“Right on a busy highway!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lincoln
Green Village Cabins
Reviewed August 30, 2009

I was very disappointed in these cabins. They are RIGHT on a busy stretch of road, across the street from a huge waterpark. There is nothing "in the woods" about this place at all. Yes, the river in the back is lovely, but the cabins are TINY with REALLY old furniture, musty, need total updating - the shower was terrible and the faucet in the bathroom sink barely worked. I would highly recommend staying somewhere else - we left even though we'd already made a non-refundable reservation. (Gee, I wonder why they're non-refundable?)

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
N_h_Jeeper, Owner at Green Village Cabins, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2010

It is very important to us that all our guests are comfortable and enjoy thier stay here. I was aware that this family was disappointed at our location from assuming we were in the woods. Our cabins are across from the water park which is only busy from 11AM to 6PM. From the back side we sit along the river with nothing but White Mountain National Forest. I am sad to see this kind of review when nothing was said to us regarding their leaving or any problem they might have had in the cabin, however the cabin was cleaned and we found no such problems with the shower or sink. (We do our own cleaning) All comments we've ever received are that you never run out of hot water and the water pressure is great. This being said we do give credit if we are able to rebook. In this case the cabin was rebooked that day and this guest was refunded, unfortunately before they received thier notice and statement. I hope that if anyone has any kind of problem here they would come to us and let us take care of it so they will be happy when they leave us.

Reviewed August 21, 2009

A very nice, quiet,clean and affordable place to stay. My cabin was very clean, the porch door opened up to a nice porch right on the river, it was very relaxing to listen to the running river, and it is lighted for evening viewing until 11:00 PM. We were fortunate enough to see our first real live black bears walking the rivers edge ( awesome). The Cabin inside has homelike features, a field stone fire place, a fridge to keep the food and beverages cold, a microwave to cook or warm up food. Outside each cabin is a charcoal grill for individual cabin usage, you do not have to share like other places. I noticed the owners cleaned them everyday. I found the owners Dave and Patty to be very nice, helpful and doing whatever it took to make sure we were comfortable. Nice warm showers in each cabin along with extended cable TV, I caught to Red Sox winning a few games. Clean towels every day or upon us requesting them. Another real advantage is they are located right in the middle of everything. Next door is the Whales Tale, a short ride, about 2 miles is the Flumes, The Basin, Cannon Mountain Tramway and a whole bunch of cool outdoor fun. For the Kids it made there vacation having access within a short distance for a lot of fun. I stayed here from a recommendation of a friend, am I glad I did, I will be vacationing there more, as they are open year round. Skiing, Oh yes!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed August 13, 2009

Every trip to Green Village Cabins is exactly what I hoped it'd be...a peaceful, tranquil place to stay in the mountains. The sound of the Pemi river to sleep by, and the cleanest accomodations around. Did i mention the warm hospitality always given by Patty and Davey? They're awesome.. highly recomend this stay for both couples (the single cabins are cozy) and familys as well.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 12, 2009

My first stay at the green village cabins was in 1984.I can't remember the number of nights we sleep there.The sound of the PEMI RIVER at night is a therapy by itself.Dave and Patty,the owners are like old friends from the first time.They do all they can to make you feel at home and make sure you have a great stay.

From montreal area,we traveled many place in the eastern United states each year and we never feel this kind of hospitality.They are hard to beat.

Thank you Dave and Patty. See you soon... André and France.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 12, 2009

ive been going to green village for a very long time patty n dave are great hosts plus many attractions near by all year round plus like i said patty and dave are great hosts theres many resturants near by plus each cabin has a mircowave plus at nite sitting in the screen porch and listen to the river so ralxing very clean cabins so for a weekend or a week stay call on patty and dave as they will make you feel rite ar home

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed August 1, 2009

The cabins are very cute. However, I had a rather unpleasant encounter with the female owner of Green Village Cabins. I was staying at another establishment along the Pemi and walking my dog (Green Village does not allow pets). My dog was sniffing a telephone pole in front of Green Village Cabins and the lady yells to me--hey, I plant grass there and there is a fine for letting your dog urinate on other people's property. Usually, telephone poles are not located on people's property. In any case, it is difficult to control where a male dog urinates. I was walking in the street so that he would only go on poles and trees. I have been vacationing in the White Mountains for 30 years and have encountered only very nice people. She is not one and for this reason I would not recommend staying at Green Village Cabins--especially if you are a responsible animal owner and lover.

Stayed: July 2009, traveled solo
N_h_Jeeper, Owner at Green Village Cabins, responded to this reviewResponded May 19, 2010

In response to this review....This is a beautiful area for all of us to walk. I think its wonderful that people can bring thier pets on vacation too, however if there is not a designated area at the establishment where you stay for your pet to do thier duty you should at least have the respect for the neighboring establishments who also work hard to keep thier properties neat and clean, who don't take pets, to control where your pet goes and pick up the mess instead of leaving it as this person did which is why I notice her, before they proceeded back and her dog sniffed and lifted its leg at the grass and flowers that are planted around the telephone pole in my yard. I'm sure even loving responsible pet owners would'nt appriciate this in thier yards either.

Reviewed February 22, 2008

Have stayed here the last few years summer and winter with my family. Cabins are very cozy and clean. Owners are very friendly. Love the porches overlooking the river. Children love watching for animals. Also loved the bonfire pit they have and being able to hang out with others.
Close distance to the water park and many hiking trails. We will be back!

Stayed: July 2007
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lincoln
Indian Head Resort
The Village Of Loon Mountain
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites
#17 of 20 in Lincoln

Been to Green Village Cabins? Share your experiences!