“cost to much”

Econo Lodge Inn & Suites
Ranked #18 of 20 Hotels in Lincoln
Reviewed August 25, 2011

after driving all day sightseeing in the mountains, we wanted a place to stay near " clarks trading post " for an easy trip there in the am. i had aaa so i got a 10% discount but i still paid 99.00 /tax. i'm sure i could've found something a little nicer,cheaper. i saw a rate online before i left of 70.00. that would've been ok, but i wasn't sure where we ould end up. i told the girl this and it was after 6 but she said there was nothing she could do. if the kids didn't want to sim so bad (they did have an indoor pool) i would've looked for something else. now don't get me wrong, there was a fridge,microwave and pretty clean but old and not kept up very well. i have stayed at much better places than this for the price. good pit stop, i guess

Room Tip: the second floor has a balcony
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends

Reviewed August 22, 2011

I'm not saying it was dirty, but it had that dank, musty smell of an old hotel and everything seemed to be a bit damp. It's a typical low-to-mid level hotel, but the location is good for Clark's Trading Post and the entrance to the Kancamagus Hwy. The front desk clerk was very helpful in helping us with directions and suggestions.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank sayno2self
Reviewed August 20, 2011

The staff was friendly. Beds and sheets were okay (compared to the same class). The room was scented with a thick layer of classic dingy hotel smell. This may be caused by the hot temperature, the moist and most importantly lack of proper ventilation. I will not go back.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank stanleylo
Reviewed November 26, 2010

Upon arrival, staff was friendly and helpful. Room was very clean, with added attraction of double in-room jacuzzi besides the usual freatures of microwave, small refrigerator, T.V. Furnishings were comfortable, including king-size bed that provided a great night's sleep. Continental breakfast from the office was delicious and offered a wide assortment of breakfast items.
The Inn was located near the Kangamagus Highway, many specialty shops, and wonderful restaurants. The location gave us access to a wide range of outdoor activities within a 10 mile radius.
We subsequently found out that the Inn was under new management and the General Manager and Office Manager (Megan and Justin) were anxious to build a clientele that would return again and again. We were so impressed, we plan to return very soon and make the Inn a destination for regular get-aways.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 5, 2010

We switched to stay here last minute, as our prior motel had gotten bad reviews since the weather turned colder. I never thought to check reviews for a chain hotel first. Room opened to the parking lot, so no view, but that was okay. Overall clean - dust and a couple spiders in the corners. Odd smell in the hallway, but not in the room. Continental breakfast seriouslly lacking - nothing healthy - no fruit or yogurt, and peanut butter was not allowed due to allergies. Didn't use hotel amenities. Bathroom door had some damage to it, and plugs kept falling out of outlets (odd). Water pressure and heat in the shower was unbelievably good. TV channel guide in book was wrong, so we had to figure out where the weather station and pertinent stations were.
Quiet, rainy bleak weekend, so it was not busy at all. Our goal was a place to crash, with no smells, clean, and comfortable. This met, but didn't exceed our goals. Fridge and micro in the room - but no coffee maker or mugs for coffee. That was, however, available all the time in the lobby's adjacent breakfast room.
Dinner at the muddy moose in conway was a bonus!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 8, 2010

If ever there is a time to listen to a review,this is it. My huband and I decided on a last minute trip with the kids. I found this hotel online. I must say a little nervous after some of the reveiws but, was willing to give them a chance since some of the reveiws were a couple years old. We stayed in room 124. The STRONG oder of must and moldiness was unbelievable. Gagging. After a wahile in the room we started coming down with headaches. I went out and purchased air fresheners just to get through the night. It was a sold out weekend in Lincoln. Floiage. So we had no choice. After contacting the econo lodge phone number to complain when we got back I was told I would hear from the manager within 72 hours. That never happened. The general manager megan was not accomodating at all. Acyually a bit sarcastic.

• Stayed: October 2010
3  Thank gusfamily_10
bestofnh2010, General Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded November 23, 2010

First, my apologies on not receiving a response within 72 hours. Our responses are documented and tracked via the franchise company, which would have been the company you contacted. I can assure you that you were indeed mailed a written response, and that I did indeed look into the matter upon your departure. I sincerely wish your family would have brought the matter to our attention prior to checkout as we would have been more than happy to change your room, and be able to address your concerns immediately. We strive for the BEST satisfaction from our guests, and as a actively involved manager, it is disappointing to learn of a dissatisfied stay from a previous guest. Unfortunately, it was not brought to our attention until check out, which did not present us the opportunity to address your concerns, and allow us to make your stay more enjoyable and comfortable. Furthermore, the concerns that you contacted us about were most definitely addressed with all departments, and the appropriate measures were taken to rectify to them. In addition, some of the issues that were brought to our attention were inspected thoroughly, and by three different managers, but were unable to be discovered. If you have any questions at all, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at the property.

Kindest Regards,

Megan

Reviewed August 24, 2010

We booked this hotel while travelling in the New Hampshire area. Went to Concord NH and booked through AAA (CAA), as we're from Canada. When they gave us the rate of $99.00/night, we thought it was a steal! Well, when we got there, I realized that $99.00/night was a steal alright - by the HOTEL! It was just grosse! I'm not one who is super fussy about hotels, but this one was the worst I had ever seen. We've travelled quite a bit over the past couple of years, and never experienced this. It had an awful smell, had to wash all my clothes when I got home. I will never again book through AAA, where this is concerned, if I knew it was a 2-star hotel. The pool(s) were terrible, thank God there was Whales Tale Waterpark close by, so we could enjoy some clean water for swimming. This hotel has to be renovated somehow. And the gym area, was the worst! one treadmille I think and one stationary bicycle... never EVER again!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family