“Glad we finally stopped in!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Gypsy Cafe

Gypsy Cafe
Ranked #1 of 48 Restaurants in Lincoln
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Food from around the world with a New England touch.
Salem, Massachusetts
“Glad we finally stopped in!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2014

My boyfriend and I have seen the Gypsy Cafe several times in the past few years, but had never tried it. Over the summer, we were camping about a half hour away and drove through Lincoln around lunch time and decided to give it a try. I'm so glad we did.

As others have mentioned, it's "artsy", which I love. Lots of interesting artwork around and plenty to look at it. We sat at the bar and received prompt service. The fondue with little brie and bacon grilled cheese dippers was too decadent to pass up. My seared tuna salad was huge and it wasn't just a lot of lettuce. I received an extremely healthy portion of tuna and it tasted very fresh. My boyfriend had some sort of spicy beef roll ups that were kind of like very, thin, burritos. Don't let my less than stellar description put you off as they were delicious and different (in a good way.)

In the land of touristy burger, steak/seafood restaurants, and ice cream shops, this place stands out!

Visited August 2013

Brookline, Massachusetts
“Yummy and artsy”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2013 via mobile

This place was cute. Lots of art and murals. Good service. A few good vegetarian options on the menu. I got the bean stir fry with tofu, which was super yummy, but I am pretty sure had asparagus instead of beans. I also had the apple blossom dessert, which was delicious, but was more pastry than apple (I was trying to be healthy and pick a fruit heavy dessert. Oops).

Boston, Massachusetts
“Wonderful lunch experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2013

Two of us ate a late lunch after a day of nordic skiing. The nachos had a lot of chicken, cheese and other fixin's, but not a lot of chips, so we ate it with a fork. It was very tasty. The mezzo plate with olives, feta, hummus, dill/yogurt sauce and pita bread was also very tasty and interesting. We split a zuni wrap, which was hot and spicy, and very filling. Warm cider and cold draft beer topped it all off.

The wait staff was attentive to us, and the other guests.

When we told our friends we ate at Gypsy they asked how we got in. Apparently dinner reservations are made weeks in advance. Based on the delicious and diverse menu and the reasonable prices, I can see why.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank MM_from_MA
Brookline, Massachusetts
“Dinner in Lincoln, NH”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2013

The Gypsy Cafe has expanded and diversified the menu making it more inviting for families as well as to those who have been there before. Food and service are consistently good and the room is never too noisy for a table conversation.

• Visited December 2013
VERMONT
“Eclectic Excellence”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2013

Global treats for lunch ranging from quinoa fritters, to Bolivian chicken rollups, to classic Mexican enchiladas. Would definitely return to "visit" another part of the world. Fascinating decor with many murals an montages.

Visited November 2013