“Great Resort for Summer and Winter”
Review of Indian Head Resort

Indian Head Resort
Ranked #7 of 20 Hotels in Lincoln
Reviewed September 26, 2008

I had previously spent two weekends at Indian Head in the summer before I went there this winter to do some skiing. The hotel is very nice. Our parking spot was directly in front of our room making it easy to bring in our ski gear from the cold car. The room had a front door as well as a patio slider in the back. It was very clean inside with a nice television and clean bathroom. The resort is located within a 20 minute drive to three great mountains for skiing (Loon, Cannon and Waterville Valley) and it also provides discounted tickets to all of those (I think I received five dollars off per ticket). The scenery just from the parking lot is breathtaking with a great view of the Indian Head rock outcrop (of course) and many of the other White Mountains and their natural beauty. There is a lookout tower located on the site you can climb to get an even better view which is pretty neat and unique. Getting to the resort is very convenient as it is located about 3 minutes off of I-93.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Write a ReviewReviews (1,173)

Reviewed September 20, 2008

When my friends and I first arrived at the Indian Head Resort we were shocked at the wonderful view that we were greeted by. This resort was put in the best place in all of New Hampshire because of the beauty that was surrounding it. A beautiful lake in the back with mountains all around, and from the front of the resort you could get a great view of the Indian Head profile on a mountain. As we walked inside we were helped by a very nice man at the front desk. He booked us a room on the lakeview side and hoped that we enjoyed our stay. After getting settled in our room, we went across the street to play tennis at the tennis court, but on the way we stopped to look at some of the bungalows. We called the front desk and they sent someone over to show us one. The man who got there to show us cabins said that the front desk says that "it's like camping with HBO" for the cabins that aren't fixed up yet. The man showed us a cabin that was fixed up and it looked like a really nice cottage that someday we might stay in. So after a long day of playing tennis and after our walk around the lake, we wanted to kick back and lay down in our nice compfy beds. But once we turned on the 50 in. TVs, we felt like we were in heaven. Not only were these TVs huge, but they also were high definition, and they had high definition quality, it was so nice. The food in the dining room was very good and we got to enjoy it with an entertainer in the lounge. On the last day of our stay, we were so sad that we had to go home. The Indian Head Resort was a wonderful stay, and I would reccomend this to anybody! When next summer comes, we would love to go back there again.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 8, 2008

After paying $30 more a night than originally expected I woke up the next morning to find I had been sleeping in the previous occupants vomit! Didn't even get an apology, never mind a refund. It's been 2 days and I still haven't been able to talk to a manager about this. Next time I'll sleep in the woods and take my chances with the bears, at least it's cleaner. The cabins smell like they haven't been cleaned in decades and there's mold in the shower. It's great that they advertise flat screen tvs and cable but unless you're watching it with nose plugs it doesn't matter. Maybe they should've taken the money for all those tv's and put it into cleaning the rooms.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 6, 2008

I recently stayed at Indian Head for a week with family and friends. After hearing many great things about this property and seeing the pictures online we decided to book a bungalow, which is said to sleep 6-8 comfortably. We were greeted by a very friendly woman at the front desk who allowed us to check in early, but she made it a point to let us know that if we decide not to stay the whole time, we would be responsible to pay for our entire stay. I now know why she said that..Upon arriving at our bungalow, I was alittle disappointed at the outside, all run down and covered with spider webs. Once walking inside, I was speechless and wanted to cry. The inside was gross, mold on the ceilings and in the bathroom, bathroom floor had a slope to it, as did the beds and there was a very strong odor throughout. We were advised when booking that the bungalows were "rustic" but this was disgusting. Inside looked absolutely nothing like the pictures posted online and if actual pictures were posted online we would have never stayed here. Nevermind the fact that there is no way 6 of us would have been comfortable in there. Upon calling the front desk to see if anything nicer was available before we packed up and left, we were advised there was only one other unit available that would fit us all that we could take but it was going to cost us alot more than we had already shelled out for this vacation. We were able to see the other unit before agreeing to it and it was much nicer, although not worth all the extra money but at that point we really had no option as we would be paying for something regardless of whether we stayed there or not. We had to call at 9pm for towels, toilet paper and trash removal as housekeeping left it on the lawn all day and we did not want animals gettings into it..the maintenance man came right out and was very nice about it. The chlorine was very overwhelming at the indoor pool and was burning our eyes so much we had to get out. The kids really enjoyed the bingo and ice cream social as well as the fishing. Overall, the people were very nice and helpful with our request to change rooms but the property was very dated and run down and for the amount of money we paid, I dont feel it was worth it. Our next vacation to NH will not be at Indian Head.

Reviewed September 1, 2008

This is no resort!! My husband I booked our stay after looking at the website (which is incredibly misleading!!). When we arrived we were not impressed with how run down the property looks. Our room was in the back of a run down building in need of some serious repair. The room itself stunk of mildew and the carpet was filthy. The bathroom was full of mold with tiles falling out of the shower walls and black mold on the ceiling. The shower curtain was gross and smelly. The 50 inch plasma TV was nice but the money spent on the TV should have been invested in fixing the rooms.The hotel offered us another room which was equally as gross and we demanded our money back. We found a spotless room at the Comfort Inn in Lincoln and enjoyed our vacation there mold free.I would not recommend the Indian Head resort to anyone looking for a clean resort!!!

Reviewed August 15, 2008

After finding the resort website online, I eagerly called to book our family of four for three nights. My husband and I really wanted a room with a whirlpool but, since nothing was available our first nite, we stayed in a cabin. I was told that the cabins were rustic. Well, the mattresses were saggy and stinky as were the pillows. The shower curtain had mildew on it and the toilet had pieces of wood under it!!! The miniblinds were dirty and broken. Rustic my foot! Yuck is more like it!
Also, I could hear route 93 at night as it is very close.
Dinner was "neutral" at best. Breakfast was fine. Dining room could use some updates.
We hoped for the best for nights number two and three. I booked a room with a whirlpool bath. Well, it was only for one person (we had hoped it would fit two) and the jets had mildew in them! The front desk offered to clean the tub after I complained but, really, it should have been done! After this, we checked out.
The only thing we liked was the pools and outdoor whirlpool. They were clean and toasty warm. We did not have the chance to try the paddle boats.
They rave about the large HDTV in each room but personally, who cares! Invest the time and money in cleaning and updating.

Reviewed August 9, 2008

Had the pleasure of having a fish hook embedded in my daughters foot as she attempted to go to the bathroom at 3am. while i tried to remove it from her foot and the rug I was cut Asked the front desk to check for additional hooks in rug the very next day my wife was pierced by a fish hook that was placed in the middle of the bathroom doorway. great place to stay if you want to be injured. Stay away.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)