All reviews duck pond indoor pool woodward resort hot tub water park white mountains game room mini fridge new hampshire great weekend get away suite ducks sauna tale attractions skiing
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

So, my first impression of Woodard’s Resort and Inn was...
Blah.
Everything just had that dull, aged look about it, and that was just the lobby.
Even before opening the door to the room there were two chairs that were adjacent the door that screamed Nightmare on Elm Street 2, the pool party scene.
Upon entering the room I I initially thought I had been time warped to 1987. From the carpet to the bed coverings, paint color, wall art and even the thermostat, it all looked like it was ripped out of Doc Browns house from Back to the Future. The drop ceiling looked like it was sagging and in a few places, it was.
Then, the problems. I’ll list them.
1. The windows that are supposed to open for air, don’t. These are the older style, crank to open and one handle was totally stripped and both windows were apparently painted closed.
2. The A.C. was manufactured pre-2000, I checked the serial number online. It still worked and, unless I wanted to sleep with the door open, it was my only source of air flow.
3. The bathroom was in dire shape. From the heating fan that looks like it is a holdback from 1967, to the rusty dropped ceiling frame, to the random hair in the bathtub that needs a good scrubbing. The handle for the hot water on the vanity just slipped off in my fingers the first time I went to use it. Shoddy craftsmanship for apparent repair work in places. I was not looking forward to using any of it. There was even some moldy caulking around the iffy Bathfitters shower replacement.
4. The one working electrical outlet was set behind one of the beds. The top outlet was bent so it couldn’t be used as I would have had to hold any plug in a certain position to make a positive connection. The bottom outlet was set EXACTLY between the box spring and the mattress so that whenever my wife moved the power went out because it jiggled the plug enough to loosen it. (The beds weren’t big enough for both of us to sleep together so we had to split up for the weekend.)

Now, a few positives!
1. Everything appeared clean ie: There was minimal dust. The towels provided were pure white with no stains, if slightly worn. The mini fridge was mold free and worked well enough to keep our drinks cold.
2. The linens were fresh and, like many places I’ve been to, looked to be freshly placed rather then quickly brushed off and covered with the blanket.
3. The bathroom, for all its flaws, was grime free. Aside from the caulking a good hard scrubbing of the tub floor I could find no dirt or “muck” to speak of.
4. The room carpeting was vacuumed well, even under the beds.

We never did try the breakfast because I heard several people complaining about it and decided that the Dunkin’ Donuts wasn’t too far away.

For me, I wouldn’t ever choose to stay here again unless forced with no other options.

Date of stay: September 2019
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We were looking for just a one night stay at a reasonably priced hotel. The pros are that this hotel is inexpensive and staff is friendly. The cons: outdated room, mildew in the bathroom, old, uncomfortable beds, air conditioner was incredibly loud. The buffet breakfast is exactly what you would expect from a budget hotel. I would say this was adequate for a one night stay, but we won't be back for a repeat visit.

Date of stay: September 2019
Reviewed August 13, 2019 via mobile

Great resort,rooms clean,staff friendly,breakfast included was awesome,indoor-outdoor pool, sauna & jacuzzi,were great, rides through white mts on motorcycles was the best second visit this yr. Cant wait to go back.

Date of stay: July 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
WoodwardsLincoln, General Manager at Woodwards Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2019

Thank you so much for leaving such a great review. We work so hard to keep our rooms clean and our staff responsive and friendly, all of us here are very happy to hear we could succeed in this regard. We hope to see you folks again soon, and we are working hard to ensure an even better stay the next time you folks find yourselves in the area.

Reviewed August 9, 2019

We have been going to Woodwards for over 30 years and very little changes. This is both good and not so good. They have 4 or 5 different buildings that you might get with the building with the indoor pool being a bit more popular and pricier. While they have done little to modernize, two improvements are the new room key cards (instead of old keys), and the inclusion of a free continental breakfast.. Both of these would be appreciated by families.

Date of stay: August 2019
WoodwardsLincoln, General Manager at Woodwards Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hello Eileen, and thank you for taking the time to leave this review. We are working now to modernize all our rooms. Renovations are underway but come gradually. We have made some improvements that you noticed, as well as a lot of cosmetic and internal improvements. I think that if you choose to stay with us again in the near future you will see even more improvements as we continue, and we are always happy to show our guests what we have done to make their stay better. If you choose to stay with us again we are sure you will be impressed with the work we have done.

Reviewed August 7, 2019 via mobile

Yes, the hotel is slightly dated- but under new management and they are actively trying to update some of the furnishings. I would give this place a “5” for effort. The front desk attendant was very friendly to us and helpful. For a family of 6, it was well priced - we had a two room suite with real beds and enough space. The room was clean. Breakfast for us was just what we needed for a quick stop on the way out - make you own waffles included. We would definitely stay here again and looking forward to further improvements.

Date of stay: August 2019