“No way!!!!”

and 1 more site!
Franconia Notch Motel
Ranked #16 of 20 Hotels in Lincoln
Reviewed October 8, 2013

We booked this room just for an overnight for our anniversary, was pleased with the price.....but sometimes you get what you ask for. The moment we walked in we were on the phone with another hotel, this place is awful. I dont know what got me first, the smell, the bathroom, the dirty carpet, the tape on the shower head or the spots on the bed. I have never been so happy to leave a hotel in my life!!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Nicole G
There are newer reviews for Franconia Notch Motel

Reviewed September 17, 2013

I dont know what some of the folks reviewing expected but compared the resort place up the road this was a bargain. The cottages were clean and functional. We had two a/c units both fairly new, micro fridge and plenty of light. Quiet and nice view of river behind. We were very satisfied and would stay again if in the area. Some updating and detailing would go a long way but would be good place to spend a few nights to see Franconia and Crawford Notch areas.

Room Tip: Close to the office was good, all looked fine.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 14, 2013

It's not a 4-star hotel, but the very reasonable price (for Lincoln) reflects that. There are a few maintenance issues as mentioned in other reviews such as the sheet vinyl pulling up at the edges in the bathroom, but overall it was a pleasant experience. It was quiet, the river flowing right behind the motel was beautiful, and the room was clean.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Laurence1001
Reviewed August 26, 2013

I read the reviews after making my reservation and nearly cancelled. So glad I didn't. I stayed three nights and enjoyed myself. Yes, it is older and could use updating (and more outlets)- but it was very clean . I also stayed in unit 2 so don't really understand the complaints. The people there were extremely helpful and friendly. I had brought Fabreze and cleaning products with me (because of the reviews) but did not need to use either of them. Room smelled fresh (bedspread too), bathroom clean, bed clean and comfortable. Yes, the fridge and microwave are small, but I wasn't expecting full size. I really don't understand the comment about the folks at the front desk being 'crooks', maybe a mistake was made but that comment is not called for. Was it made because they are mideastern? Is it a matter of their ethnicity? They were so helpful and friendly - I will certainly go back again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Dottie C
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Well i did not enjoy my stay. It wasn't very clean. The service at the front desk was terrible. They stole $50 off my credit card and they are crooks. The rooms are very very small. The fridge is very small. I felt closterphobic. I would not recommend staying there.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 1, 2013

I can't say anything nice about this place. I stayed 1 night and that was enough. Musty smelly room, over loaded wall outlets, outlets that didn't work. Tile coming off walls, vinyl flooring pulling up around edges in bathroom, tub calking needed re-doing. Very old AC unit and very dirty dust covered AC unit fins. Bedspread very musty smelling. Back of entrance wood door showed heavy black mold. I can only speak on unit #2. (They also have small cabins.) The river runs behind the place, picnic tables riverside, steep stair descent, watch out for the phone wire laying on the ground. Picnic table, gazebo, loungers out front for guest use.
Go further up the road to Parker's motel, little more money but so much better. I pd. $70. add another $20 and have a nice place to stay with someone else.

Room Tip: No windows facing river.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank boarstone
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Excellent rooms for little money. Be prepared to stay in the 50's. Laid back hotel built in the 50's. Nothing is up dated. No pool. No breakfast but there are lots of low priced places nearby for breakfast. Nice owner's. They can't do enough for you. They are new to this country but understand customer service. If online booking is full call them. We stayed in small room (6). Very small room at a very small price. If you are looking for a quiet laid back vacation this place this place is for you. There is a beautiful river behind the motel. Shut off the AC and open the windows listen to the river. What a peaceful sound.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple