“good for a quick sandwich stop”
Review of Purple Tomato

Purple Tomato
Ranked #1 of 49 Restaurants in Lincoln
Cuisines: Healthy
Dining options: Takeout
Description: We're focused on offering & supporting locally produced foods including: fresh produce, local meats & cheeses, baked goods and lots of other yummy options from our onsite kitchen. We have lunch sandwiches made from local and organic ingredients including veggie and vegan options. We offer grab and go dinner options, lobster rolls and other fresh seafood choices all day. We also have a full selection of wines, both locally produced and from around the world. Also, visit our new Snack Shack in the same plaza for a large variety of grab and go items and lots of health snack choices.
Reviewed May 29, 2014

It's a store plus small sandwich shop. They have lots of organic foods to shop, and they make various sandwiches on the spot. We loved their veggy sandwich, it tasted amazingly fresh! Not a lot of sitting area, but I think it’s a good stop for some quick food, or even to get to-go sandwich.

1  Thank rutansh

Reviewed February 21, 2014

We ate here twice during our stay last weekend. The owners are so friendly and the sandwiches are yummy. They make great homemade baked beans, their pineapple scones are to die for. All their food is local and fresh. They also sell many other fresh products like fish, meats and so on. Next time we are in Lincoln we'll bring our grill and try the meats. This is another great place to eat if you want something simple or if you want to make a meal. Highly recommend going there.

1  Thank 370Lucy54
Reviewed November 10, 2013

Was staying the weekend near the mountains to hike and came across this little shop. The first day I got a #1 sandwich. It had amazing turkey with blueberry cheese! It was sooooooo good and only about $5. I also got the trail mix cookie... If you like cookies this is something different and yummy. The food was so good I went back the next day and got a #2! Even better. The owners are also really friendly and helpful. This place is a must stop for a light and easy meal! Also has a bunch of local products.

Reviewed October 20, 2013

We were very happy to find this little market for lunch. The owners were very nice and accommodating, the food was fresh and yummy, and they have lots of options for purchasing natural and organic foods. We each had sandwiches while our son had the homemade mac and cheese. A bag of tortilla chips and a few cookies rounded out our meal. Just FYI - being a small, local market it was a little pricey, but worth it for the good food and to support a local business.

Reviewed August 28, 2013

On a recent trip to the area, I was looking for a quick, light supper to take back to my motel room and really wanted something fresh, not fast food. I remembered seeing a sign for sandwiches somewhere, and spent a good few minutes driving up and down the strip looking for the right place. Am I glad I did!

At the Purple Tomato, even though it was close to closing, I got a delicious, fresh, made-to-order sandwich with moist roast turkey, Vermont cheese with blueberries, maple-basil mustard, and local lettuce so beautiful it looked like a corsage, all on yummy homemade oatmeal bread. The sandwich ended up being 2 meals, and I also picked up a dozen homemade cookies - choc chip, oatmeal, pb, pinwheel, and more - and the whole order was about $10.

They are really a farmer's market (year-round, how cool is that?), not a restaurant. Had we been headed home (not to a motel), I definitely would have indulged in the tempting beautiful vegetables and loaves of bread.

There are some wonderful eateries in the area, but when you're ready for a break from rich restaurant meals, do indulge in the Purple Tomato's lighter, healthier, absolutely delicious fare.