“Nice place, but in need of some updating”

The Village Of Loon Mountain, a VRI resort
Ranked #7 of 20 Hotels in Lincoln
Reviewed December 19, 2010

Just returned from a 4night family trip madeup of 5 adults 2 children. The room was comfortable for us all with ample space, gas fireplace, and dvd player. Kitchen was well stocked with utensils, fridge, oven, microwave. Unit we had slept eight with one bath even though we were told two. Plenty of towels/extra pillows for all of us. Onsite free parking in front of our unit.
The grounds were nicely kept. Outdoor pool area was obviously closed this time of year, however it looked large. The outdoor hottub was open and was decent. Inside pool area included (2) large hottubs but only one worked, 2 pools with one slightly higher temp for kids the other was an olympic with basketball net, and dry sauna. Locker room had showers, toilets, cubbies for your things and a complentary blowdryer. Fitness room, and game room. Staff seemed really nice and accommodating. The real issue here is that this place must have been really great in late 80's/early 90's. Everything is very clean however (besides the bathroom vanity) everything is outdated and just adequate. We knew we were not staying in a 5star so this didn't really affect our stay. The location is amazing!! Town has lots of resturants, shops, and a cinima.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family

Reviewed December 18, 2010

We stayed in a 3 bedroom condo during the preseason. The condo was nice - not luxurious, but functional for a family that was there to go skiing. Don't expect lush carpets or fancy furniture. Expect a nice fireplace, a well stocked kitchen, and decent size rooms. Our teens enjoyed the pool, Jacuzzis (outdoor and indoor), and fitness center. They are all starting to show some wear, but hopefully the contracted company that runs them will upgrade shortly.

Service at check in was sort of rushed as it looks like customers arrive in batches. Nevertheless, the staff was very helpful throughout the week. Contrary to what a previous review said, you can exchange your towels any day - they just don't have maid service.

We got the condo through a vacation club at preseason prices, so it was a very good bargain. Paying $5 a day for Internet was worth it since so many other amenities were included.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed December 5, 2010

My boyfriend and I stayed here for 4 nights in December and it was perfect ! We were given a room that was further away from where other people seemed to be staying but we didn't mind because there was peace and quiet. We loved the gas fireplace it was perfect for the chilly nights, and the kitchen had everything we needed (we like to cook our own meals most of the time).

We had a nice view of the mountains from our room. Though we're not skiers we still enjoyed other amenities in the surrounding area and etc. Everything was clean and the bed was comfortable. Nick at the front desk was a huge help checking in and also checking out, we had to leave earlier than check out time. Other then that, we didn't really come into much contact with anyone else working at the resort. The only thing we didn't get to do was use the pool or hot tub but we did go to check it out and that looked relaxing as well. Also, we both have AT&T and got absolutely no service. If you are looking for serivce or internet connection you'll have to pay extra I believe for internet. But overall, it was very nice and private like having your own apartment! Would definitely recommend.

If looking for a good bite to eat we ate at Fratello's Italian Restaurant down the road - very cozy, warm atmosphere with fireplace great wine and food.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 17, 2010

I had never been to New Hampshire and when I got this place on an exchange through Interval International I didn't know what to expect of the resort or the area. I found this location to be a perfect home base to tour the greater New England area.

Check In was quick and easy with a a very friendly staff. I had to pay the $25 a week for the Internet Bridge but well worth the money as AT&T is not a reliable cell service here so could not use the IPhone for searching on the web. I found the room to be clean and very comfortable. Many have complained about the heat but our living area and bedroom had a Mr Slim on the wall that heats and cools. I have one at home so knew exactly what to do to make it comfortable. We were never here except at night so only needed it to cool the room down for sleeping. Although it was cool and cloudy while we were here and could have just opened the window.

This was a great jumping off point for going throughout the White Mountains Region. Even drove to Portland, Maine for the afternoon and into Quebec, Canada. Highly recommend Lost River Gorge for an attraction and Common Man and Gordis for eating. So much to do and not enough time in a week. Wish we'd had better weather but did get to see some fall foliage colors. Mt Washington Auto Road is a must on a nice clear day.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank grove911
Reviewed August 14, 2010

When we booked our stay we thought we were booking for across the streets Loon Mountain. We thought we were going to be disappointed but ended up liking the location better, it was quieter and less traffic. The room was as pictured with everything needed for cooking. The room, pools, hot tubs and grounds was clean. The only downside is that the wi-fi isnt free. Over all we would stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed July 26, 2010

I read some of the recent comments and I must say I am in disbelief. I am thinking maybe some disgruntled guests? I love going to the Village of Loon Mountain. The staff always makes me feel right at home they are so nice and so helpful. The rooms are so clean, we had a certain room we had requested that we love so much, but unfortunately we couldn’t have it because the previous guests had smoked and the room was out of service until the smell went away. They put us close to the room we had requested and we loved it just the same. We had a light bulb blow out while we were there and I called the front desk to have it replaced and maintenance was there in less than 5 minutes. I can’t wait until we can return again. It was very hot while we were there, but at night it cooled down quite a bit, we weren't in our room that much in the day anyways.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed June 24, 2010

We stayed there in June 2010, paid close 160.00 for a night. No AC and it was about 90 degrees. They have a smoking in designated areas which I never found. They do not even have a no smoking sign anywhere. I have pictures to prove it. We stayed one night and spent only enough time to shower, leave (There was a locked trash closet outside our door, that smelled like the dump and had hundreds of flies and some maggots crawling out from under the door) and sleep then leave. Four days later I received a letter and a 100.00 charge on my credit card because instead of throwing a cigarette butt on the ground, (there are no trash containers outside), I put it in the last of the cup of water I was drinking outside while we loaded up and threw it in the only trash container in our room, which was in the bedroom, there was not even one in the bathroom. One of their comments were that they had to wash the bedding, and comforter (I guess they usually do not) after someone leaves. I actually have the letter to prove it. So if you want to sleep on a bed that the bedding and comforter are from who ever was there before you this is the place to go. This comment bothered me more than the 100.00 charge. The inside pool was good, the outside one was dirty. The hot tubs are nice but have too much chlorine. Place is very outdated and the decking is in need of major repairs. There are a lot of huge humps in the planking and dangerous if you are not staring down, one is at the top of the stairs and if you are not looking be prepared to go flying into the balcony. We were told at the desk that we would find the stairway to upstairs because there was a frost heave at the entrance, well it was not there it was the decking on the second floor. I am disabled from 2 broken necks and have to wear a neck brace all the time, so I asked if there was an elevator and was told no. When we left I found out there was one in the lobby. I guess because we do not own a timeshare there our treatment was very different on a rental basis. My husband and I own timeshares in Lincoln, NH unfortunately there was a mix up in the dates with are own. I would never go back there even for free. Just remember when you stay there whether you are a owner or not you are sleeping with comforters that have not been changed from the people before you. Disgusting. The only thing they have going for them is the location and scenery.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple