“Excellent Food and Service”
Review of Common Man

Common Man
Ranked #4 of 46 Restaurants in Lincoln
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed August 22, 2014

We stopped at Common Man for a late dinner (remember, late in Lincoln is before 9 pm) and were treated to the best service in town. The food was very good - the lobster corn chowder was superb. They offer cheese and crackers as well as house made cheese dips as free appetizers. The quality of these, especially the cheese dip infused with horseradish, was superb. It's large and sprawling, a fun place to visit as well as to have dinner.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,255)

Reviewed August 21, 2014

Food was delicious. We were a party of 8 adults and 2 kids. No reservation. Seated quickly. Good menu choices for all.

Reviewed August 21, 2014

I always like the food at the Common Man. The service was good. Waited a little while but not bad for how busy they were. We ate in the bar area and it was fine.

Reviewed August 19, 2014

We went there my husbands birthday. We had called ahead for our name to be added to the wait list, which trimmed the wait time to about 30 minutes. They boast cheese and crackers free in the bar area, but there were no plates, and all the cheese, two soft tubs, and one brick was empty. It was not replenished until after we were called for our table. The restaurant was busy, and the hostess was feeling it. Probably the grumpiest person we encountered on our whole week trip. Our seat on the second floor was right beside the waitstaff area, so it was busy and loud with people rushing by the table. Not at all relaxing. They should rethink their seating arrangements, it could be done better with the space they have. Our entres were ok. I had the pot roast which was tender but way too salty. Small scoop of mashed potatoes, also salty. But the biggest disappointment was they served frozen vegetables. at the peak of harvest you should be getting fresh. Especially with farm stands right in town. Dessert was a let down. Creme brûlée was bland, and the sugar on top still granulated. The bread pudding was way too sweet with a sauce. However their signature white chocolate bark was delicious. We have eaten there several times in the past and had enjoyed it, but this visit was the worst. maybe we just had bad luck ...we will give it another try

Reviewed August 17, 2014

My husband and I were up for an adventure while staying in North Conway, so we decided to take a long scenic drive on the Kancamagus Highway... it was stunning! We stopped in Lincoln for dinner, saw The Common Man and decided to give it a try. We were very pleasantly surprised. We sat outside on the patio and enjoyed the nice cool mountain breeze. The service was great and our meals were to die for! I had the lobster mac and cheese while my husband had the baked cod with lobster sauce. My mac and cheese came in a cast iron dish and was FULL of lobster!! My husband's baked cod with lobster sauce was scrumptious and cooked perfectly. When our check came, the waitress spooned some chunks of white chocolate on a napkin for us, instead of the typical mints given at most restaurants. I highly recommend this restaurant, whether you're traveling as a family or couple, there was oodles of seating on both floors! I know it's a drive from North Conway, but if you want to really experience the beauty of the White Mountains, take a cruise (its about 2 hours round trip) on the Kancamagus Highway and stop at Lincoln for some amazing food!!