“Several Amazing Experiences”

Ranked #11 of 20 Hotels in Lincoln
New York City, New York
“Several Amazing Experiences”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

I have been to Woodward's many times in the past 4 years. My husband and I had our wedding at the resort in July of 2011 and they were extremely accommodating. From an at site wedding to breakfast the morning after the event Woodward's did it all. The people in the office are the best! The warm and friendly attitude of all the staff make you feel as if you were home. I have had many dinners with large groups and small and the food is always excellent. I plan on having many more events at Woodward's in the future and I am confident they will be a huge success. Can't wait to visit soon! C. Musty

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (145)
Fall River, Massachusetts
Reviewed August 19, 2013

We had a great experience at the resort. The amenties were above average for the area: indoor,outdoor pool, game room, playground. They have a nice outdoor patio located by the indoor pool which had great ambiance, overlooking the woods and stream. The restaurant is excellent, serving classic New England favorites. I highly recommend the prime rib and seafood casserole. We purchased the meal plan, which helped making the trip more economical. The lounge looked loike a cozy place to enjoy a cocktail. Breakfast portions were large and made with local ingredients. The rooms were clean. modern and efficient for our stay. I highly recommend the place, it is centrally located near attractions. We will be staying here again for future visits!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
Reviewed August 19, 2013

I have been going to Woodwards since I was about 7 years old. My family and I used to do weekend trips and spend most of our time at the hotel because we loved it. With the restaurant right next to the lobby, it is the perfect location with wonderful food!! Now as an adult, my boyfriend and I come here as our escape from everyday life. :) It is the perfect location no matter what you are planning to do, whether you are going hiking, to Whales Tales, to drive around and look at scenery, there is ALWAYS plenty to do!

We love this place, we recommend it to everyone we know, we speak very highly of the service we receive each & every time we call to make rsvp's and once we check in, and it is very well priced!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Lindsey L
Cornwall, New York
Reviewed August 19, 2013

My family of 5 stayed at Woodwards for a week. We had a teen, tween, and a little one. The rooms are modest, yet comfortable and clean. My kids loved the indoor pool, and my youngest loved the duck pond! What really stayed with me about Woodwards was the restaurant. We live just outside of NYC with access to many great restaurants. Well, we had issues finding a decent meal up there. Finally, after having several great meals at Woodwards, we just decided to continually dine with our hotel. Everything from eggs in the morning, to the primerib in the evening was terrific. This hotel is also centrally located to some great family activities in The White Mountains.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
Reviewed August 18, 2013

I have been staying at Woodward's nearly every year for the past 17 years. I read the reviews posted on this site and I find some extremely disturbing. If you are expecting the Ritz Carlton, you will be very disappointed. Although it is somewhat dated, it is a quaint clean resort, with friendly staff at a reasonable price. The beds are comfortable and the rooms are clean. If you find something not working properly and let the desk know, they will address the issue. Many of the guests are repeat visitors like me, and have been staying there for many years. Children return years later with their children, and quite often bring the grandparents. You will see kids feeding the ducks and watching the trout swim in the duck pond.

There is a restaurant and lounge on the property, which does close for a period of time in the off season, so you may want to ask if it is open, if you are booking a reservation. They serve breakfast and dinner. The food is good, the fish is fresh, the prime rib is fantastic and breakfast is outstanding.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
South Foxboro, Massachusetts, United States
Reviewed August 17, 2013

Greatly surprised by the the resort, didn't look like much on the outside, but the rooms are good sized, great indoor and outdoor pools. Breakfast and dinner were excellent. I would highly reccomend for families. Location right in the middle for attractions in Lincoln, Clark's Trading Post etc.

Room Tip: Traveling with familiy, room by the outside pool.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Massachusetts
Reviewed August 16, 2013

Not sure how to properly write this review given the experience, but here goes.

My first impression of Woodward's Resort was very positive from well maintained grounds and property layout. I checked in and was told I was staying in room 117 at the Inn up the road. I expressed my surprise since my confirmation was for Woodward's Resort. I was told the Inn was the Resort's sister property, no further explanation.

The Inn, "Woodward's Inn of Lincoln," looked like a motor lodge that was converted to a fully enclosed motel. It was easy to look beyond the forest green paint that was peeling, bubbling and chipped. However, the large tin can by the door into the building that was filled with water and floating cigarette butts was disgusting.

Upon entering the room, it smelled musty, so we opened the windows before leaving.
When we returned around 9:30 PM we got a more clear picture of the room:
A hole in a ceiling tile, a crack in another ceiling tile, water stained ceiling, a section of 3 tiles dislodging from the ceiling, stains on a while by the sink, more water/drip stains, dead light bulbs ( pictures added to gallery, this is not something I've made up)...I could keep going. But wait there's more, the toilet ran all night ! Despites temps falling into the 40's overnight, we ran the air conditioning to mask the intermittent running toilet.
Sad to say, the worst was actually the beds--soft and lumpy beyond belief !

Upon checking out, I asked to speak with the General Manager. She became very defensive and said she would check with maintenance regarding the condition of the room. I found that offensive, as if I was making this up. So, I showed her the pictures I took. She asked me why I didn't tell the front desk. My response was "simple, the place was fully booked besides, I didn't know it was my responsibility as the paying customer to inform you of your room's poor condition."
She apologized and offered a free night in the future. Hmmmm, not likely to take her up on it.

I booked based on high ranking on Trip Advisor as "Very Good."
Realistically, I was not expecting the same amenities as the Mountain Club On Loon despite an identical rating. However, I was not expecting what I got either.

To be fair, the room was clean, the air conditioning worked well and the shower and towels were fine as was the TV. But for $139 (before taxes) and never receiving my AAA 10% discount, this place is a total ripoff. So, I consider a rating of "poor" to be generous.

Perhaps the Resort offers a "Very Good" experience, but the Inn does not.

My advice: Make sure you are in the Resorts part of the property or you are liable to be disappointed

Room Tip: Verify that you will be staying in the Resort, and not in the Inn.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank HowieW W
Woodwards_Manager, General Manager at Woodwards Resort & Inn, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
We are sorry you did not enjoy your stay with us and do appreciate you bringing these room maintenance issues to our attention. We take great pride in making sure our rooms are in good working condition and meet the needs of our guests. These issues have all been addressed. As we discussed prior to your departure, we would have been happy to relocate you to another room if we had been informed of the challenges you were experiencing. We do hope you will come back and try us again in the future on us. Thank you.

Travelers are raving about these Lincoln hotels