This was my family's second outing to the Mountain Club on Loon. We came back because of the location. Nothing beats waking up and walking out the door onto the slopes. The location is so good, we'd even consider buying into the whole timeshare situation here. We wont, however, due to the run-down nature of the building, the lack of staffing, and the sense that this place is on the verge of going under.
First --what is good: the location. All the rooms are efficiencies (great for families). The rooms are kept clean. There are a variety of activities including a spa, indoor pool and a pub. Now--what needs work: The staff is not trained to the level of a "resort". In some instances, they were even on the verge of being rude. ( note to hotel: a specific spa front desk person) The spa locker rooms are falling apart and not kept clean. (be sure to wear flip-flops in the locker rooms and pool area) The reservations staff were not aware of their own emailed winter special. (they overcharged the first time, and it took several days and several calls to get it right).
It was nice to see they added a breakfast with the room charge, but by 9am all the food was gone, and there was no obvious attempt to replace it (breakfast was open until 11am). Also, if you are going to advertise "stay two nights, get one free...breakfast included each morning", then you should include three breakfasts...one for each night. We were given two, with the explaination that since the last night was free, there is no free breakfast on the last morning. We found that a little deceptive, and a little cheap.
Would I return? Yes, given the right deal. If you are planning a trip to loon, especially with kids, and they are running a special, I would try them out.
Just realize it's not going to be the Ritz.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A vacationer's paradise, the beauty, hospitality and convenience of The Mountain Club on Loon is unrivaled. Nestled at the base of New Hampshire's most popular ski resort, The Mountain Club on Loon offers a delightful array of amenities and activities on-site or within a very short walk. Here you will find a luxurious spa and health club, two delightful dining options, and refreshing pool and hot tub. There's also a covered parking garage available so there's no need to worry about your vehicle during your vacation. While staying at The Mountain Club on Loon, awe-inspiring views will make your everyday world a distant memory. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz and Cancelon so you can book your Mountain Club On Loon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mountain Club On Loon Hotel Lincoln
- Mountain Hotel On Loon
- Mountain Hotel Lincoln
- Mountain Club Loon
- Mountain Club On Loon Lincoln, NH - White Mountains