

Lastly, words cannot begin to even share how special of a place Bishop Farm is, how special the Salter family is, how special they make their guests feel!! You will be treated like their own family member, and you will create many great memories like my wife, our family and friends have done at Bishop Farm!! Enjoy your B&B stay, your wedding, etc, you have picked THE BEST B&B and venue in the northern New England area!!

Best,
AR and TR

Room Tip: You cannot go wrong with any of the rooms or cabins at Bishop Farm. Cabins may give you a little mo...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Aaron R
Reviewed September 28, 2013

I attended a weekend wedding at Bishop's Farm the second weekend in September and I have not stopped talking about it. It is wonderful to find the combination of beautiful place, lovely surroundings, and exceptionally warm, welcoming owners and staff. Even if you are an early bird good coffee is waiting for you when you get up and Maggie makes wonderful breakfasts (with eggs from their own chickens). Littleton is close by with fun shops and good restaurants. Driving from Maine through the White Mountains to get to Bishop's Farm was such a treat. Friday night before the wedding was as much fun as the wedding with everyone gathering at the large fire pit. I think this would be the perfect place for a family reunion.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 25, 2013

My son Bobby McCartney and his now wife Victoria (Begley) were married here on Saturday, August 24, 2013. Everything about the venue, rooms, breakfasts, and surroundings were amazing. More than anything, the owners and staff are exceptional: warm, engaging, helpful, energetic, and fun. You can tell that they love what they are doing, and their energy adds to the value of the event! We left with big smiles and hugs, having made new friends, with promises to highly highly recommend Bishop Farm Bed & Breakfast for your wedding!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 22, 2013

We just spent the weekend at Bishop Farm for our dear friends wedding. My wife and I have been in the service industry, so we LOVE to recognize excellent service when we see it and Bishop Farms is second to NONE. From the moment we arrived, Heather, Annie, and Maggie were there to make sure we felt welcome and comfortable. The beds were comfortable, the scenery was beautiful, the grounds were perfectly maintained, and the whole place gave off a magical feeling. Bishop Farms is ideal for weddings and family gathering. We stayed in the Franconia Notch Cabin and loved its charm, but we particularly loved that the ENTIRE wedding party and all of the immediate families of the bride and groom stayed there and there was plenty of space. I could go on and on, but trust us. This is where you want to get married.

Room Tip: Cabins have kitchenettes, but you won't need them. The breakfasts provided by the farm are outs...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 20, 2013

Upon arriving at Bishop Farm my boyfriend and I were crawling with excitement. We were so happy to stay just outside of town but well within reach of all the local attractions of Lincoln and the surrounding region. We pulled up the drive and as soon as we got out of the car we were greeted with smiles and open arms. It was truly as if we were visiting family and I felt totally comfortable waltzing right into the big farm kitchen and meeting Heather and her mother. The keepers were very interested making friendly conversation and seemed genuinely interested in who we were. We were shown around the property and later explored on our own. All the friends of the farm were completely helpful and hospitable to us and our four legged family member.

Aside from the overall atmosphere I want to mention that I enjoy cooking meals while on vacation. I asked upon arrival if there was a full oven in the cottage we booked and Heather politely told me there was not. She did however offer to let me use the oven in the main house which I found to be beyond gracious and would have felt bad taking her up on. I told her that would be lovely and mentioned we were going to take a stroll through the wooded paths and be back to prepare dinner. 20 minutes later when we got back to our cottage to make dinner there was a toaster oven sitting on the porch waiting for me. I was thrilled and made a perfect batch of brownies and some corn bread.

I also want to point out that the beds in this B&B are some of the best I've slept in away from home. If you are spoiled with a good mattress at home, I'm sure you know what it's like to be let down time an time again (no matter how much you spend) with horrible mattresses even at fine hotels. They did not overlook this crucial detail at Bishop. The beds are everything you would expect and deserve while staying away from home.

I could go on and on, but I cannot reiterate enough. The location, the rustic charm and understated elegance coalesce perfectly with warm feelings that surround and emanate from this charming farm. If you love visiting the area do not pass up this enchanting inn. I wholly recommend the Cannon Mountain cottage from which you have a lovely view of the rolling hay field across the way.

Room Tip: Totally perfect no matter where you stay within this B&B
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Dinkdink10

Been to Bishop Farm Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!