“Resort??? Maybe Nice Motel...”
Review of Indian Head Resort

Indian Head Resort
Ranked #7 of 20 Hotels in Lincoln
Reviewed February 23, 2013

We decided to stay over night at Indian Head resort because of the Indoor outdoor pools for the kids and the Sauna for me. I would not venture to call this hotel a resort, but rather a nice Motel. It has Motel style rooms (I heard the neighbors both on the side of me and above me all too well). You need to go outside in order to get to and from the pool/game area, which can be cold in the snow. When I wanted to use the sauna to dry off in the women's locker room, it was broken. That was not mentioned when I checked in.
Room was clean and decent. Kids had a great time in the pool and game room.
I don't think I would go back, at least not in the winter....

Room Tip: Ask to stay in a room on the same side of the street as the pool. We were placed across the street...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed February 4, 2013

Indian Head Resort is in a relatively quiet location on the edge of Lincoln, NH with beautiful views of the Indian Head rock formation and several other mountains. Behind the hotel there is a long pond for a leisurely paddle in summer or skating in the winter. There is a heated outdoor pool and hot tub that is open in the winter as well.

It is a family run resort with options of lodging in cottages as well as the main building. A very tall fire tower is a prominent feature of the main building which provides terrific views of the surrounding scenery during the summer.

There are multiple family attractions within 5 minutes of the resort including a water slide park in the summer and downhill skiing at Loon Mtn. in the winter. There are also numerous restaurants and shops in Lincoln and Woodstock.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 31, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed there many times and have loved it.There is tons to do your three minutes from Lincoln's center. They're a great hotel and I would definitely come again!While you are there check out Jefferson NH where there is Santa's village and Six gun city.While in Jefferson for breakfast go to the wagon wheel best breakfast I ever had!

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank Taylor M
Reviewed January 26, 2013

We rented out the largest house & 1 motel room to accomodate 16 members of our family for a little holiday getaway . The property is lively & friendly with a good size restaurant & lounge area. The entire property can use a little face lift for sure but it didnt take away from the overall experience of accomodating most of our entire family & creating some wonderful memories. Some of the younger ones went nearby to cut down thier own Christmas trees & it is close by skiing & all sorts of outdoor things to do with your family. There was entertainment in the lounge & the restaurant was just OK but convenience & friendly staff made up for what it was lacking. We only had breakfast there as we cooked a big meal in the house for everyone for dinners. That is a cost saving advantage also. Santa was there to delight the little ones & the lounge entertainer kept the older folks smiling. All in all a good place to "Get Away" to. On a side note my husband lost his watch somewhere in the main property & the desk was most helpful looking for it as it turned out right when he figured he was going home without it one of the guests found it on some steps near the pool & turned it in.

Room Tip: If you take a room know it's just a motel room accross from the main property & ask for a re...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Timeforfun050
Reviewed January 18, 2013

We stayed at an "English Village" cottage (sitting area, bedroom, bathroom & porch) for 2. It was cute cozy, clean and I loved it! These cottages look as if they are right out of a kid's fairytale. Very comfy with a big cable/satellite tv (surprisingly!) too.

This resort is situated in a nice location with plenty of recreation activities available for adults and kids. There was live music & some performances in the evening. Got some gifts from the gift-shop.

Highly recommend it for anyone.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 6, 2013

I just stayed here this weekend to go snow tubing in Lincoln with my two children. Indian Head Resort was running a special for $140/night and the reviews aren't bad, so we decided to give it a try. The outdoor heated pool and hot tub is what sucked us in. While the pool was fantastic, we were never able to get into the hot tub as it was always full of loud, obnoxious party animals who left their beer cans all over the place. Management did nothing to stop them! The indoor pool was dirty and the pool furniture was old, disheveled and sparse. This pretty much describes our room as well. We paid for a Lakeview Premier room. If that was premier, I'd hate to see their standard rooms! The carpet was disgustingly dirty and the ceiling tiles were sagging down into the room. There was mold stains in the corners and the entire room had a musty, funky smell that forced me to buy air freshener in the gift shop for $6. The bath tub was not caulked, it sat at a complete angle and it "squished" when you stepped into it. The bathroom pipes were all exposed and rusty. The wallpaper was peeling and there were bullet holes in some places inside our room! To make things even worse, it's a motel and neither our front door at parking lot level, nor our slider onto our balcony locked properly, so I moved furniture in front of them and slept with one eye open all night! I'm not sure where it came from, but there was also a dirty fleece blanket and footprints in the snow outside on our balcony when we first checked into our "clean" room.
We decided to do the dining plan they offer, and I will say the food was decent, but it took them until 8:30 pm to seat us for dinner because they said they didn't have enough servers. We weren't finished dinner until 10 pm and then they messed up our bill!
The lady at the front desk was also nasty at check out.
Overall, there was NO "special" here! I won't ever be back! I have learned my lesson. It is definitely worth the extra money to stay at The Mountain Club at Loon!

Room Tip: If you insist on staying in this dump, at least ask for an upstairs room. It sounds like those in th...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
5  Thank shelet2000
Reviewed January 4, 2013

my wife and i went to indian head on a lark to see an elvis impersonator. we did not expect what we got. not only was the elvis show wonderful, "elvis" was a great guy. he went in and out of elvis smoothly and played to the audience with finess and class. the food was surprisingly good. dinner was off the menu, andbreakfast was off the menu or a very good buffet. we've nevr been fans of elvis shows, but we will go to this one again

Room Tip: we stayed in a lake view room. just a motel room, with a wonderful view of the lake and mountains, a...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends