“Very nice stay at the Lodge”

The Village Of Loon Mountain, a VRI resort
Ranked #8 of 20 Hotels in Lincoln
Reviewed March 28, 2014

Very nice stay at the Village of Loon Mountain Lodge. One bedroom unit was nice for two people. Unit was nice size. Pool area was nice, although equipment in the fitness center needs some updating. Bed was very comfortable. Sofa bed was passable. Resort was pretty much empty, only about a dozen cars in the lot and very very quiet. Didn't see many other guests. Very convenient for skiing at Loon. Shuttle bus to Loon is available from the parking area. Free wifi was a surprise since many other reviews indicated there was no wifi Plenty of hot water. Kitchen was nicely equipped, several items on the inventory were missing, not a big deal and we didn't need them, replacements were offered. Unit was clean. Overall nice stay

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank bbunko

Reviewed February 27, 2014

Very nice, clean, and quiet, with beautiful views!!! We had a very relaxing get away in a one bedroom 2nd floor unit, with a fully equipped kitchen, cozy gas fireplace, very comfy king size bed, great tv's, phone, and internet connection! So close to so many great restaurants, and so many places to explore in the area!!! Even in the winter!!! Love it, and can not wait to return...

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Cathy G
Reviewed November 28, 2013

We had a one bedroom loft unit. On the main floor there was a well equipped galley kitchen, living room/dining room combo, the main bedroom (with a king size bed) and bathroom. Our assigned unit was in the main building, on the third floor above reception and overlooking the pool. While in the unit, we spent our free time on the small balcony enjoying the view of Loon Mountain.
Although our unit was somewhat shabby and not luxurious, it was well appointed and comfortable. Another couple joined us for a few days and there was plenty of room. The resort has two outdoor pools which were rarely used during our visit – perhaps it was the time of year. However, the indoor pool was always filled with families and there is also a well equipped gym.
In the club area, one can rent DVDs as well as bikes and there is a billiard room along with several video game machines located near the reception area. There is also a sandy area for small children, which features a jungle gym. Nearby there is a basket ball court.
My only complaint – which is major – is that a fee of $5/day is charged for internet usage. Given the poor connection, it should be free!
The Village of Lincoln is nearby and there is a Price Copper grocery store located not far from the Visitor’s Centre – not far from the corner of I93 and route 112. A stop at the visitor’s centre is a must – you will find helpful, knowledgeable staff. There are also displays about the area, brochures, maps and a gift shop.
We enjoy the outdoors and spent the week hiking the numerous, well marked trails, visiting the various waterfalls and photographing the covered bridges. Only half a day was spent shopping in North Conway. While there, make sure to visit Zeb’s General Store – most of the items there are made locally – Vermont, Maine, New Hampshire – I had a difficult time narrowing down my purchases.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
6  Thank CatharineB
Reviewed November 20, 2013

I haven't been skiing for decades but have been to this resort several times in the past ten years or so. I have stayed in the larger lodges, in rental units on the mountainside, and in the resort condos. My three recent stays have been in the first-floor one-bedroom lodge units. As a writer with a busy life, I try to set aside time for a personal retreat to work on my projects. This has been perfect for me (I get it through timeshare points, although I have also rented in the past.) There is plenty of space for me to spread out my extensive research. The full kitchen allows me to prepare real food and I can always eat in one of the restaurants in nearby Lincoln, NH. The Loon Mt. ski area is across the road and there is an in-season shuttle. A narrow but private and covered deck/balcony goes with each unit. There are a lot of tennis courts, game room, and so forth, but my favorite is always a swim in the indoor pools and a dip in the hot tub. There are 2 indoor hot tubs, and when they were closed for a day for cleaning, I braved the outdoor hot tub, which is especially fun when it's snowing. A warning: the kitchen cabinets are very high so I took a step stool with me. I requested a non-skid bathmat from Housekeeping and got it quickly.

Room Tip: I think all of the units in the lodge area have mountain views, and there is no road noise. Any of t...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank meanjunn
Reviewed October 31, 2013

Great spot great location. The pool was nice and the set up was easy. Close to town. Hiking trails were close and many to choose from. Front desk was helpful. Rooms were clean and exactly what was described to us when booked.

• Stayed: October 2013
3  Thank snowfamof5
Reviewed October 31, 2013

Clean and spacious and quite serviceable but our particular room just a little dark for our liking. Separate room with sofa. chair, dining table and chairs, coffee table and additional TV as well as small kitchen. Wonderful view and colours from the balcony though the fact we visited in the fall might just have helped! Checked in was simple and quick. The staff were very helpful. About a mile out of Lincoln on the Kancangamus highway we drove the 'loop' including Jackson easily in a day. This is a great location for visiting the area. If this is not now a minimum of 200 characters I think I'll give up as I tend to write more readable information in simple phrases using less words than having to complete a thesis on a subject.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank norfolkanway
Reviewed October 30, 2013

We began our trip on the Kancamagus Scenic Byway from Conway and ended in Lincoln. This is the direction I recommend to the best lighting. It was an amazing experience (with the exception of all the bathrooms being locked due to our Government being shutdown). We ended our experience by taking the gondola ride up the mountain to view the colors from there. What an amazing experience for an affordable charge. We had some hot chocolate to take off the chill, then spent as much time as we wanted exploring & taking pictures. Highly recommend including this as a part of your New England experience.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple