“Not so great - very old and run down - not worth the price.”
Review of Mt Liberty Lodging

Mt Liberty Lodging
Ranked #9 of 20 Hotels in Lincoln
Reviewed July 4, 2011

So I was really looking forward to staying here after reading all the positive reviews. But I was actually very disappointed in the price and accommodations of these "cabins". We reserved for two nights, mid-week in June. The price was $81.00 per night, and it was for the smallest cabin they had - I mean REALLY small! But it wasn't the size that bothered me. The "cabin", really just a shack, was very run-down and outdated. I suppose it was clean, but it was hard to tell since everything in there was ancient and very mis-matched. It definitely didn't "feel" clean. I wish I had taken photos to put on here...sorry!
Some of the things that I noticed: the bathroom door didn't shut, badly peeling linoleum in the bathroom, there was exposed rotting wood, the hot water lasted for about 5 minutes, the main window had to be held open with a stick, the carpet was old and gross, and the bed was dreadfully uncomfortable.
A fair price for this place would have been $30-40 a night, not $80.
I've learned my lesson, don't book accommodations sight unseen. In retrospect, I should have asked to see the cabin when we got there, but I had already paid for one night, and I doubt they would have re-funded me, but you never know.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
6  Thank minggirl1

Reviewed October 13, 2010

I have been visiting Lincoln for many years but this was the first time staying at this hotel.We stayed in a cabin. It was so clean and comfortable.It was absolutely adorable. The owners were so friendly and accommodating. We are looking forward to many more vacations here.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mamadukesek
Reviewed October 7, 2010

what a lovely place. We stayed in one of the motel rooms and the one we were going to stay in was really moldy smelling (I'm sure from being closed up) so we aked if we could move to another room. Darlene was so nice and helpful and moved us to a room that smelled just great. You can hear the water running from the river behind the motel/cabins while you slept. We went for a walk on the rocks in the river and had a great time. Thanks so much!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 28, 2010

We sifted through many hotels, motels, lodges and cabins via the Internet and wanting something on the water we decided to go with Mt. Liberty. All arrangements were made through e-mail and went off without a hitch. Without giving away which cabin we stayed in (we would like it to be available next time we want to book it) we got what we wanted. If you fell off the cabin's rear deck you would just miss landing in the river. The river's rapids are so loud that, although the other cabins are close by, we had a pleasent sense of isolation and privacy. Lincoln, NH itself is a very nice town with plenty of stores, gas stations, restaurants and nice people. This may not seem impotant but we have stayed at lodges in NH that were a minimum of 20 minutes from the nearest anything. The next time we are in the White Mountains area would we stay at the Mt. Liberty Motel and Cabins? Absolutely.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 23, 2010

This place was very lovely, exactly what I expected. We got a two-bedroom room for a really low price because it was off-season (leaf peeping starts in late September). The two-bedroom room was comfortable for two people, might have been a bit too small for four. there were two stove burners, a small fridge, microwave and pots/pans/dishes. It was perfect for fixing a quick breakfast before going out hiking to Franconian Gorge (less than a 10min drive away) and the other sites. Lincoln and Woodstock downtowns are right around the corner, maybe a 7 minute drive to restaurants/bars. The place was quaint, the owners very friendly. We had the cabin without the river view (#2 I think) but we could still see the river from the bathroom and kitchen and hear it (the other cabins were literally right alongside of the river). Only a few cons: we were right next to the highway, though it didn’t feel like it (didn’t hear cars; this is also a pro since it was easy to get where we wanted to go and easy to find the place). Also the beds are not the most comfortable though for sensitive sleepers, and there is no dvd player. Internet was a little shaky since we were set farther away but all in all this was a great spot for getting away for the weekend and enjoying nature!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 2, 2010

We have been visiting Mt. Liberty Motel & Cabins for several years. Every time, our visit has been a positive experience. The cabins are clean. The owners are friendly and welcoming.

It is a great place for family. Conveniently located, Whales Tales, Story Land, Clarks Bears and other family fun locations are close by. The motel/cabins are adjacent to the river. It is fun to head down to the river, climb the rocks and explore. There is a small swing set, a pool and a fire pit for roasting marshmellows.

We always have fun here and are never disappointed!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed August 12, 2010

My husband and I wanted to have a little get-away-weekend.We have 3children and we are always so busy doing things for the kids we wanted to have a little "US" time.Our Wedding Anniversary is in June and our birthdays are in the late summer/early fall,so we are celebrating our anniversary/birthday's by giving each other this weekend trip.Did i mention we didn't want to spend alot of money. We absolutely loved our cabin,it was very clean!!! ( I am a clean freak) we had a deck on the back of the cabin that overlooks the river,beautiful view!,(we took some great pics of the river!!)the cabin was just perfect,right size,bathroom was clean,bed was very comfy,it was Perfect,soo realxing just siting on the deck listening to the river at night,we walked along the river during the day,went swimming when we got too hot!( we swam in the river but there is also a great pool that was very clean too) we were close to great restaurants, hiking trails,everything you can think of was near by. I have to mention this was very affordable too! We just love this place..we have told all of our friends about MT.Liberty Motel & Cabins.A couples trip is in the works for Sept.2010.....Thanks for a great weekend!!!!!......The Maxims

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple