“A Week To Chase Trains”

Ranked #1 of 20 Hotels in Lincoln
Burlington, Canada
“A Week To Chase Trains”
Reviewed September 13, 2012

Exchanging a timeshare week into Pollard Brook starting on the Sunday of a long weekend posed several problems for us. We didn't want to cross into the US from Canada on the holiday weekend nor be driving when some of the tourist trains we wanted to ride, that only ran on weekends, were open.

We solved this by booking for two additional nights as paid guests so we arrived Friday after two nights in Albany. This turned out to be wise as the cross country drive on twisting roads was tiring. The highways only run north and south in this area.

Fortunatly, we were able to have the same one bedroom unit for our entire stay. It was spacious, clean, well equipt and suited us well. WIFI dropped out too frequently over the weekend when the resort was busy but settled down once many guests left.

Daily garbage collection was nice. I presume this is done as bears can be a problem if garbage is not put in an animal proof container.

While just past the town of Lincoln making a car mandatory, good food shopping (including fresh lobsters at a very reasonable price) restaurants and touristy shopping was close. Laundry room was efficient and clean - take quarters or get them at the front desk.

Staff was friendly, pools and all common areas clean and some activities were provided although we didn't use any of them. Children's play area and a basketball hoop are also available.

Plan on making your own fun, enjoy the quiet fresh air and be sure to look for trains to ride!

Room Tip: Specify if you can't manage stairs as there are a lot to some units.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (186)
Sanford, Maine, United States
Reviewed September 7, 2012

My husband and I came over Labor Day weekend 2012 to get away and for our 2 year anniversary. The room was great. Nice and quiet. There were actually dishes left in the dishwasher. I thought that was kind of disgusting. But we really just needed a couple of days to relax. We spent most of our time in the outdoor and indoor pool. And also of course the Hot Tub and Sauna. For fun we went to the Arcade downstairs and it needs some work. While some of the games work, I would say over half of them don't. The Arcade needs an update. The Hot Tub was nice outside, but it could use a clean up as well (Paint Job.....etc.) Overall, we got out of it what we wanted and came for. A nice relaxing, easy going trip. We thought that Fraser and one of the younger girl managers were GREAT! However, the evening staff we had two of the nights we were there were not at all friendly. I would almost say that they were borderline RUDE. Not sure if the rude older lady and younger man realize that many people would not return to a place because of rude staff members. It is funny reading these reviews, because many people seemed to comment on the same things that my husband I did before we read the reviews. Example; Rude night staff. Dishes left in sink. Etc.
The jacuzzi in our room was awesome.
Check out was easy and great. Not sure we would stay again, but I suppose if we were looking for a nice quiet weekend again, we might.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
North Bellmore, New York
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Staff was courteous & friendly. Check-in & check out was a breeze. Our 2 bedroom, 2 bath suite was very spacious & comfy. An added bonus was the Day room with queen bed that had pocket doors creating a "3rd bedroom". Another perk was the private terraces outside each bedroom. I would have given the rating a "10" if the master bath had a shower that was a bit roomier & didn't have some moldy edges. 2nd bathroom was new and clean with full bath tub. I would definitely go back. Food & service at Texas Toast Eatery on 1st Fl was terrific. Bakery was delicious!

Room Tip: Get a room facing the outside pool.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Berwick, Maine
Reviewed August 19, 2012

this place is very nice and has a nice staff, fitness and pools spread out on a nice property. it is close to everything in the area, the have movies in lobby every nite for family time with popcorn. my friends have stayed here many times for years and keep coming back, so i went for the first time it was a wonderful stay.

Room Tip: pick a room with a hot tub
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Portsmouth, New Hampshire
Reviewed August 19, 2012

We own at Pollard and haev been coming here for 15 years. We stayed in a one bedroom Woodland #327 with full kitchen, murphy bed in living room with large couch and chair, large bedroom, large jacuzzi tub/showerr combo in bathroom and separate sink/counter outside bathroom and balcony overlooking the white mountains. Room and beds were comfortable as expeccted, New England Coffee, warm and beautiful outdoor pool (and indoor if you prefer) and large outdoor jacuzzi year-round. Kids liked the game room and smores on Saturday night, also did a moose tour with Eric - saw 4 on the 11:00 tour. Happy with the stay and have usually had 5 star servcie but can't give it that rating this time due to some issues I did not like: housekeeping showed up at 5:30 p.m. our first full day (I did check and it states housekeeping can come till 6 p.m. so if you don't want housekeeping showing up at dinnertime, you might want to call the front desk). All 4 key cards stopped working daily and we had to go back to the lobby to rekey (they told us not to put them in our wallets but I've never had this problem before and I travel a lot, I know putting them next to a cellphone can do this) Construction of carport looks nice so no issues there because they told us it would be happening. Internet kept timing out. I've had good luck in the Jackman building with internet before so I'm not sure what happened this time. Also, I'm a diamond member and, as a courtesy to housekeeping, checked out early, but was then told I had to leave collateral to get pool towels. As an owner I've always just signed in and gotten towels. It was a little weird to give up my purse to be able to use pool towels when I could have just checked out later which is what I'll do next time. It was a beautiful week in Lincoln, with minor rain showers and otherwise great weather and no mosquitos :) Aso, front desk staff was ok on Sunday, great earlier. Anita and Frasier are wonderful to deal with if you can talk to them.

Room Tip: if you can get a 4th floor room, as in most places, you wwon't hear anyone upstairs. Also, room...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Bradford, Vermont
Reviewed August 2, 2012

My family and I have stayed at Pollard Brook resort on several occasions. It is very nice, with large roomy rental timeshares. The resort is well kept and there is an indoor and outdoor pool, playground and various activities. On the downside, if you are staying there for a week, be prepared to spend alot of money on the local area activities. The resort itself has some planned activities, but most have a fee involved, even the arts and crafts cost something for the most part. The resort is expensive, so it would be nice if they would throw in some free stuff, If you are looking for luxury accommodations, this is a place that would probably fit the bill.

Room Tip: If you want quiet, ask for rooms that are in the Streamside area or up in the back. This is the newe...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank lagsmom
Brewster, Massachusetts
Reviewed August 2, 2012

My husband and I stayed at Pollard Brook with our two boys in mid July and had a great time. We stayed in a one bedroom apartment with a murphy bed in the living room for the kids to sleep on. As others have said, it is a bit dated but it didn't impact our stay whatsoever. The kitchen had been updated with new counter tops and sink. The living room was large with a gas fireplace with a flat screen tv. The window in our bedroom would not open at all and there wasn't a curtain, only blinds which did nothing to hide the parking lot street lamps making it very bright in the room at night. Aside from that, it was very clean and quiet. We had a view of Loon Mountain from the balcony. The pool areas were very nice as well as the gym and the game room areas. I found the staff to be very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family