“Average hotel, good location for the area”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Lincoln East - White Mountains
Ranked #7 of 20 Hotels in Lincoln
Maastricht, Netherlands
“Average hotel, good location for the area”
Reviewed October 14, 2012

Booked this hotel for an overnight stay while touring the area. Hotel is located convenient and looks good from the outside. Inside is well kept, staff friendly and check in went quickly. Stayed at a room with double beds. Room was spacious and clean, but nothing spectacular. Your average hotel room. However for the affordable price it is as you would like it to be. We had a room across from the elevators and ice machine, but it did not keep us up at night. Wireless wifi worked great and the complimentary breakfast was better than other chain hotels usually have because of the fruit and pastries.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Washington, Virginia
Reviewed October 9, 2012

First things first, Comfort Inn is located on 112 (kancamangus highway) which lead us to the best fall colors we saw throughout our trip. It also leads you directly to Conway which is about 50 minutes away non-stop. Lincoln itself has everything you need.. shops, gas, restaurants. Great touring base. Lincoln is also right off I93 which makes locating Comfort easy peasy!

Rooms at Comfort were comfortable,spacious & more than adequate. Fantastic staff. Cathy so kindly switched our room so we could have a better view. They really do go out of the way to ensure customer happiness. We couldn't have asked for more, thank you.

Be sure to check out Gpsy Cafe on Main St, you will have no regrets!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Northampton
Reviewed September 24, 2012

I stayed at the Comfort Inn in Lincoln for 2 nights and used it as a base for touring the area.

The hotel is well situated, close to the shops & restaurants in Lincoln, with plentiful free parking. Upon arrival check-in was welcoming and my room was of a very good standard, very clean and with all of the expected facilities. The bed was comfortable and the shower suitably powerful, plus the included buffet breakfast was self-service and did the job of setting me up for the day very well!

As a base for touring, the hotel was well situated, just 10 minutes to the Flume and likewise just 10 minutes to get through Lincoln and onto the Kancamgus Highway. All very handy!

In summary, the Comfort Inn in Lincoln did what it said on the tin and did it well. There are probably more up-market & luxurious options but for the price I paid it did everything I needed and I'd recommend it to others wanting a similar stay on the basis.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Seamo
Saint Albans, Vermont
Reviewed September 22, 2012

I cannot express enough positivity about the staff at this location during my trip. I was in town for business, and so arrived to the hotel late at night after all the restaurants had closed. I had gotten a microwaved meal from a local gas station and the attendant, upon seeing my "dinner" took the time to procure some fruit for me so that I could have the semblance of an actual meal.

I was pleasantly surprised by the availability of a swimming pool and hot tub, and the free wireless was fantastic. The complimentary breakfast in the morning was one of the best breakfast I've seen in a hotel that offers a breakfast a complimentary breakfast. There was a variety of fresh fruit, pastries, eggs and coffee.

My only complaint was with the experience was that the TV's cable connection was very poor. Someone had done a poor job installing the cable behind the TV and after a few minutes of fiddling with it, I was able to make it go through. There were some basic cable channels that had been advertised as being free, but weren't available (while this wasn't a concern for me as the cartoon channel is something I hardly need, I can imagine some parents may have been a bit put off by this.)

Regardless, I can't wait for the next time I'm in Lincoln, I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 16, 2012

It's in a great location with alot of things to do around it. I called in to get a room for two nights. When I arrived a bus had come in and they didn't have the room we requested. Autumn helped us get a room for that night. The next day I requested they we stay again the next night and Autumn somehow made that happen too. She let us keep the same room we were in. She went above and beyond for us. The room was good and is what I expected. The breakfast was good and the standard fare. Steve was very friendly in the breakfast area. I went zipping and had a great time. I had a hard time getting my clothes washed because it is only one washer and one dryer. The Bus filled up the hotel and I would suggest they have more than one washer and one dryer in the building.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Ashland, MA
Reviewed September 13, 2012

We stayed here for the first part of the Labor Day Weekend before going to Hanover to visit family. The hotel is average. The rooms are clean, but small. It was a little tight for our family of four in a room with two doubles. Complimentary breakfast was very good, with make your own waffles, eggs, sausages, cereals, and various fruits. It is reasonably priced, considering it was a holiday weekend. There is also a small indoor pool. This hotel is convenient to anything in the Western part of the White Mts, including Francona Notch, Loon Mountain, Cannon Mountain, Lost River, and Polar Caves. The hotel is also located in the center of Lincoln next to a fancy mini golf owned by the Pirates Cove mini golf folks and a number of family restaurants. It is off a busy road so it is quiet at night. As a result, there were a lot of motorcyclists up there but we did not really hear them. If you are looking for a convenient place to sleep after a day of sightseeing in the area, this is a good, reasonably priced hotel . If you want a hotel where you can just stay there all day, relax, and do activities on the hotel grounds, choose one of the larger family resorts.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 10, 2012

I would stay here again (this is my second stay). The good points are location, quiet spot away from the busy highway (there are many bikers which means noise) fairly clean rooms, typical chain motel. The negative for me at least is a pet friendly motel (my allergies kicked up) and the breakfast is poor compared to other chains and the breakfast area is too small, crowded, wasn't air conditioned, and frankly smelled bad. The second day we went to the Sunny Diner for breakfast since we couldn't face the CI breakfast again. This diner is terrific by the way.

Room Tip: Unless you have a pet, avoid the pet friendly rooms.