“Intriguing fusion food”

Ranked #1 of 46 Restaurants in Lincoln
Cuisines: American, African, Asian, Mexican
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Food from around the world with a New England touch.
Reviewed August 15, 2013

We had heard good things about the Gypsy Cafe. We waffled between two restaurants, and chose Gypsy because they accept reservations - a big plus in a resort town during high season! Both the food and the decor are eclectic. Lots of hanging glass things, aloe vera plants and interesting doo-hickeys, with a casual atmosphere - shorts and tees are fine here. There were 4 of us and they pushed 2 smaller tables together. the tables were mismatched in height and it was a tight squeeze, but fine once we found our way into our seats. The 4 of us had: duck with red curry sauce, Navajo pumpkin pasta with shrimp, Jamacian rib eye, and kung pao chicken. In addition, I had a good, but really really strong key lime martini. The food was quite good, although my husband expected a spicier rib eye (probably spice adjusted for new england palettes, in retrospect I would have asked for them to make it spicy). The service was reasonably good, although the server did not seem fluent with all of the menu items. The food was flavorful and interesting. The duck, which I had, was good and not at all greasy. Not terribly excited about the deep fried brownie bites for dessert, but it was just fine. All in all, I would certainly return here. The best part was the creative combination of tastes and the execution of the food.

1  Thank topdogollie

Reviewed August 15, 2013

We ate at the Gypsy Cafe prior to going on the Pemi Valley Moose Tour. The better half was a little under the weather and the staff there went out of their way to make our experience satisfying. The food is fabulous, the staff caring and the prices reasonable, it was a great start to a great night.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

We stayed in Lincoln for a few days and we had a very nice diner. The food was fantastic, healthy and with a good portion of veggies. The drinks were great.
We reserved and were seatted as we arrived.
The experience was a positive one as we enjoyed this very international cuisine.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

Stopped in for lunch after the Alpine Adventure zip-line. There was a short wait to seat us as a large group had arrived before us. A nearby couple were obviously dissatisfied with the service and how long they had to wait for their entrees. However, once seated we were served quickly. My lunch serving of chicken enchiladas was small but tasty. My companion had a turkey wrap which he liked.
There is a comfortable bar in the front dining area, which is also a choice for seating. My sense was that service is related to when you arrive or what is happening in the kitchen.

1  Thank Asherah_13
Reviewed August 13, 2013

We stopped at gypsy cafe on our way home from north conway. The food and atmosphere was excellent. I would definitely return if I am back in Lincoln.