“Perfect place for any occasion”
Review of Indian Head Resort

Indian Head Resort
Ranked #7 of 20 Hotels in Lincoln
Reviewed January 9, 2009

We had our Daughters Wedding here on June 21, 2008. They are so accommodating with everything from the setting up to decorating, rehearsal, appointments (hair, make-up, etc.), our guest accommodations, the DJ. Our events co-ordinator Heidi Larson is amazing! She kept everything on schedule and was there for anything you could possilbly need. We had the wedding outside at the Gazebo and it rained in the morning but thankfully the sun came out around noon and the wedding was at 3:30. They had to set up all the chairs last minute and they did a wonderful job. We of course could have used an indoor room that they have available just in case of inclement weather. The food is phenomenal we had the buffet and they made sure that everyone had more than enough to eat. The resort is a great place for any occasion but this is the perfect place for a wedding the pictures all came out beautiful with the lovely background of the resort there is not one bad picture inside or out as the banquet rooms have floor to ceiling windows and the lovely grounds of the resort shows indoors as well. The staff at the Indian Head are exceptional they go above & beyond. They have a shuttle service for any guests that are not staying at the hotel and would shuttle our guest from area hotels to the resort at any time. I truly can not put in words what a exceptional wonderful place/staff this is! We are booking this years stay there for our daughters anniversary and we have 30 of the guests returning with us. Everyone had such a nice time and can't wait to return.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Indian Head Resort

Reviewed January 5, 2009

What a wonderful time we enjoyed at the Resort. We were truly sad to leave and had no idea how great our vacation was really going to be. With bad weather and traffic leaving Montreal we were sceptical about our decision to even leave and make the 3.5 hour drive but we were truly glad we did once we arrived! Actually, we only experienced some bad driving conditions in QC, some heavy traffic getting out of the city and some very scary windy and icy conditions thankfully only through the notch (exits 34 A-C) but for the most part our drive was not so bad and it only took us an extra hour despite all that.

We arrived around 6:30 pm, checked in and headed back out in search of some dinner, after some suggestions to check the Woodstock station (closed for holidays) or the Chinese Restaurant nearby which we did and enjoyed our dinners and then headed back full and tired and happy to unload and check out the rooms. Boy were we pleasantly surprised! Large rooms, king AND double beds, mini fridge and 50” TV with HBO movies – we settled down and even though we were on the first night said to ourselves, we never want to leave!

I must say that the additions and upgrades you have done are a tremendous asset for visitors especially those traveling with families and larger ones with 3 kids, like ours. So often we find ourselves cramped in small hotel rooms and with the 2 double beds and crib and we have no where to move. Your rooms are EXTRA large and so unique to have a king for us adults and a double for the kids and still plenty of room for the crib and even lots more room to move around. These sleeping arrangements were truly a welcomed treat. We were especially grateful to have this all available to us, as we spent a good deal of Christmas day relaxing, napping (we never get to do that at home!), playing board games and watching movies in the room.

That brings me to a whole different feature of your resort - the TV’s WOW – what else can I say? They are wonderful and all the channels made our vacation a breeze! Having the fridge in the room helped us as we were able to keep milk, snacks and fruit for the kids particularly when we knew Dec 24 and 25th would be difficult to find food. We also enjoyed a great breakfast buffet Christmas morning which offered great value and choices for us all. We snacked our way through lunch and headed out to try another Chinese restaurant near the mountain which was equally as good as the other one.

The next day we headed out to Tilton to do some outlet shopping and extended the trip to Concord to stop at Target (we love Target and don’t have any close by so we went a little further before heading back to our “Indian Head” home! Great deals out there and no tax – what could be better? The next day we took the kids to Littleton to visit Chutter’s and get some candy of course and then we headed off to Santa’s Village before heading home.

The kids even got to swim in the outdoor pool and they just couldn’t believe that we were letting them swim outside in the middle of the snow and were so pleased to have had that opportunity. I am sure they are talking about it at school today as they headed back!

You should also be very proud of all the staff at Indian Head for being so kind and friendly and especially to those who had to work through the holidays. Everything and everyone was handled beautifully! I think an extra thank you should go to Anna in the dining room who served us Christmas morning when we made it to buffet just before they closed and helped us to get what we needed before there was no more food left. She even helped us with the kids and made that extra effort that made us feel special. She was truly a gem! I think my only regret is that we did not come at a time where the dinning room was open for dinner to get to have some of our favourite Indian pudding, but we will be back and soon I hope!!!

I never would have thought that 3 nights at Indian Head could have left us feeling as refreshed, as happy as we were and my kids were super excited. We sincerely left feeling like we left our own vacation home even though it was just 3 nights and we really can’t wait to come back!

Stayed: December 2008, traveled with family
3  Thank momofthreeMontreal
Reviewed December 15, 2008

My family booked 3 lake view rooms at the Indaian Head Resort
this past Oct. I just got off the phone booking a family getaway for tDec School vacation week. WE booked the same 3 rooms.
for a total of 6 adults and four children. We had a wonderful time, the rooms are clean and spacious with balcony facing the mountain a lake. it was very relaxing to sit out on the balcony early in the morning with my coffee watching people fish. the view is spactacular. While i was enjoying my quite time the kids were watching a disney show on the large HDTV. they also have kids activities in the evening. which was really nice because the dining room was busy and we were put on a waiting list , the kids went into the greenery for the activities while we waited at the bar for our table, it was easy to go back and forth to check on the kids. They are very family friendly and made us feel at home
We took the meal plan package which offered a breakfast buffet and off the menu for dinner which only cost each family 60.00 aday. Both the outdoor and indoor pools are big and heated with the hottubs nearby,
we had such a good time. My kids had a great time and can't wait to go back after christmas.

Stayed: October 2008
1  Thank DianaWatertownMass
Reviewed November 13, 2008

First let me say, WE make our time away a good experience not the place we stay at. We have stayed at the best place and had a terrible time and stayed at the worst and had a great time.

We read others reviews and figured to give it a try anyways. We would not stay there again because there are too many better choices out there for the money.
We arrived after the check-in time and our room wasn't ready. There also was another person waiting for their room to be cleaned as well. We had a lake view room, ground level. The floor was very spongy in front of the door inside the room. The ads state recently renovated- not this room---no way. Bathroom ceiling tile was sagging and stained, no big deal except it was an example of one of the many "little" things that added to the place as being run down and needing updating. Two beds----with very old mattresses; sagging and a bit lumpy. One of the mattresses kept falling through the frame. Personally I was embarrassed, we haven't been away for years and this was supposed to be a relaxing vacation for us. My wife was great about it. I felt terrible. I asked if she wanted to take a room "across the street" she said lets wait a bit and see. The restaurant ------the food was fair at best, service was minimal and surly, I felt the menu was overpriced for the quality of the food we were served. Priced like a higher-end rest. but it wasn't. We ate there twice, once the first night and lastly for the breakfast buffet. Both times we were asked if we were on the "meal plan" and when we said "no" the attitude changed slightly. The breakfast buffet ended earlier that it was supposed to and the food was dried out and old; what was left of the food. The buffet was a good analogy of the entire place....old, not maintained , and overpriced for what you actually got. We ended up staying in our original room; it was warm and my wife liked the view, she is why we have a good time no matter where we go. On our last night we noticed ants coming out from under the toilet, I shoved toilet paper in the space between the floor and the bottom of the toilet, we didn't report this until checkout only because we didn't want to move to another room our last night there. Lots of activities available but you have to find them for yourself. The front desk was extremely friendly, great people, but the food staff had an attitude like they didn't want to be there. I saw an advert saying they were know for their great food.......not.
Good for senior citizen tours.........

Reviewed November 1, 2008

We stayed here for one night, and I will never go back. The place was utterly filthy and run down. There was mold in our shower, and I refused to walk on the carpet barefoot. There was a huge hole inside the crooked closet, and I wouldn't be surprised if there were rodents in the room. I have never seen anything that bad in my life. What a DUMP! They should invest in some room upgrades before they spent the money getting 50" plasmas in every room. DO NOT WAST YOUR MONEY!

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ols617
Reviewed October 24, 2008

Our family stopped at the Indian Head Resort for a 3 day Colombus Day weekend getaway. The check in went very smooth and the front desk staff were helpful and informative. We upgraded to the meal plan as our 2 kids got to stay & eat free with my wife and I taking the meal plan. When we got to our room, which had a nice view of the lake in the back of the main building, our kids took one look at the large screen HDTV and declared this to be the best place we had ever stayed at. We went down to the pool for a quick swim before dinner
and discovered that the outdoor pool was still open - in fact it stays open all year. It was a beautiful crisp fall afternoon and it wasgreat to soak in an outdoor pool and hot tub while admiring the wonderful NH foliage. On to dinner, food was very good, service was fast and friendly and the kids like ordering off their very own kids menu. There was entertainment in the lounge that sounded pretty good, but the kids couldn't wait to get back to that TV and so, being tired from our trip up we all went back to the room and just kicked back and watched a movie together.

The next morning we started our day with a great buffet breakfast and then headed out for a day of sightseeing, trip to an apple orchard and some shopping in Tilton, the resort had a coupon book for the outlet stores and we found some good bargains. Back to the resort for another good dinner and evening of watching the Red Sox on HDTV(don't get me started!).

Same routine the following day, the weather was perfect, walked through the Flume, which is just up the road from Indian Head then did the Franconia Notch highway - very scenic. Then over to North Conway for more shopping and a train ride that the kids got a big kick out of.

Our third full day we spent most of the day at the resort, more swimming in the indoor and outdoor pools, the kids loved the game room, the paddleboats on the lake then a quick ride to Loon (very close to the resort) to check out an Octoberfest they were doing.

I have to say this was a great motel to use as a "base camp" for our vacation. Close to everything we wanted to do and see and PLENTY to keep the kids occupied, great room and accomodations . We had a great time and will be back again - in fact the kids have been begging to go back every
weekend!

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed October 13, 2008

My husband and I wanted to go to the Lincoln area with our two kids for Columbus Day Weekend. We wanted a 2 room unit, an indoor pool, a playground, and close to Clarks. this place fit those needs. I read reviews, most of which were pretty grim. We decided to risk it and booked a cottage. When I called I was told the ones on the same side as the main hotel were $30 more a night because they were remodeled. We chose to go with the more expensive remodeled cottage. Well...if our unit (unit # 3) was updated I would hate to see the ones that were not!! The livingroom was OK...small but adequate. It had a fake eather couch, 2 office type chairs, a tv, tiny fridge and a propane fireplace. the rug was ugly. The bedroom...well, it was so small the full size bed was pushed against the wall and was still cramped. the mattress was so old, it drooped on one side and i almost fell out of bed several times. The bed itself was so creaky if my husband or I moved an inch it made so much noise it woke the kids. We did manage to fit a pack and play at the foot of the bed..it was squooshed between the bed and the wall. our older son slept on the pull out couch in the livingroom. We had to keep the door open all night in order to have the heat from the fireplace. The bathroom was completely unacceptable!! The floor was all rotted, there was a hole the size of a half dollar and light came up through it during the day. The floor was also soft, and we were scared we were going to fall through it. It was like walking on a sponge. The sink leaked underneath. The shower curtain was only a thin fabric which allowed water to come out into the bathroom...no wonder the floor was rotted! the toilet leaned due to soft floor. Fortunately the rest of the resort was better than this cottage.
The outdoor pool is so nice, even with the 55 degree weather we still swam outside. It was nice to have the foliage of the mountaisn in view. The indoor pool was ok...nice temp, not too chilly.
The grounds were gorgeous...loved the pond with the boats, the swingsetwas adequate. The game room was ok, and the gift shop was fine.
We decided to try the restaurant saturday night. At 7 we were told it would be a 30 min wait. we put our name down. 40 min later we went and asked how much longer, we were told we could be seated now. We were seated. There were at least 8 empty tables so i think we may have just been forgotten. we waited 10 min at our table and a waitress never came. I went to the hostess and asked if we had a waitress. Again, we waited 5 min and no one came. We left. What a waste of an hour!! Our 2 yr old was beyond fussy by then so we had to get in the car and find a convenience store in Lincoln center for snacky type food for dinner. I realize they were busy but that was so not cool!
Since we liked the ground, the pools, and the location so much I would consider trying this place again. next time I would stay in the hotel itself. I really wish they would invest some money in the cottages. I didn't expect anything fancy but a place that is clean and safe would have been nice.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled with family