“The place to chill and relax”
Review of Indian Head Resort

Indian Head Resort
Ranked #7 of 20 Hotels in Lincoln
Boston, Massachusetts
“The place to chill and relax”
Reviewed April 6, 2013

From the moment you park your car, its time relax. Leave the city behind and get lost in the charm that is The Indian Head. If you have time to watch tv..its there for you...If you want to just sit by the pool ...you can do that.
The staff at the front desk for most welcoming, knowledgable. Always willing to give a recommendation for somewhere to eat. The hotel also offers a meal plan for families..so they have it all covered..all you have to do is relax and enjoy.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank aussiedave64

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (160)
Reviewed April 6, 2013

Stayed here last spring with two other friends as a getway from the city. Really a great location for spring fun. We enjoyed all the outdoor activities at the resort including outdoor swimming and paddleboating. The resort is located in a great place as well, right between mountains! We also went hiking up the Indian Head (amazing breathtakine views!!) and swimming in the river down the street! This would be a great trip for a few sunny days to enjoy the fresh outdoor air.
The bar was also fun at night....inexpensive but good drinks. We especially enjoyed the outdoor balcony off the lounge, we ate muffins out there then at night had our drinks there. It was so relaxing. The staff was very helpful with finding fun things to do.

Room Tip: Get room with ballcony to view mountains and lake...so beautiful in the morning!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank lifeisgood423
IndianHeadResortPR, Public Relations Manager at Indian Head Resort, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Thanks so much for your kind words. I will share your comments with the management & staff of Indian Head Resort. Providing pleasant getaways for good people like you is what we are all about and hearing nice comments like yours makes our day!
Danbury, New Hampshire
Reviewed April 3, 2013

We recently stayed at Indian Head Resort with some friends..We were very dissappointed, our room rate was very expensive and the condition of the room was not very nice..It was run down looking..For the price we payed for the room there was no sort of continental breakfast at all..That was another cost on top..We will never go there again!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Steph263
Reviewed March 28, 2013 via mobile

Just spent the weekend with about 17 relatives. The kids all had a blast in both pools and the adults all enjoyed the lounge in the evening. The rooms were very clean and the breakfast buffet was enjoyed by all. Will definitely stay again!

• Stayed March 2013
2 Thank islasdad
Reviewed March 25, 2013 via mobile

I don't write a lot of these online reviews but I come up frequently with my friend and her family and this visit was significantly better than I can remember it being before. My friend and her family stayed at the hotel itself, although I opted to stay down the road. For convenience we ate at the restaurant at the hotel and it was honestly the best meal I've had in a long time. The whole experience was great, we got our food quickly and our server was great (and hansom...). I'll be back in a few weeks when I tag along with my friends family and I can't wait!!

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank KarinaG79
Reviewed March 24, 2013

My kids and I stayed twice here before. Both times we were on the meal plan. We still remember the delicious and perfectly made entrees. We also enjoyed the pool, Jacuzzi, pool, 50" TV, etc. It was a nice family retreat. Nothing luxury about it but all around fun.

Hoping for the same excellent experience, we made a last minute trip up here for the Maple Sugar weekend. The stay so far has been disappointing. The food has gone downhill. The menu is full of Uno/99 type chain restaurant food. We had buffalo wings, chips & hummus, and onion soup for appetizer. Most were un-impressive. For entrees, we had salmon and stuffed seafood medley. The seafood was overcooked and too fishy. My son had ribs which he felt were just average. The restaurant was also out of prime ribs. For desserts, we had the chocolate molten cake (too sweet), Brownie sundae (nice size), strawberries cheesecake (good). All in all, we won't do the meal plan again if we come back at all.

I have to agree with a previous reviewer that you could hear people upstairs walking around and slamming their closet. I didn't notice that problem before. The heater is also noisy and not very warm. The 50" TV is nice.

My other disappointment has to do with the Sauna and indoor pool. Sadly, the sauna smelled a hint of pee. The indoor pool/Jacuzzi were very chlorinated that our eyes started burning with minutes. It wasn't bad enough to make us leave right away but other people commented on the same thing.

I am not sure if we would return to this resort anymore.

Room Tip: If you don't mind staying across the street away from the main building, the rooms there have 50...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank MROMom
IndianHeadResortPR, Public Relations Manager at Indian Head Resort, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
The first thing we want you to know is that we take your letter very seriously and want to use your comments as an opportunity to improve our service to all of our valued customers. We have built our reputation on the good comments and repeat business of generations of families of yours. We thank you for taking the time to let us know about your concerns. We have met with our kitchen, dining room and maintenance crew to make them aware of your comments and to discuss how we can do better in the future. As far as we can tell, none of our staff was notified of your issues with the food and the facilities. Whenever possible we prefer to take care of any issues with our facilities or service before the guest has left. I hope you will consider contacting me via email info@indianheadresort.com so that we can discuss ways we can improve your impression of us and hopefully earn your business once again.
Stew W
Indian Head Resort
Providence, Rhode Island
Reviewed March 10, 2013

My friend and I went skiing at loon mountain this weekend and wanted a place to stay where we could relax and have fun after. We looked around and read about other places in the area but the Indian Head seemed to be the place and it was!
Dinner was awesome, I had the filet and my friend had the seafood special both were delicious. Not only were both meals fabulous but they were large portions and very reasonably priced, and on top of that all the staff were very helpful and very friendly. Breakfast was the same, I ordered pancakes off the menu and they came out perfect. My friend did the buffet which was the biggest and best buffet we have ever seen. Again the staff and the food were perfect. They have a full bar and a large lounge area with live entertainment.This place has fast and efficient service. The rooms were spacious, beds were comfy, and each room has a very large tv!
The outdoor hot tub and pool were so much fun! What we really liked was that there was an indoor pool and hot tub as well so the pools didnt feel crowded. The pool bathrooms even had a sauna in it! They have a huge gift shop with stuff for everyone.
The next time we come back to this area we will be staying here again and we will refer our friends, family, and to everyone that reads this. There was no flaw about this place if you are in the area this place is a must.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends