“Fantastic Wedding Experience”

Ranked #2 of 3 Lisbon B&B and Inns
New York
“Fantastic Wedding Experience”
Reviewed June 10, 2013

What a dream wedding that Annie, Heather and Maggie put on. The grounds were beautifully maintained. We got dumped with rain and everything drained very nicely. I've been to "farm" venues before and after rain it was a mud pit. This place was nice and clean right after a day-long downpour. The accomodations in both the main house and the cabins were excellent. Beds were extremely comfortable. Loved the shower tub. The breakfast was excellent (farm fresh eggs!). And the wedding venue in that magnificent red barn was a memory that the lucky couple will have for the rest of their lives. A+

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed May 18, 2013

We had a lovely night at the Bishop Farm bnb. The property was beautiful (be sure you check out the barn - wow), Maggie was so friendly and helpful and the breakfast the next day was delicious. My girlfriend picked a room that had the old-fashioned clawfoot tub right in the room and that was her definition of heaven. The bed was comfy, each room had its own look / feel. Great decor, so comfortable. Not one single complaint, except we should have stayed another night.
The town of Littletown is really pretty as is the surrounding area. We hope to make it back to this part of the gorgeous world. 10/10!

Room Tip: All rooms are gorgeous - some have bath / shower inside the bedroom (with a separate toilet area) so...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Richard M
Madrid, Spain
Reviewed January 17, 2013

Where should I start?The place is just perfect,throughout my life I've been to thousands of B and Bs and yet I've never found that hospitality anywhere else.Maggie is an excellent cook to start with,Annie and Heather are the kind of a people you'd want to walk into every morning and will just make your day.The place is a natural wonder,the cottages and rooms are beautifully decorated,and yet you don't get that feeling of ''having to be careful about making things fall'' you sometimes get in cute B and Bs.
I felt my privacy was always respected,but not only that the place was a social heaven for people that like a good chat from time to time,or making friends.I advise you to stay there for whatever reason you're around,and I even advise you to cancel any other plans and stay there for as long as you can,there's so much to visit in this part of the country,you'll be missing out on something great if you don't take your time to explore the whereabouts.
Nick Retlas

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Nikolas R
Turlock, California, United States
Reviewed November 4, 2012

In a recent trip to the New England states we had decided to stay at as many B &B's as possible. Some rooms were small and dark, some made you feel like you had to stay in you room and some wouldn't allow you to take drinks to your room. None of this was true at Bishop farm B & B. You were welcome anywhere and Annie, Maggie and Heather were the most gracious hosts I have every encountered. Our room was Mt Pierce with the most comfortable king bed ever and a private bath. Even tho our room was bright and cheery you didn't want to stay in your room because you might miss something that was going on downstairs. We enjoyed talking with the Salaters about the purchase of the farm and all of the renovations they have made. We got a tour of the barn which is breathtaking with it's beautiful chandeliers. They have many weddings there and the barn is a perfect place to have a reception. Since we live in California it is doubtful if we will get there again but ever morning I think about them as I drink my coffee from the mug I got there. I highly recommend Bishop Farm B & B. It is a must in your travels

Room Tip: Many to choose from
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Joan H
Rindge, New Hampshire, United States
Reviewed October 30, 2012

My husband and I just spent two nights at the Bishop Farm B&B. We'd never been there before but it offered the amenities that we prefer (suite - Mt. Washington Suite, king-sized bed, TV) and it had great reviews. Maggie and her daughter, Annie, were wonderful hosts (very friendly and helpful). They left us alone but were right there when we needed them. The other quests were respectful and quiet and we enjoyed our conversation with them over our delicious breakfasts. We loved waking up each morning to a rooster "tooting its horn" in the backyard, something I'd never experienced before. It's unlikely that we'll return to this place but it's totally because of the location, not the B&B. Nearby Littleton, NH, while a "larger town," has some interesting shops but limited (and very crowded!) restaurants.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Barbara S
Incline Village, Nevada
Reviewed October 10, 2012

As a specialist in the adventure travel field, I've been lucky enough to travel to all 7 continents and nearly 70 countries. Part of my job is doing overseas hotel inspections and evaluating accommodations to see if they are worth recommending to our high-end clients. Had Bishop Farm been on my list, they would've gotten my stamp of approval.

Why? It's not the fanciest or most luxurious place I've ever stayed in. But I rate accommodations on a number of factors, and ambience and the level of service is where Bishop Farm ranks high. Annie, Heather and Maggie are meticulous in making sure that every aspect of your stay is top-notch.

My niece and I stayed in one of the cottages and enjoyed it very much. Cozy, yes, but great beds, high quality kitchen appliances, and we loved being able to use the ceiling fans on the warm nights and the heater on the cold nights. It's just too bad that it was too rainy to use the fire pits!

My friend's wedding was held here, and again, the Salters went above and beyond in helping with the arrangements. The newly renovated barn with its jaw-dropping chandeliers - if you don't gasp with amazement when you first walk in, you better get your pulse checked.

Since the wedding party took over the entire place for the weekend, both cottage and inn guests were served breakfast. Delicious, hot, and fresh. I would've eaten an entire spinach and feta quiche by myself, but I had to share it with everybody else, so I had to limit myself to two servings :-) I don't know how much fresher the eggs can be if they weren't freshly plucked from the hens themselves 3 hours prior!

Heather, Annie and Maggie - your blood, sweat and tears are evident throughout the whole property. Well done.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
5 Thank HeyAllie
South Jersey
Reviewed October 8, 2012

I just returned from a three night stay to attend a friend's very unconventional wedding at this lovely B&B. The Salter family went above and beyond their duties to provide a memorable stay for the friends and family of the wedding party. Any issues were met with a smile and a unique solution whether it was rain on the wedding day, decorating that gorgeous barn with those spectacular chandaliers, scrambling to make room to accommadate unusual requests.

We stayed at one of the cottages which was extremely comfortable - yes the bathrooms were small but the charm and comfort of the cottage overrode that inconvenience. I was grateful for the small kitchen to make snacks and lunches for my picky family. If you want to grab a great breakfast, head over to Polly's Pancake House for a filling and delicious breakfast but you might be lucky enough to score a great breakfast over at the inn if your wedding party has rented out the place for the weekend - we had the best of both.

The grounds were beautiful and once the barn was decorated - every pretty Pinterest picture of a barn wedding came to mind...

Annie, Heather and Maggie were gracious and welcoming and provided the perfect combination of offering their services and allowing us to enjoy the property on our own.

As for the occasional ladybug that landed in our room, well - this is New Hampshire which is full of beautiful nature. If a ladybug ruined your stay, perhaps you'd be better off in the nondescript and boring Hampton Inn down the road.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank IndigoOnTheGo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lisbon
Hampton Inn Littleton
#1 of 4 in Sugar Hill
Franconia Inn
Franconia Inn
#2 of 5 in Franconia

Been to Bishop Farm Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!