Made reservations here because we couldn't get one at any of the other places we usually stay. I was pleasantly surprised considering the reviews some people left saying it was in need of updates. Our room looked as though it was updated. Yes the main resort part could use an updating, especially the lounge and restaurant area. It does have the cheesy indoor/outdoor carpeting someone else mentioned on the stairs and walkway going up to rooms and on the balcony but I didn't mind it too much it looks like it's kept clean on the balconies. Also there was no smoking in the room or on the balcony in case you smoke.
We stayed across the street in the notchbrook section on the second level. The room was very clean and it had a great 50 inch TV a fridge a microwave and a coffee maker. Beds were comfortable and it was nice and quiet on this side of the resort. The bathroom although it wasn't very big it was very clean and had an additional sink and vanity area outside the bathroom. The room was really a good size compared to some places I've stayed. I think most people with kids stay in the main section close to everything.
We didn't eat dinner in the restaurant but we did go to the lounge when there was live entertainment. It really wasn't that entertaining so we didn't stay long. We did eat lunch in the lounge one afternoon. Beautiful floor to ceiling windows to look out at the lake. Very quiet not many people and the food was just so-so. I would recommend eating else where. .
The gift shop was cute with all the usual souvenir type items and snacks. Lots to look at.
Everyone that worked at the resort was really nice and helpful.
We paid $99 a night which was a great deal considering it is leaf peeping season. I would definitely recommend this place, it was really clean at a great price.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of New Hampshire's White Mountains at the entrance to Franconia Notch State Park and Scenic Byway. 100 Open Year Round Resort Units and 50 Seasonal Cottages. Profile Dining room voted "Best Restaurant" in 2010 & 2011 Best of Chefs competition. All lodging features scenic views and 50" HDTV with over 60 HD channels. Heated Outdoor Pool and Hot Spa open all winter. Paddle boating and Stocked Trout Fishing in our private Shadow Lake. One of the area's largest Gift Shops features Old Man of the Mountain items, NH souvenirs, Native American craft work, toys, jewelry and more. Close to area attractions, tax free outlet shopping and thousands of miles of outdoor adventures. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Otel, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelsforEveryone, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, Cheap Tickets and Evoline ltd so you can book your Indian Head Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Indian Head Hotel Lincoln
- Indian Head Motel
- Indian Head Resort Lincoln, NH - White Mountains