“Very Nice Pre-Christmas Family Stay”

Woodwards Resort & Inn
Ranked #11 of 20 Hotels in Lincoln
East Bridgewater, Massachusetts
“Very Nice Pre-Christmas Family Stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 23, 2013

My wife and three children (ages 9,6,5) were looking for a family suite to stay in for one night before our annual trip to Santa's Village. It also had to have an indoor pool. We read some questionable reviews and decided to stay here and noted the lack of information on Trip Advisor for the hotel's meal plan and the number of not so hot reviews given to the restaurant.

We checked in on Saturday 12/21 and maybe it was the ice storm in the forecast and the time of year, but we had the run of pretty much everything. We checked into the two bedroom family suite in room 63. The rooms are nicely situated with each having a TV and Bathroom. The kids room does not have a door out to the hallway, so they have to come through the parents room which is how you want it. The room set up was great!

The restaurant: Dinner is on the right of the main office in the dining room, while breakfast is on the left down a few stairs. The meal plan, Adults $30 each gets you both Dinner and Breakfast. Kids eat free with a paying adult. Since we had one extra kid, it was an additional $7 which is more than reasonable for Dinner and Breakfast. Dinner: Adults: You can pick any entree off an extensive menu. My wife had Filet and I had the rack of ribs. We both enjoyed them thoroughly. The kids had their choice of 6 or seven entrees. Chicken fingers and fries, Pizza, mac n cheese, etc...The food was very good. No complaints. The breakfast, adults pick from 9 items, kids from 5-6. Once again, everything very good.

Pool: We went to use the indoor pool at around 6:30PM, open until 10PM. Not overly crowded. The problem is not enough towel attention. Used towels were strewn about everywhere, while there were not clean towels available. Called the front desk like it says and were told, towels were on their way. Thirty minutes later called again, still no towels. This was the only frustrating part of the stay. Eventually towels came.

Note: They take an impression of your credit card when you check in. I noted as soon as I got into the room, there was a huge gash in the wall from a chair arm perhaps, situated close to the wall. I immediately notified the front desk that my room was already like this. I suggest you do the same, check your room first and notify them of any pre-existing damages.

Overall, a very nice stay and we will be back.

Room Tip: If traveling in the winter, ask to be in the units near the pool so you won't have to change bui...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank tremendousupside

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2013

Have stayed here on numerous occasions over the past few years, all for skiing in Bretton Woods and Loon Mountain. Great food cooked on an open fire pit when i was there in '09. Has slightly changed since but food is still tasty.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Plymouth, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2013

My boyfriend and I went to Woodward's resort for a little 3 day getaway and would definitely come back. Our deluxe room was beautiful with a very comfy king size bed facing a fireplace. Tons of storage in the room, modern bedding, T.V. and a mini fridge. 3 steps went down to my favorite part of the room, the bathroom! Wood paneled interior, 2 sinks, huge mirrors, and right in the middle a perfect 2 person jacuzzi! The winter rates are very reasonable and you can see the mountains when you look outside. The only reason I didn't give it a full 5 stars is the remote didn't work, there was no microwave, the fireplace stopped working on us the 2nd night, and they didn't honor a military discount because my boyfriend isn't currently active. (Discharged). But we will be coming back again, close to the mountains and still close to any shop you'd need, it's a great location. :)

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Massachusetts
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2013

My family stayed here over Columbus Day weekend because our usual motel was full. Initially, I was very pleased with the customer service. The person who took my reservation was very nice and even offered us a AAA discount (which I did not expect as it was a holiday weekend). However, when we arrived around 11:30 am, we were told that our room was not ready as check-in time was not until 3:00 pm. I was given a number to call to check on our room later and we went off to Clark's Trading Post. I called the motel around 1:45 pm and was told again that "check-in time is 3:00". While I understood this, I have been able to check-in to motels and hotels earlier almost every time I traveled and I began to think that this is just their standard line rather than a reflection of whether the room was done.

Well, when we finally got back to the motel at 3:00 and went to sign-in, the person at the desk said she needed to check with housekeeping to see if our room was done. Imagine my shock when the chambermaid told her, "Oh, yes, that was one of the very first rooms we cleaned this morning". What? It seemed pretty clear to me that my room had been ready the whole time, but I just wasn't allowed to check-in.

The room itself was clean and good-sized. It needed some updating (there was a red stain on the ceiling and some of the wallpaper was torn). The water pressure in the shower wasn't bad, but every few minutes there was a weird noise, almost like there was air trapped in the water line.

The indoor pool was very nice with lots of seating all around. When I called housekeeping looking for more pool towels, someone arrived within minutes. Also, when we needed towels for our room (they had only put in two sets and there were four of us), they were sent out to us quickly.

In closing, this is not a place I would go to again. I have stayed at many of the motels in the area and I know that there are better establishments for the same cost.

Room Tip: If you plan to use the indoor pool in the fall or winter, be sure to request a room in the building...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Roomatt
VERMONT
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2013

Spent a night after Thanksgiving at the Inn run by Woodward's Resort. Room was spacious, but the layout was odd with sinks in the room and not in the bath. Made it difficult for one person to be up without waking the other. Easy sheltered access to pool and jacuzzi even in cold weather. I imagine this place is hopping during ski season.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
New Hampshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2013

My family stayed @ the Woodward's Resort for the first time, 11/22-11/24. We stayed for 2 nights as part of the Christmas Tree Package. We had a wonderful time! We traveled with 3 other families, and are making it a family tradition to go back each year!

The rooms are definitely dated, but very comfortable and accomodating for our family. WE had 2 double beds in our room, and we slept 5 of us (myself, my husband, and 3 sons-- ages 3, 2 and 10 weeks old). We had plenty of room and the beds were very comfy! The room had a mini fridge (was able to hold 1/2 gallons of milk for the kids) and a coffee maker.

The pool was large and was never very busy. The pool lounge area was large and allowed even those not swimming to come and hang out. The pool was a bit chilly for my liking; I wish it had been a little warmer. The jacuzzi was divine and very inviting! There are no lifegaurds on duty.

Santa's "room" was adorable and the kids looked forward to seeing if he was there or not. On Sunday, the kids loved seeing Santa walk by the windows of the restaurant. The visitation with Santa was wonderful-- plenty of opportunity to take photos and Santa asked the kids all about what they wanted for Christmas, what their ages were, what their likes are, etc. It was very relaxed which made the kids less fearful.

Restaurant was very nice. Food was good. Plenty of options for adults and kids.

We will definitely be back next year!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank carriern428
Blackpool, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2013

We stayed for 5 nights as part of a New England tour. The owner Renee and the staff were lovely. Very warm & welcoming. Carols oatmeal (porridge) was wonderful. Just like my mum used to make. Our room was comfortable, clean and all we could want, although the beds were rather noisy. The grounds and surrounding area were beautiful. All in, we had a wonderful experience.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends