“A MUST DO while in New Hampshire!!!”

Pemi Valley Moose Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Join in the fun as we take a 2 1/2 to 3 hour journey through the majestic White Mountains in our air conditioned bus in search of the gentle giant of the North Country. Our nightly excursions feature a guided tour of the local area, a video about Moose, and interesting historical sites along the way.
Reviewed May 11, 2013

This was one of our favorite parts of our New England vacation. We took one of the last tours before the season ended last fall so we didn't see a ton of Moose, but the entire experience was great. One of the Moose we did wee came right up to the bus, it was quite the experience.

The guides were very informative. We did a tour at night in the pitch black, but the bus had plenty of lights on it to shine along side the road. They also had a large spot light that they used. It was hard to get pictures because it was so dark out, but found if I turned the camera to "video" mode that it worked great. If we are ever back in the area booking a tour with Pemi Valley will be the first thing we do.

1  Thank Eric S
There are newer reviews for Pemi Valley Moose Tours

Reviewed May 11, 2013

Fun event! Be aware it is 3-3.5 hours of driving around in dusk to dark, so small children may not be the best audience. (There is a 15 minute break halfway for bathroom breaks and snack purchases.) But we saw a pair of moose within just a few minutes of departing Lincoln, and over the next several hours saw 8 more, as well as a bear. We also had live and video presentations giving us more information on both the area, and the life and parts of a moose. One moose was happy to stand nearby for photo ops, but most were along the tree line or heading into the woods. The handy lighting and video camera from the tour guide provided even better views of the animals that were further away. There was also singing, clapping, jokes and more to bring on the moose mojo, which evidently worked!

3  Thank susanchloon
Reviewed May 8, 2013

so up close and fun for all the family, loved it. the trip was entertaining and educating, never saw moose up so close, they are huge. thanks a lot.

1  Thank Allen S
Reviewed March 9, 2013

OK, I guess my expectations were a bit unrealistic. I took my camera expecting to actually be able to get a picture of a moose. Didn't happen. But I did get to see a moose. In the wild. For real. So I got what I came for.
I was there in late August, which is evidently the time the moose begin to become less visible. I learned that on the tour. I learned a lot of moose facts on the tour. It was really very informative, as well as entertaining. The moose that I did see was fairly far away at the edge of a wallow, just in the trees, but I definitely saw her - even if it was briefly.
Yes, you drive the same roads over & over, but these guys go where the moose have been seen. As I mentioned, they give you lots of information. And they do make it fun with jokes, silly songs, & antics. They work very hard to ensure that you do see a moose & maybe even a bear on your tour with them.

Reviewed March 1, 2013

When I tell friends we went moose hunting, they thought we were crazy. Well, it isn’t actually hunting for moose, it’s moose watching. This tour was so much fun. Our guides were Larry, the driver and Steve, the guide. They gave us a 3½ hr. tour. Before we boarded, we asked which side of the bus was better and they said either side was good. But, in our tour, the moose happened to always be on the right side of the bus, and of course, we were sitting on the left. You are seated in order of your reservation. Because we made our reservations early, we were number 3 and boarded first so got a better selection of where to sit. This was an evening tour.

You are driven around, up and down the highways in Lincoln and through the White Mountains and stop at certain spots where the moose are likely to be. It isn’t just any ordinary place along the road, there are openings in the woods near swampy areas where moose could be spotted and our guides know exactly where to stop. Because we were there at the time of year when it is moose mating season, there weren’t a lot hanging around the edges of the road, they were deeper into the woods where you couldn't see them. We did see 3 moose this evening (I only saw one and that was because I was able to zoom in on my video recorder). My sister got a couple of pictures of them, although a little blurry and they were walking away, but you can see they are there.

In between the sightings, Larry and Steve made the ride a lot of fun with info on moose and the area and there was fun music on the bus, along with a video. They have ways to keep you entertained during the ride. They were very determined to have us see at least one moose so they drive around in the hopes of spotting one. If you are in Lincoln, I would definitely recommend Pemi Valley Moose Tours. I don’t know anywhere else you would have a fun opportunity for something like this.