We were slightly disappointed with the stay at Loon Mountain. The check in desk was not marked, so when we arrived after dark it was very difficult to figure out where it was. There must have been some kind of religious convention there and it made us feel somewhat out of place.
When we arrived and checked into the room, the key card would not work, and it took a while for it to get fixed. It would have been nice if they had offered a little "thank you for dealing with the inconvenience" by giving us a free dinner or something complimentary. There was no liquid dish soap for the dishes. It would be a good idea for the resort to let us know what type of things we might like to bring for our convenience.
Although, the room and facilities were clean, we found there to be some kind of smell that was musty and it irritated our allergies and might have ruined our trip except for the Claritin.
The high windows had vertical blinds that we could not open and so we missed the full length view of the mountain. The restaurant was very expensive, as well as the concession booth. One evening, we asked to use one of the board games in our room, but the reception desk said that the board games could not be taken to the room. The jukebox in the games room took our money and didn't play the song we requested.
Overall, we were disappointed by the resort. Especially, considering the high price. Additionally, we requested the military discount of 10%, but the reception said that there is already a 10% discount for the bill which is not related to the military discount. We were very unhappy about this, but there was nothing we could do about it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A vacationer's paradise, the beauty, hospitality and convenience of The Mountain Club on Loon is unrivaled. Nestled at the base of New Hampshire's most popular ski resort, The Mountain Club on Loon offers a delightful array of amenities and activities on-site or within a very short walk. Here you will find a luxurious spa and health club, two delightful dining options, and refreshing pool and hot tub. There's also a covered parking garage available so there's no need to worry about your vehicle during your vacation. While staying at The Mountain Club on Loon, awe-inspiring views will make your everyday world a distant memory. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Travelocity and Hotels.com so you can book your Mountain Club On Loon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mountain Club On Loon Hotel Lincoln
- Mountain Hotel On Loon
- Mountain Hotel Lincoln
- Mountain Club Loon
- Mountain Club On Loon Lincoln, NH - White Mountains