“Five Star Surprise”

Mountain Club On Loon
Ranked #9 of 20 Hotels in Lincoln
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed December 3, 2012

I had just driven up from Boston for a Friday day of skiing. The skiing was so good I decided I would see if I could get a room and do it for a couple of more days. Loon Mountain Club had a great Ski & Stay package that was very reasonable. Cassie was great at the front desk checking me in and before I was even able to get to the elevator Mike Simons greeted me and welcomed me to Loon – he left me his card and told me if there was anything I needed don’t hesitate to give him a call.
I arrived to my room and what a pleasant surprise. A stunning view, private deck, spacious areas with over sized furniture, just the opposite that I was expecting. The piece de resistance was a hot tub in the bathroom. This made for an exceptional first hour of the morning during my stay.
Another great amenity is you step out of your room and on to the slopes – ski in and ski out access sure beats hauling your gear a half-mile to get to the lifts.
Kim was at the front desk first thing every morning with a freshly brewed cup of coffee waiting for me. The General Manager of the resort Jeff McIver has his workstation right in the resort lobby and it will be difficult for any guest to stay at Loon Mountain without having Jeff extend you a warm welcome, a sign of true hospitality. I had a delightful dinner at The Black Diamond Restaurant; again I was pleasantly surprised at the exceptional quality of the food and service. The only other time I have had fine dining like this at a ski resort was at Deer Valley and this was every bit as good. Everything about The Loon Mountain Club was outstanding and I can highly recommend it to anyone.

Room Tip: Regency Floor
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
MCOL-GM, General Manager at Mountain Club On Loon, responded to this reviewResponded December 14, 2012

Thank you so much for your positive comments regarding your recent visit to The Mountain Club on Loon. The Mountain Club's Hospitality Team is always honored to serve you. We hope you will think of The Mountain Club next time you wish to vacate for great skiing and relaxation. Have a great holiday season and a marvelous 2013. Team Mountain Club!

Reviewed November 22, 2012

For anyone who has NOT had the pleasure of dining at The Mountain Club lately, you are in for an experience that rivals the very best in New Hampshire . The Staff is remarkable, from
the time we were greeted, we were pampered, and most welcome.

Thanksgiving dinner was EXCETIONAL!...Kudos to the Chef! Couldn't resist trying the Salmon, and it was as good as I've ever experienced. Melissa deserves a raise!!!!!! If we still had our restaurant, I would do my best to steal her away! Total Professional who knows about going the extra mile.
I don't normally review restaurants, but The Mountain Club has really 'Kicked up their Game', and you should allow yourself the pleasure of a meal here!

The best dining experience I have had in a long time... We will be going back for Christmas Dinner and for New Year's....
A big 'Thank You' to the Management & Staff !

Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
MCOL-GM, General Manager at Mountain Club On Loon, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2012

THANK YOU so much for your positive comments regrading our Thanksgiving dinner here at The Mountain Club on Loon. Thank you for the opportunity as we are honored to serve you, and we hope to see you again soon. Have a safe and happy Holiday Season. The Mountain Club on Loon's Hospitaltiy Team.

Reviewed October 20, 2012

We had a great long weekend at the Mountain Club on Loon. The kids LOVED the Zip Line and my husband and I did as well. Lots to do there, and we enjoyed it all! Our studio room with a kitchenette was very nice. The staff were extremely nice and helpful. We even got an inside scoop on some secret hikes!

Room Tip: Our family of four slept in the studio very comfortably.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
MCOL-GM, General Manager at Mountain Club On Loon, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2012

Thank you for your kind words regarding your recent visit to The Mountain Club on Loon. Children enjoying a famly vacation is a special thing and we are honored that it occurred with you and your family right here at Loon. We hope you have many more such moments. Please feel free to come and visit us often, until then be safe and have happy holidays. The Mountain Club on Loon.

Reviewed October 17, 2012 via mobile

Beautiful view and wedding ceremony area. I enjoyed my stay and visited with family in the spacious suites . Nice banquet facilities, friendly staff& nice eating . Take a gondola ride to the top even if there is no snow !!

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank Gallupify

Thank you for your nice review of your visit to The Mountain Club on Loon. The views from the Gondola are second to none, it was great that you made the trip. Glad you enjoyed our food as the culinary and service professionals take great pride in providing the best. We hope you have nice holidays and will return someday soon. The Mountain Club on Loon Hospitality Team.

Reviewed October 17, 2012

this was a great resort. food was excellent. its so big i got lost and had to have help getting back to my room. great view from my balcony. employees were great. took a gondola ride. totally enjoyed it

Room Tip: all thr ooms are nice
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank dustytoes

Thank you for visiting us at The Mountain Club on Loon. We are delighted that you enjoyed your visit to Loon Mountain. Chef Holland and staff are extremely proud of their culinary delights. Your comments are greatly appreciated. We hope you will think of us next time you decide to travel. Be safe and have happy holidays. The Mountain Club on Loon.

Reviewed October 16, 2012

According to the review from the New York Times 'The Mountain Club on Loon' was recently renovation with upwards of 9 million dollars spent, and I'd like to know where. We had taken the trip down to Lincoln for the fall foliage, and ended up in one of the suites. The hotel was well kept in appearances but it had the worst old building smell, we had to go down to the local grocery store and get room spray. The room was large but not whatsoever modern, there were two beds that folded out of the wall and a bed spread that hadn't been updated in 20 years, good thing we had the other room with a normal bed or we would have left. To get almost anywhere else in the hotel you had to go outside, which made it difficult with their lack of signage. There was a wedding going on that weekend which is completely understandable as to why they were so busy, but the bar staff was rude and they were out of a great deal of basic liqueur. The drink special they were running that night they were out of by 7:30! You would've thought in such a large place they would be able to plan ahead better. The thermostat in our room was either locked out or broken as well, it read 74 degrees and felt like 60, we couldn't get it warm. On the plus side they had an awesome view of the mountains, in which we could see from the balcony, and the gondola. Their food was very good, and I wish we would've taken the time to use the spa because at first glance it was beautiful. Unfortunately I think we may have set our sights a little too high given all the boasting on here, it's not a place I would recommend or return to.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Candice G

Thank you for visiting us at The Mountain Club on Loon. We are sorry to read your words describing your time with us. At first I thought you must have stayed at another location. Yes, the property continues to be renovated, all the guest rooms have been completed, meeting rooms are in progress as is the Health Club and Spa. By December, there will have been well over $12M in renovations completed. Again, we are sorry and can only hope you will contact me next time you wish to travel through The White Mountains of New Hampshire. Sincerely, Jeff McIver GM

Reviewed October 10, 2012

The Mountain Club on Loon is superb !! Scenic views, architecture that matches the view, comfortable clean rooms and plenty of amenities like pool, spa, and tram to the peak. Had great meals at the restuarant. But best of all is the staff. Immediate eye contact, big smiles and professional service all the way from everyone we encountered. This is our second stay. We will be back for more !!

Don Campbell
Pepperell, MA

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Don C

Good day, Thank you for your positive comments regading your stay with us at The Mountain Club on Loon. Thank you for choosing to visit our eautiful area in The White Mountain National Forest. Our hospitlaity team takes great pride in how we earn our livings, so your vacation experience is dear to us and our families. Hope you will think of next time you decide to travel. Have safe and happy holidays from The Mountain Club on Loon.