“Spectacular shows- a must go!”
Review of Jean's Playhouse

Jean's Playhouse
Ranked #6 of 31 things to do in Lincoln
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Year-round theatre and entertainment in Lincoln, New Hampshire -- the heart of the White Mountains. Jean's Playhouse now houses the professional, community, and educational performance groups: Papermill Theatre Company, IMPACT Children's Theatre, Playhouse Players, and Jean's Teens.
Reviewed July 22, 2014

We were blown away by Little Shop of Horrors! What a perfect, sweet theater and the acting was superb. Cast was hilarious and super talented. Singing was spot on and the sets were uber creative and eye catching. The kids and adults alike were at the edge of their seats. So glad we found this hidden gem. When I get a craving for Broadway caliber I know where to go! :)

1  Thank Sharchase
in 6 reviews
in 9 reviews
in 6 reviews

Reviewed July 22, 2014

We saw Little Shop of Horrors on a whim during our 5 day stay in Lincoln. I can't say enough how funny and well done the show was. Our girls are 13 and 8 and both loved it. They've been to some plays before so it wasn't a completely new experience. The show is appropriate for kids (1 small inappropriate sentence but it will probably go over their heads). The actors were fantastic! Mr Mushnik and the dentist were hilarious, great actors. I would highly recommend seeing this show.

Reviewed July 21, 2014

My husband and I went to see "The Little Shop of Horrors." He is not a theater-going person, but the venue was delightful...completely renovated with a small, cozy atmosphere. The cookies at the snack area were fantastic. They offered a special drink, "Bloody Mary" for the event. You could choose your own seats and there are no bad seats. The seats were new and comfortable with plenty of leg room. We arrived 45 minutes early, but it wasn't necessary. The show was only 1/3 full which was a disappointment because it was so wonderful! The show was fantastic, the music, the actors...very impressive. At the end of the show, for a small donation, my husband and I went on stage to sit inside the Audrey II and have our picture taken. It was hilarious because it looked as though we had just been eaten by the giant plant! I highly recommend this venue. I have seen many shows at the Maine State Music Theater in Bowdoin and the Ogunquit Playhouse and I felt this was playhouse comparable, only in a more relaxed and inviting venue. If you enjoy theater, you will truly enjoy this remarkable place.

4  Thank Missy A
Reviewed July 14, 2014

The actors are skilled and fun, the shows rotate during the year so you can usually find something you like. If you want live theater, this is the place!

See more reviews
Reviewed June 22, 2014

When Jean's Playhouse opened we were among the first to try it and were not disappointed. It will take a few years for the playhouse to return to its former glory and start getting top level shows but for now it is small, comfortable and ever so gracious. I LOVE that it is open all year and offers a variety of entertainment throughout our harsh winters and often muddy springs. Of the 12 or so performances we have seen, we were only disappointed in the show NOT the performances. The actors are all very well seasoned professionals (even the local talent is as pro as one can expect). The price is right and the new venue so comfy and welcoming. TRULY worth the trip. This summer 2014, they are offering a GREAT line up and with more and more people availing themselves of the place, I am sure there will be great line ups every year! COME--treat yourself to a great night out.

1  Thank foodiefan46272