“Amazing All Around (B&B, Wedding Venue, hospitality)”

Bishop Farm Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 3 Lisbon B&B and Inns
Manchester
“Amazing All Around (B&B, Wedding Venue, hospitality)”
Reviewed October 2, 2013

My wife and I live in New Hampshire and back in 2011 we were searching for a wedding venue and we came across Bishop Farm in our search. We visited Bishop Farm back in early summer 2011 and not only completely fell in love with the farmhouse, the cabins, the rustic cattle barns, etc but more importantly we fell in love with the Salter Family. We knew right then and there we were getting married at Bishop Farm and that a long lasting friendship will pursue with Annie, Heather and Maggie! Their hospitality, warm welcoming hugs, their purity is bar none the best and they make you feel like you are part of "the family"!! Shortly after that initial visit, we booked a weekend and stayed in one of their very cozy cabins. It was amazing. Then it was wedding planning time and it was an absolute pleasure to work with the Salters. It was amazing to have shared Bishop Farm with our family and friends and having the farm all to ourselves. It was great, our entire wedding party stayed at Bishop Farm with us during our wedding week. And a barn wedding it turned out to be and it could not have been more spectacular.

We just got back from our 1yr annivesary last weekend and we have started a tradition to go back to Bishop Farm for a few days to celebrate. And WOW, it was fantastic to be back up there, reminisce with Annie, Heather, Maggie and relive all of the amazing things and feelings that happened just one year prior. We can't wait to celebrate 2yr, 5yr, 10yr, 20yr, etc!!

Lastly, words cannot begin to even share how special of a place Bishop Farm is, how special the Salter family is, how special they make their guests feel!! You will be treated like their own family member, and you will create many great memories like my wife, our family and friends have done at Bishop Farm!! Enjoy your B&B stay, your wedding, etc, you have picked THE BEST B&B and venue in the northern New England area!!

Best,
AR and TR

Room Tip: You cannot go wrong with any of the rooms or cabins at Bishop Farm. Cabins may give you a little mo...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Aaron R

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Old Orchard Beach, Maine
Reviewed September 28, 2013

I attended a weekend wedding at Bishop's Farm the second weekend in September and I have not stopped talking about it. It is wonderful to find the combination of beautiful place, lovely surroundings, and exceptionally warm, welcoming owners and staff. Even if you are an early bird good coffee is waiting for you when you get up and Maggie makes wonderful breakfasts (with eggs from their own chickens). Littleton is close by with fun shops and good restaurants. Driving from Maine through the White Mountains to get to Bishop's Farm was such a treat. Friday night before the wedding was as much fun as the wedding with everyone gathering at the large fire pit. I think this would be the perfect place for a family reunion.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Burlington, Massachusetts
Reviewed August 25, 2013

My son Bobby McCartney and his now wife Victoria (Begley) were married here on Saturday, August 24, 2013. Everything about the venue, rooms, breakfasts, and surroundings were amazing. More than anything, the owners and staff are exceptional: warm, engaging, helpful, energetic, and fun. You can tell that they love what they are doing, and their energy adds to the value of the event! We left with big smiles and hugs, having made new friends, with promises to highly highly recommend Bishop Farm Bed & Breakfast for your wedding!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Goffstown, New Hampshire
Reviewed August 22, 2013

We just spent the weekend at Bishop Farm for our dear friends wedding. My wife and I have been in the service industry, so we LOVE to recognize excellent service when we see it and Bishop Farms is second to NONE. From the moment we arrived, Heather, Annie, and Maggie were there to make sure we felt welcome and comfortable. The beds were comfortable, the scenery was beautiful, the grounds were perfectly maintained, and the whole place gave off a magical feeling. Bishop Farms is ideal for weddings and family gathering. We stayed in the Franconia Notch Cabin and loved its charm, but we particularly loved that the ENTIRE wedding party and all of the immediate families of the bride and groom stayed there and there was plenty of space. I could go on and on, but trust us. This is where you want to get married.

Room Tip: Cabins have kitchenettes, but you won't need them. The breakfasts provided by the farm are outs...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 20, 2013

Upon arriving at Bishop Farm my boyfriend and I were crawling with excitement. We were so happy to stay just outside of town but well within reach of all the local attractions of Lincoln and the surrounding region. We pulled up the drive and as soon as we got out of the car we were greeted with smiles and open arms. It was truly as if we were visiting family and I felt totally comfortable waltzing right into the big farm kitchen and meeting Heather and her mother. The keepers were very interested making friendly conversation and seemed genuinely interested in who we were. We were shown around the property and later explored on our own. All the friends of the farm were completely helpful and hospitable to us and our four legged family member.

Aside from the overall atmosphere I want to mention that I enjoy cooking meals while on vacation. I asked upon arrival if there was a full oven in the cottage we booked and Heather politely told me there was not. She did however offer to let me use the oven in the main house which I found to be beyond gracious and would have felt bad taking her up on. I told her that would be lovely and mentioned we were going to take a stroll through the wooded paths and be back to prepare dinner. 20 minutes later when we got back to our cottage to make dinner there was a toaster oven sitting on the porch waiting for me. I was thrilled and made a perfect batch of brownies and some corn bread.

I also want to point out that the beds in this B&B are some of the best I've slept in away from home. If you are spoiled with a good mattress at home, I'm sure you know what it's like to be let down time an time again (no matter how much you spend) with horrible mattresses even at fine hotels. They did not overlook this crucial detail at Bishop. The beds are everything you would expect and deserve while staying away from home.

I could go on and on, but I cannot reiterate enough. The location, the rustic charm and understated elegance coalesce perfectly with warm feelings that surround and emanate from this charming farm. If you love visiting the area do not pass up this enchanting inn. I wholly recommend the Cannon Mountain cottage from which you have a lovely view of the rolling hay field across the way.

Room Tip: Totally perfect no matter where you stay within this B&B
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Dinkdink10
Northampton, Massachusetts
Reviewed August 13, 2013

Played a wedding here. Thought the place looked wonderful. Lots of charm. Nice grounds. Friendly people. And just a very nice experience. I would return in a heartbeat. There is a pawn shop next store in a barn and they had lots of cool stuff. Guitars and golf carts. Yee ha! If you are having a wedding here, it will be a memorable one.

Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank PFandtheFlyers
New Haven, Connecticut
Reviewed June 20, 2013

This was our first experience staying at a B+B. Being a little shy we chose to stay in one of their cottages. Fantastic! Clean and comfortable. A well equipped kitchenette, TV, picnic table, chairs, and fire pit rounded out our stay. We brought a well stocked cooler and lived like kings!
No question, would stay again. EM

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Ewhen M
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lisbon
Hampton Inn Littleton
#2 of 5 in Franconia
Hillwinds Lodge
Hillwinds Lodge
#3 of 5 in Franconia

Been to Bishop Farm Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!