“Great weekend... Just what I needed”

Bishop Farm Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 3 Lisbon B&B and Inns
Boston
“Great weekend... Just what I needed”
Reviewed August 1, 2012

I was in NH for a three day music festival, our group wanted the option to sleep indoors and have the amenities that tenting would not give us. Bishop Farm Bed and Breakfast and Cottages surpassed our basic needs. We rented a few cottages, I stayed in Lost River Cottage, first thought was this place is like a cloud. The cottage was cozy and very clean, perfect for 2 people, but can sleep up to 4. It included a small Kitchenette with all the normal necessities. Each cabin had an outdoor fire pit. the other guests were all very friendly. Annie was very friendly as well as Maggie. When I Checked in Maggie was making some cookies and i got to sample some. If the other cooking is as good as those cookies, That would be the cats PJs.
We liked the place so much that we extended our stay an extra night.
I hope next year when the festival happens again we will be able to stay again.

Room Tip: The Cottages do not include breakfast. But If you Stay in the House I believe that does.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Brookline, Massachusetts
Reviewed July 23, 2012

We planned an overnight in the White Mountains for one night so we could go hiking. I had mistakenly booked the wrong night at a nearby B&B and unfortunately they were sold out for the night. Luckily Bishop Farm B&B had a room left...and we had a fantastic night there. We stayed in the Mt. Madison room on the 3rd floor which is really lovely and comfortable. An interesting thing about the room is the use of what use to be storage space and turning it into a shower and bathroom. The shower is really large and quite nice - amazing use of existing space. The breakfast in the morning was superb. We had apple cinnamon pancakes and farm fresh eggs - Annie is a wonderful cook. The hostesses, Annie and her mother Maggie, were great and I would highly recommend it to anyone going to the region. I noticed someone remarked that it was a little out of the way from the state park - it is a little north but we took 116 down for part of the way and found a great general store in Bath with lots of smoked cheeses and meats so being a little out of the way can be okay.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank vv212
Moorpark, California
Reviewed July 4, 2012

We have had the pleasure of staying at Bishop Farm B&B on several occasions during the past four years. Annie and Maggie (and for this visit, also Heather) are attentive and amazing hostesses. The rooms are very comfortable, and the farmhouse is in great shape! The breakfasts are spectacular and never disappoint. We look forward to the chance to visit again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Jersey City, New Jersey
Reviewed July 4, 2012

For us this was really a 3.5 out of 5 stay. The hosts are extremely hospitable, very nice, but we just can't give it a 5 having stayed in the Cottages, instead of the main house.
We stayed in the Lost River Cottage - we were the only ones staying the cottages. Everybody else were in the main house, but we had to stay in the cottage since I took my dog with me. The cottage was very clean and comfortable. Would get 5 stars for the cleanliness. However, the shower was extremely, but really really small. We are both small and had difficulty in the shower. Couldn't use the bathroom sink at all, it was nearly nonexistent.
Though the location wasn't too far from the Franconia Notch - it wasn't the most convenient either. It took about 15 minutes to get onto 93 which took you to the notch. There are closer little towns that we passed through driving to the Notch in the mornings to start our hikes.
One big disappointment for us was that we weren't allowed to have breakfast in the main house since we were staying in the cottages. I can understand it's a business decision so that they can stay as a bed and breakfast rather than an "Inn". Nonetheless, this made it inconvenient to us, given that the closest place to eat was in Littleton, NH a good 10-15minute drive rather than the cottage. The people were very pleasant so I cannot say that we wouldn't recommend it. Just seems like a better experience if you stay in the main house rather than the cottages and if you don't mind the drive to the Notch if that's what you're there for, as we were.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank bnaturl
, Owner at Bishop Farm Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, July 8, 2012
We are happy you and your four legged friend had a chance to stay with us at Bishop Farm Bed and Breakfast and Cottages. We are sorry you were mislead on the breakfast in the cottages. We clearly state in our website and printed literature that breakfast can be made in the kitchen in your cottage. Serving 26 people in the house every time would be too much work for my mom and sister. We also sell breakfast baskets so our guest may enjoy an intimate meal with out a group setting which is often the case in the house. Our cottages were built back in the 40's and during our renovations we decided to keep the quaint look of these wonderful structure without changing the floor plan. They are all equipped with the latest electrical, WiFi, cable and plenty of hot water. Again, thanks for coming and we would love to have you in the house next time...
Arlington, Virginia, United States
Reviewed June 15, 2012

Dear Readers: It is such a pleasure reading your wonderful "reviews" of the Bishop Farm B&B in Lisbon, NH and learning of your warm memories and experiences in what is, in fact, my mother's childhood home. My now 80-year-old mother, Jean Bishop Martin, grew up in the family-owned farm with her now 84-year-old sister, Barbara Bishop White, their parents and other close relatives. My mother and aunt also lived in the home as 20-something newlyweds - until they started their own families. My family sold the farmhouse in the early 1960s and watched as the farmhouse changed ownership several times. The times when the farmhouse was "for sale" were the saddest times because of the deterioration of the house and barn and the overgrowth of vegetation. THEN, in the 2006-07 timeframe, along came the Salter family (mother and three siblings) with the wise idea to purchase the property AND restore it BACK TO WHEN MY MOTHER AND HER FAMILY LIVED THERE! Early on, the Salters interviewed my mother and my aunt and collected old photos from my family to help with their restoration work back to the original property, but with all the modern conveniences we have come to expect! The amazing restoration of the home where my parents lived as newlyweds brought them such joy and gratitude -- for the Salter's incredible foresight, and all the love and care they were putting into the farmhouse and even the cottages, which were nearly dilapidated at the time the Salters purchased the property. I brought my parents to the B&B several times over the past few years -- including for my brother's wedding there in June 2008 -- and they so loved and appreciated all of the wonderful renovations the Salters were making bit by bit (i.e., room by room and cottage by cottage). Their favorite thing to do was to sit in the white New England-style rocking chairs on the front porch and look off to the White Mountains in the distance. I can only imagine the thoughts and memories running through their minds during those moments, and, having the pleasure and privilege to enjoy this family home of their youth...all because of the Salters! My parents are both now in a nursing home in the Springfield, MA area (my immediate family moved from the White Mountain Region to Western Massachusetts in 1964) and are not capable of making another visit to the Bishop Farm B&B. But, they have lived well enough and long enough to see the amazing results of the Salters' vision and hard work, including seeing their son get married on the property. My family will be forever grateful to the Salter family for bringing this Bishop family farmhouse and property BACK TO LIFE! My siblings and cousins I will continue to visit the B&B as often as possible, as it is not only a beautiful B&B with amazing hosts and hospitality, it is our family's home restored and history preserved....that is now being shared with ALL OF YOU! Sincerely, Tamara L. Martin, Washington, DC, on behalf of my beloved mother, Jean Bishop Martin, my five siblings and all of the extended Bishop Family. We wish the Salters continued success!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank TLMartin1964
West Warwick, Rhode Island
Reviewed June 11, 2012

First let me tell you that I used this site and it's reviews to pick a B & B in New Hampshire, and Bishop Farms was extremely highly rated. We were not dissapointed! We stayed in the Mt Washington suite for 3 nights mid-week and it was like being in a home away from home. Maggie and Annie whipped up breakfast for us and the other couple staying in the house, and each day was something different. My wife has a gluten allergy and they accomidated it nicely. The bed was a huge king and the sheets and pillows were better than some of the high class hotels out there. Annie has a way of making you feel totally at ease at Bishop Farms. We all spent the last night there sitting in the enclosed porch in the back of the house talking about everything, as her dog Martha slept next to me. My wife and I cannot wait to go back. The mistake I made though was taking just shorts with me! bring pants and a coat if you come in May! :)

Room Tip: We choice the suite because it had an additional sitting room for reading,but all the rooms in the h...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Brian B
College Station, Texas
Reviewed April 5, 2012

My husband and I stayed at Bishop Farm for one night, which we purchased through groupon. The B&B is beautiful, newly renovated, and the innkeepers are extremely friendly and accommodating. The first floor has an entertainment room with a big screen TV, a living room with a fireplace, and a room full of games. The room we stayed in was spacious and the bed was extremely comfortable. I think that breakfast was my favorite part, SO delicious! We will definitely stay there again when we head up that way. Thank you groupon for introducing us to such a lovely B&B!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lisbon
Hampton Inn Littleton
#1 of 4 in Sugar Hill
Franconia Inn
Franconia Inn
#2 of 5 in Franconia

Been to Bishop Farm Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!