“I wanted to go back for dinner (after having lunch)”
Review of Gypsy Cafe

Gypsy Cafe
Ranked #1 of 47 Restaurants in Lincoln
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Kids, Special occasions, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Food from around the world with a New England touch.
Concord, New Hampshire
“I wanted to go back for dinner (after having lunch)”
Reviewed January 10, 2013

Sooooo good! By far and away my favorite spot in Lincoln. The atmosphere was refreshingly upbeat and contemporary. The staff was friendly and helpful. And the food, wow. Some of the dishes paired things that I would have never thought about pairing.
Was unsure about parking as on street parking seemed limited. However, I soon realized that a relatively abandoned public parking lot exists across the street. So I parked there and walked the 100 feet to this absolute gem of a restaurant.

• Visited January 2013

New York City, New York
“All the Fuse”
Reviewed January 8, 2013

This Little restaurant is a bit of a mystery. On my 3rd visit here little has changed. The menu is so eclectic that it is bound to hit and miss and it does.When it,s good it,s good when it,s bad it shows.The problem is that it tries to hard.,with food that goes from American to Mexican to a heavy Indonesia -Thai influences it can and does get messy .Service it ok and the hostess was and is not at all welcoming.If they didn't rest on there reviews and concentrated on the food this could be great,as there is virtually no place else to dine in Lincoln your stuck.

Visited January 2013
Yarmouth Port, Massachusetts
“Eclectic dinner”
Reviewed January 7, 2013

Favorite restaurant in the Lincoln area. Always consistently good. Very eclectic menu with a lot of unusual menu items. I am a vegetarian and lots of wonderful choices on this menu.

Visited January 2013
“Great local restaurant!”
Reviewed January 6, 2013

Excellent food, great atmosphere with locals & skiers, families & friends. Love the funky decor & diversified menu! Say hello to Claire, the owner while you're there!

“good food, nice atmosphere, very drafty”
Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

On our second visit over the winter holiday week, I made reservations a week in advance for a table for 4. The year prior we had to wait for a table in the front and didn't like the atmosphere there. When we arrived we had to wait for our table to be cleared in the front when tables were available in the much cozier back room. When I asked to be seated in the back the hostess said stright out NO they were saving tables for a large party. However right before that she sat a table of 4 without reservations in the back. Besides the rude hostesses the front room is incredibly cold in the winter. Drafty windows and constant drafts from the front door opening and closing. I am a vegetarian and the others in my family are not. They all enjoyed their meals, lamb, salmon and veal. The vegetarian selection is very limited and the over use of salt is atrocious in the vegetarian meals. Last year I had the Persian tofu, too salty, this year I tried the Thai corn cakes and the cauliflower curry both were extremely salty. The jasmine rice was dry and crunchy and the meal itself laked flavor and was dry. The pumpkin crisp was warm and tasty but was also too salty. Not sure if I was overloaded by my salty app and meal that I couldn't even taste the sweetness of the dessert?? Most likely we will not be skiing in Lincoln again so I will not be giving The Gypsy Cafe another shot. It's unfortunate that there aren't many quality restraints in the area.