“The Common Man”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Common Man

Common Man
Ranked #4 of 48 Restaurants in Lincoln
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Kids, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Littleton, New Hampshire
“The Common Man”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2012

I hadn't been in several years and our god-daughter happened to be vacationing in Lincoln.

We decided to take her out for dinner and visit for awhile and thought it would be a good spot to meet. We arrived early and decided to sit in the lounge and order drinks while awaiting their arrival. The lounge is very rustic as, it's located in an old barn attached to the farmhouse which serves as the main dinning area.

They had a very inviting fire blazing in the huge stone fireplace. As soon as we took our seats we were greeted by a very friendly waitress that asked if we would like anything. I ordered a mixed drink and my wife ordered a glass of the house Riesling. Both drinks arrived in short order & were excellent! They had a rather large cheese table set up for the lounge customers which had a rather sizable block of cheddar, crackers & bread.

Our guests arrived shortly and also ordered from the bar. Again the drinks quickly appeared as we sat and caught up. Our tables were ready on time and we were told they would hold them for us and they would be ready whenever we were ready to make the move.

Once seated our waiter arrived immediately, introduced himself and told us about the daily specials. One of our party asked about a gluton free menu which the waiter produced in short order. It proved rather extensive with a good variety from which to choose. She ordered the Yankee Pot Roast two of us ordered the scallop special and the other salmon. We promptly received a warm bread basket with two types of bread. The meals came quickly, were served hot and all were average to a bit above average. Our waiter was attentive, freindly and informative throughout the meal. All-in-all is was very pleasant experience and I wouldn't hesitate returning.

We both decided, the next time we'd like to try the lounge menu, sit by the fire and possibly watch a game on the big screen.

Definately worth a visit especially for a light meal in the lounge area.

• Visited March 2012

“Great Bar, Great Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2012

I've been there 5 or 6 times this winter - each time to the bar/tavern side. The menu is simple, but delicious. Great burgers, fun pizzas, and the fireplace is unbelievable.

• Visited March 2012
Much Wenlock, United Kingdom
“Great service, great portions”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2012

Wednesday wine night is a great idea, haf price wine! We loved the decor and pretty much scored it 10/10

Visited March 2012
Exeter, New Hampshire
“great place to eat”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2012

we will always eat here, was delighted to find out there was one closer to us on the seacoast, food and service were great :), prices were good too

• Visited July 2011
Holden, Massachusetts
“Not all it's cracked up to be”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2012

Very kid friendly. The free hors d'oeuvres are a plus since you wait forever! Only cheese and crackers, but kids (and husbands) love free things. There is also coloring pages for the kids (though I didn't see crayons). Nice huge fireplace and hearth that heated the whole place. I liked the mountain lodge feel of it. We sat upstairs and it was nice looking down at everything. I could also feel the heat from the fireplace blaring up. After a day on the slopes, it was nice.
Daughter and Husband loved the free chocolate at the end. I declined. I didn't get it. Shaved white chocolate scooped out of a basket. Seemed unsanitary. Plus he just scooped it on the table.
Weird.
Hostesses were sooooo rude and sat several other parties before us. Seems like this is a place that if you know someone you get preferential treatment.
Meals were very bland. Ordered crab cakes which they ALLEGED were voted the best in NH. I highly doubt that. They were burnt and had crunchy pieces which I assume (hope) were shells. Also, smallest portion of a vegetable I have ever seen. About an 1/8 of a cup. Were they running low? It was litteraly 1 tablespoon of butternut squash.
Ordered the lobster corn chowder, while it was very tasty and had a large piece of lobster tail in it, it was cold and I was disappointed with the crunchy canned corn in it.
I did not send my chowder back because it was sooooo busy. Our waiter was noticeably stressed out. He wasn't rude, just kept flubbing our order. Ordered drinks with lime, he brought lemon. Small things, but several.
We ordered cappucinos to go and it took him 20 minutes to tell us the cappuchino machine was broken! Wow! Sat there for 20 minutes!
We soon realized that the place was so packed, not because of the food quality, but because of the lack of places in this area!

Visited February 2012