“Mountain Club on Loon is the Best!”

Mountain Club On Loon
Ranked #9 of 20 Hotels in Lincoln
GreenLeadersBronze level
Northampton, Massachusetts, United States
“Mountain Club on Loon is the Best!”
Reviewed February 19, 2013

I stayed at the Mountain Club from 2/9-2/14 2013. When I first called I was greeted very pleasantly by Melissa in reservations. I could tell right away that from the friendly tone in her voice that my stay was getting off to a great start. Melissa was very helpful and informative as I wasn't sure where I would be staying that night, and a lot of the hotels in the area were sold out due to the influx of people coming to Loon for the excellent skiing conditions. She found me a room, and I liked the accommodations so much, that I extended my trip a few more days. Each day I worked with Melissa, Amanda, Cassie, Stacey, Brad, Chris, Kim, and Scott in finding me the best accommodations I've ever encountered. I travel frequently for business; staying in places from The Lodge in Vail, to the Stardust in South Lake Tahoe. Nothing compares to the experience I had at the Mountain club. Each staff member from Mike Simons who manages resevations; to the ladies that run the spa: Andrea, Stacey, and Ruth was extremely helpful and courteous. Also, the houseman from Ghostbuster Mike, to all the cleaning staff was exceptional. I had the pleasure of meeting the General Manager of the Hotel Jeff Mciver, and you can tell his staff is a representation of his personality, as everyone I encountered was very helpful, informative, and accommodating. I want to work here! (ha-ha). In terms of location, you can ski in ski out and enjoy a spa equipped with an outdoor hot tub, sauna, and steam room in each of the Men/Women's locker room; as well as manicures for the ladies, and massages for whoever. Kelly, and the whole staff in the Black Diamond Grill Lounge were exceptional. The guys in the Shred Shed; Joe, and Shawn are on top of their products and I bought a pair of Oakley googles which rule. The guys in the tunning shop: Tyler, Leaf, and steve also are awesome. Also the Paul Bunyon room with Leslie, Gunnar, and the rest of the staff. So bring your kids, bring your grandparents, and bring your good times, as this place knows how to put the F back in FUN!

Follow me at: kfly4000.com
-Korey

Room Tip: I enjoyed staying on the river side of the building oppostie the mountain side, as I enjoyed a balco...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank kfly4000
MCOL-GM, General Manager at Mountain Club On Loon, responded to this review, March 9, 2013
Tahnk you for an aboslutely amazing review. Our entire team is honored to have served you and how you made everyone feel special. Please thnik of us next time you wish to head to The Mountains. Sincerely yours, The Mountain Club Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (151)
Reviewed February 13, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the Mountain Club for 3 nights using our boston.com deal. We had a 1 bdrm suite with kitchen, balcony, and 2 baths. It was absolutely perfect for our family of four. It was spotless and had everything we could possibly need. There is a great pool, arcade, fitness center, restaurant, and spa all on site. We never once had to leave the resort for anything, everything was right there. We asked and received a slopeside room. It was perfect to watch our kids ski by and our son loved watching the groomers. We hope to be back again soon!

• Stayed February 2013
2 Thank Anmi811
Thank you for your positive review regarding your stay at The Mountain Club on Loon. We are delighted to read of your experience. It is an honor to serve you and we appreciate you allowing us to do so. Please think of us when you wish to head to the mountains. Be well, The Mountain Club Team.
Stratham, New Hampshire
Reviewed January 28, 2013

I’ll try to address my perspective on some of the issues of the prior posters.

This is the first time we have been to Loon in half a dozen years. The hotel does not have a “grand” lobby, but hey, we’re not here for the lobby.

We got a “suite”: two adjoining rooms, one with a king and a bath with a Jacuzzi, the other with a bath, kitchen, dining table and two Murphy beds in a top floor room with a cathedral ceiling and a small deck. The fit and finish of the rooms looked fresh. We asked for a full sized coffee pot instead of the little dinky one and they found one for us. The bed was a little firm for our taste and the couches, very firm.

We were there mid week. There was virtually no one there. We requested and received a room with a mountain view. We love watching the sno cats grooming the mountain and laying down perfect corduroy for the next day and didn’t mind the “purring” for a couple hours as they go by!

Ok here’s a picky thing in case they are reading: How about a sponge for the sink instead of a brillo pad? Really, when was the last time you used a brillo pad?

The ski storage is literally steps from the snow, and just a 100 yard ride to the gondola. Very easy and convenient. The indoor parking is a real treat. Bring the luggage cart right to the car and the elevator serving your portion of the hotel.

The spa facilities are very nice. Excellent locker room with inside Jacuzzi, steam room, sauna, showers and lockers. Looks newly done. The only downside is the small outside Jacuzzi, only for 8 people. We had it to ourselves for a few minutes but then it filled up, so be prepared to get cozy! Sitting outside in the Jacuzzi with the snow falling, sublime.
Very big inside pool and pool deck.

We brought food to prepare in the room so I can’t comment about the bar or restaurant. The restaurant was empty and the bar had a couple tables of patrons. Yikes, tough way to run a hotel.

4 Thank JonathanCalypso
Thank you for visiting us at The Mountain Club on loon. Your truthly felt comments are greatly appreciated. Our location is our biggest assett for skiers and you certainly identified it to the tee. We hope you will visit us and Loon Mountain next time you wish to ski new Hampshire. Today as I write this, the sun is high in a clear blue sky and the snow is deep, perfect ski morning indeed. Hope to serve you again, The Mountain Club Team.
Boxborough
Reviewed January 27, 2013

On Jan 10th we ventured to Loon Mountain for an overnight stay. As a prior customer we always have had pleasant experience's. Loon Mountain Club not only has easy access to Loon Mountain but the rooms are always clean and comfortable and the staff are always informative and courteous.

We did not arrive to our room until early evening only to find the heat was not working, nor was the phone. We ventured to the lobby and were quite please that within 10 minutes the manager, Mike Simons, came to respond. Having travelled often and as former consultant specializing in customer service...I was pleasantly surprised that not only did the manager of the facility respond..but did so quite promptly.
Mike aplogized for the inconvenience and informed us to venture to the hotel pub as appetizers and a round of drinks were on the facility... while the crew worked the issue. Mike, the bartender ( I know...both named Mike!), was great...quick round of drinks to warm us up and round of appetizers (good food!) as well. The manager, Mike Simons..returned in less than 30 minutes and informed us that bad news was such the heat could not be corrected but the good news...we were to be upgraded to a full suite located on the same floor so as not to inconvenience us. Our original booking was only for the standard King room..not the suite package!
And Mike Simons went one step further...we had planned a day of skiing /Spa the following day and he graciously allowed us to retain our room with a late stay checkout.. at no additional charge.
There is a Malayan Proverb that states, "One can pay back the loan of gold, but one dies forever in debt to those who are kind".
Mike went above and beyond the call of duty and with that gained not only our gratitude but we will always do our best to make Loon Mountain Club our NH destination.

Room Tip: The rooms with view of the Mountain are best...and if you want a balcony just remember to ask for a...
2 Thank Rita L
Thank you for visiting us at The Mountain Club on Loon. We are always honored to serve you and hope you will think of us next time you vacate to relax. Thank you for your kind words regarding one of our managers. Your review is greatly appreciated by our entire team. Be well, The Mountain Club on Loon Hospitality Team.
Milton, Massachusetts
Reviewed January 21, 2013

I found the hotel to be outdated and in need of a makeover. Overall it was very clean, but it looked very much like it was built in the late 1980s and not remodeled since. The price was not cheap, so I guess we were paying for the location. It is slope side and very convenient to ski in and out during the day.

The rooms were sold as a suite, but it is really a studio kitchenette with fold down murphy bed and then a separate hotel style room. Bathrooms were clean and nice, but they do not offer conditioner. For the price, I felt the hotel could offer conditioner and a bit better soap/shampoos. Also, I do recommend a review of the pillows, they were so full I couldn't use them because my neck hurt after the first night.

They have lockers at the end of the hall for you to keep your equipment in and covered parking. The staff was friendly and nice. I do think the Manager's desk in the lobby looks messy and should be cleaned up to remove all the papers or moved to back of house.

Our stay included the breakfast buffet which was good. The plates in the stack though seemed dirty and two mornings I had to point out to the staff that several in the stack were covered with food from the dishwasher.

The restaurant for lunch/dinner was overall mediocre and could have offered more choices on food. I think they can update the menu and overhaul the restaurant a bit.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Colleen W
MCOL-GM, General Manager at Mountain Club On Loon, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Thank for visiting the Mountain Club and for taking the time to share your comments. We are always honored to have you as our guest. We are sorry that we fell short of your expectations. We continually improve our Slopeside property and in fact have spent $9 million in the past five years updating our rooms, hallways, spa, function rooms and restaurants. We would welcome the opportunity to discuss your thoughts in more detail as we have additional renovations planned. During your travels, please feel comfortable and request from any Innkeeper such things as a different pillow or hair conditioner. It is always our pleasure to honor such guest’s requests. Thank you for the reminder on keeping my desk more presentable during the day but I also sit in the lobby so that guests will feel comfortable to approach me about any concerns they have with our operations. . We hope you will allow us an opportunity to serve you in the future, please have safe travels. Also, feel free to contact me directly. Sincerely yours, Jeff McIver, 800 229 7829.
Boston, MA
Reviewed January 15, 2013

Upon arrival of the hotel everything was average, pulled up to hotel, no assistance with luggage or ski equiptment, not a huge deal but for 275 a night I would have expected some assistance. I had requested a room located near another couple my girlfriend and I were traveling with, initially they had us blocked on two different floors, but made changes and had us on the same floor.

The layout of the rooms was very strange, there was a main door and then inside two seperate doors to two different rooms, most likely a king and a double if a family wanted to connect. Thankful nobody stayed in the room next to us or it could have been awkward. The room itself was average, they still use a comforter on the bed which also grosses me out, everybody knows those things don't get washed. There was hair on the bathroom floor and pee stains on the toilet when I lifted up the seat.

I asked the front desk where the ski lockers were locate and he said I would need to go back outside and down the hill. We ended up keeping our equiptment on the balcony off our room, I still am not sure where the storage lockers are. I also asked the desk if they had refrigerators available for use which they didn't not, again not a huge deal.

The bar in the restaurant was decent with food and service and nice rustic decor. The breakfast buffet we enjoyed both mornings was propbably the best part of my stay, great price value, also had omelet station on Sunday morning. The pool/spa area was also nice, although the outdoor hot tub was tiny and people were waiting and staring at you to leave once you got in.

On Sunday, I attempted to get a late check out but was told by the front desk that they never allow anybody to stay after 12:00, however the other couple we were traveling with was granted a 2:00 check out the night prior. Annoying! The hotel was maybe half full and they should have been able to accomodate a late check out if the rest of our party got one.

Can't beat the ski in, ski out location of the property, the only thing that probably keeps them in business, that and the breakfast buffett!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
MCOL-GM, General Manager at Mountain Club On Loon, responded to this review, January 19, 2013
Happy New Year, we are very sorry to read of your experience while being our guests at The Mountain Club Resort and Spa. Your comments are special and we have addressed each of them. We would have preferred to have had the opportunity to deal with them while you were our guests. We only hope you will allow us an opportunity to serve you in the future. Please feel free to conttact me directly, Sincerely yours Jeff McIver, 800 229 7829.
Toulouse, France
Reviewed January 12, 2013

Our family stayed in the Mountain Club on Loon. This hotel is perfectly organized for the family who loves to ski with the ability to include lift tickets at the time of reservation! The hotel has direct ski-on access to Loon Mountain with easy to access to lockers for equipment. We stayed in a two room suite that had a full kitchen. In addition, there is an excellent pool and hot tub for apres skiing. We had outstanding service; we were impressed by all of the hotel employees. In addition, our kids used the game room. My husband and I liked the lounge. We had access to wifi during our stay. We loved the underground parking - very convenient for loading and unloading equipment.

Room Tip: Some rooms have views of the mountain and skiing; the other side of the building have rooms overlook...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
MCOL-GM, General Manager at Mountain Club On Loon, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Thank you for your very kind words regarding your recent visit to The Mountain Club Resort and Spa. The entire staff appreciates your time spent with us as we are always honored to serve you. We look forward to your next visit and remain sincerely yours, The Mountain Club Team.