Rustic Log Cabins
$120
$115
Hillwinds Lodge(Franconia)(Great Value!)
$89
Stonybrook Motel & Lodge(Franconia)(Great Value!)
$69
Hotels.com
$159
$143
ComfortInn
All reviewsbabbling brookget awayfire pitwhite mtnsnational forestnew hampshirealanafireplacestovefiresidestreamkitchenettemountainsscenicsummersnowfranconia
Reviewed March 16, 2010

I found this place online, and it looked cute and just what I was looking for.
Upon arrival, I was greeted by the owner, Alana, who had a real attitude. She told us that if we needed anything to come back to the office and she would assist.
When we got to the cabin, the cabin was freezing. There was no heat on at all. When we tried to turn the heat on, it took over an hour for it to start working. There was no TV or phone, so we decided to walk back to the office to address the heat issue but no one was there to help!
Then, we went to take a shower, and the water had a horrible smell of rotten eggs which was actually sulfur in the water. Not to mention the fact the water was cold, no hot water.
When we spoke to the owners husband, Emile about this, he said that the water heater needs to be replaced and that they could not fix it. He did not offer to comp us money off the bill or move us to another cabin with hot water. He simply did not care. They should not have rented us the cabin if they new that the water heater was broken!
These people clearly don't care about making their customers happy. I found the owners are not polite, hospitable, or accommodating in the least. Their rudeness was over the top.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
8  Thank pinkpetall
Reviewed March 7, 2010

My fiance took me away to the Rustic Cabins as a surprise- we absolutely loved it there. If you're an outdoor enthusiast/someone who likes to rough-it it's perfect. I was so surprised to see that it had electricity, running water, heat, indoor toilet and shower (we've stayed at AMC cabins that have far less so I didn't know what to expect). It was very clean, and the people at the front desk were very nice and helpful. We went out during the day, but at night we would sit in front of the fireplace, enjoy a glass of wine, celebrate our new engagement, and just relax and take a brake from busy city life.

Some of the cabins are close to the road- in fact ours was- but they are protected by a row of trees, and honestly when we were inside you would have no idea the road was close. It was very quiet at night, and since it's such a low-traffic area to begin with, it's really not a problem. There are some cabins on the other side of the creek (you have to cross a footbridge to get there) so that's perfect for people looking for a more 'rustic' experience.

We absolutely loved it and can't wait to go back again.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
3  Thank reykjavik9
Reviewed January 17, 2010

If you've even briefly considered giving your business to these people, you have already gone too far. The cabins themselves are quite nice and offer a unique experience for people of all ages, no doubt. Whether you're interested in cuddling up by the fire with your better half or relaxing with old friends for the weekend, the actual rustic login cabins are both cozy and spacious. Unfortunately, the owners are not polite, hospitable, or accommodating in the least and quite frankly, their rudeness ruins the entire experience and immediately kills any potential for "a nice getaway." They were completely unavailable during our entire two-night stay, despite having told us (with a very noticeable attitude) that if we needed anything to let them know. The woman spoke with such a monotone voice that I initially couldn't tell if she was being sarcastic, though she did seem annoyed that she had to check us in, yes, her PAYING guests. A note on the office door stating, "Stepped out for a minute, be back soon" seemed to be laughing at me more and more as I trudged back and forth in the dark and snow every ten minutes throughout a three hour period simply trying to let them know that I needed something-like they blatantly instructed me to do. After all, I was under the impression that being there to distribute basic amenities was part of their end of the bargain. I pay their high prices, and they at least PRETEND to care about me, their customer, the source of their income. This seems like common sense to me. Honestly, I might have been able to overlook the obliviousness of my hosts-I mean, they didn't seem very in tune with normal civilization-IF the had bothered to warm us that the water in our cabin with riddled with sulfur. You couldn't even turn on the faucet for a nano-second without feeling like you were taking part in a septic system clean-out. Since we were not informed of this at check-in and had not come prepared with other beverages of any kind, we were forced to drink this sulfur water in order to prevent dehydration. We didn't even have the option of venturing out to find safe drinking water because the closest store open past 5pm is an hour away. Lack of communication on this unsanitary level is beyond ridiculous in my book. Our attempts to talk with them about the water issue were unsuccessful seeing as I'm pretty sure they purposely made themselves as scarce as possible from the time we got there until the time they barely showed up to check us out. Maybe they just didn't like us? Don't worry, the feeling was definitely mutual. Avoid this place at all costs, or you'll be punished with sulfur water-no joke!

• Stayed: December 2009
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
6  Thank Jukebox455
Reviewed June 18, 2009

We were lucky enough to get our money back after spending one night. The owner woman tried to give us attitude, so i gave it right back to her all in proper English. Motel 6 is a palace in comparison....

The only nice thing was the babbling brook...when it was not drowned out by traffic on Rte 117 that is.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Photolover3
Reviewed September 11, 2008

My husband and I found this place when we were dating online, and came up in November a few years ago. We loved it. The fireplace is great, there's no tv, or phone so you really feel like your away from the city. We loved it so much that we came back a couple years later to spend our first married Thanksgiving together. The kitchen was just big enough to cook a Turkey in! We love it here, and will definitely come back!

• Stayed: November 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank Jinxjules